Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mark Unread battle I have with the Activity feed

When I click on the Activity feed the top item instantly marks read
    - but I may not want that to happen, as I may be going into the Activity feed to look for something else
    - I'm constantly doing marking it unread like I'm having a battle with the software which keeps marking it read...arrrrgh

Another thing - Just say I mark a post unread. Then later on I'm scrolling through a channel (and the post I earlier marked as unread so happens to live in this channel), and I scroll by it as I look for something else.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ability to see if another colleague has viewed your comment

Other platforms let you know when the comment has been seen eg WhatsApp, Facebook messenger.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Get a notification when an Assignment is due

It would be helpful for pupils and teachers if a notification was sent to remind us an Assignment was due.
    Being able to set how far in advance of the due date the notification is sent would be perfect.
    At the minyte, I am commenting in the conversation the night before an Assignment is due. This is time consuming.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Wish I had one ... only comments

I love Planner but the boss just had us stop using the channel email link. He says “... please refrain from posting emails to any of the teams pages. If you want to share information, please share in a post format only. This is becoming redundant and defeating the whole purpose of using team conversations instead of emails. Thank you and I appreciate your understanding.  “
    Comments in Conversation, comments to a Planner task,... all of it ends up in Outlook...as another Inbox to check. Then there’s the Activity feed!!!
    Maybe it’s the Teams desktop app I don’t like. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. output a list of people who "Like" to chat

I want to output a list of people who have responded to chat.
    If I get a lot of "Like" action from team member to my post, it's difficult to grasp them now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Better notification system

It needs to give more efficient notifications. Sometimes it takes me days before knowing I got a text I team. It needs actual push notifications and not just email notifications

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need information of the Activity feature in Teams

I would like you to let us know how the Activity feature works in public facing document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There is a notification bug where you keep giving me a notification for a “high performing post” in channels I’m not following (all channels

There is a notification bug where you keep giving me a notification for a “high performing post” in channels I’m not following (and channels I am following, but I expect this - I do not expect to get ANY notifications for channels I am not following). There is no option to turn this annoying feature off. Screenshot attached of the kind of notification I’m talking about. Fix this ASAP.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to explicitly mark activity feed items as read (like Outlook) rather than auto

I would prefer to manually manage the read/unread status of something, the same way I can via Outlook's reading pane options. Current Teams behavior is equivalent to "mark items as read when viewed in the reading pane". I want to disable that and manually mark either a single item as read, multiple selected items, or all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Android notifications work better

Many notifications don't come through.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Behavior on alert policies

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    アラートポリシーの動作について

Behavior on alert policies
    ■Description(内容):
    アラートポリシーにて、OneDrive for Business のファイルを共有をした際にアラートで通知されるような設定をした際、Teams のチャットでファイルを添付した際にも通知が送信されるため、Teams での共有時には通知がされないよう※つで設定できる機能の拡充を希望します。

If you set an alert in alert policy to notify when sharing files in OneDrive for Business, the notification will be sent when attaching files to Teams’ chat, too.
    We hope to have a setting to not send notifications when users attached a file to Teams chat in the scenario mentioned above.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chat Notifications

In Skype for Business, users could get a desktop pop-up notification when somebody sent them a new message. I have searched and cannot find this same functionality in Teams. Is there a plan for Microsoft to implement this same functionality?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Public-facing information for settings in Microsoft Teams admin center

As we are planning to migrate to Microsoft Teams from Skype for Business, I need detailed description for each setting in Microsoft Teams admin center to compare which settings are linked with the setting Skype for Business admin center.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give me the option to add different notification sounds to different channels.

I want different notification sounds for different channels allowing me to ignore what I can ignore and really pay attention to what’s important.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. silent incoming call

Ability to Silent incoming call just like in SFB

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notifications don't work consistently on Iphone 7. Need support for "older" phones (even if it is less than three years old)

Notifications do not work consistently on my Iphone7 (less than three years old). Everyone in my office who has a newer phone gets notifications consistently. All other setitngs are the same (we have rechecked countless times). Our conclusion is that it must be a software issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unhide hidden teams when people are mentioned or tagged @

When we tag someone from a channel they have hidden, the channel appears unhidden and italicized. Then hidden again after the person views the notification. This is great!

When we tag someone from a *team* they have hidden, the team remains hidden. It would be great if the team became visible and italicized, with the channel unhidden and italicized as well.

That way we know that any @ mention will be seen be it in a hidden channel or in a hidden team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the notification banner larger

We would like the ability to adjust the way the notification box acts and looks. We would like to have control of how long it shows the notification, whether the notification stays on top of other windows, and how large the notification window is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to Turn off audible notification

Option to Turn off audible notification.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)