Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a "Mark as Read" button to the pop up Banner

In the current Pop-up Banner, add a button to mark it as read, like in Outlook. This is especially useful for short notes, like OK or Thanks, or for the like you get on a chat. I just don't think I need to go into the app to clear my notifications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams in the background

When teams runs in the background, you must manually check for any new chat messages. This is not good for an instant chat app when you need a quick answer; it is no better than sending an email. The banner disappears quickly and unlike Skype it does not open the chat to the desktop and make the taskbar blink when a message comes thru. Could Teams have this function to grab your attention?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Setting to receive email notifications even when active

By adding a setting to receive email notifications even when active, I think that the range of information confirmation of users will expand

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Instant Message - Notifications

The IM feature needs to have more control over the sound of the alerts (MUST BE LOUDER) and, when a message is sent, it should stay on the screen until the receiver opens the message. (or at least have an option to allow this to happen). IM's get sent and unless you are staring at your screen, the message is often missed for a very long time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notification tone

Better if we could have a notification tone enabled. We can see the ms teams app blinking but no audio option available.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow admins/Owners to disable notifications for Members

When creating a new MS Team for incoming new Students, we would like the ability to turn off email notifications so that they are not bombarded by emails upon joining and accessing their mailbox for the 1st time, as this may mean that important emails are missed

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hiding administrator actions

When an administrator deletes a person from a Team, the action should not be visible for all to see. It does not add any value, and In the case of a death, it is upsetting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dismiss Notification with Swipe gesture

Allow Dismissal of Notification box on MAC using swipe gesture when hovered over the notification which is much faster and user friendly aligning with MAC design and usability

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Modify Notifications at once

Requests the ability for users to change all Teams client Notifications at once.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notify on Team Chat Activity

Currently when you are in the Teams section and get a PM, your chat icon has a red mark on it indicating an Unread PM.

This should also happen on the teams icon when under Chat icon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. person who creates a new team in Microsoft Teams has the ability to set up notification settings for the members of the team

From what one of my colleagues has read online, it seems that Microsoft itself has determined what default notification settings exist. I realize that each user can edit their own notification settings. However, the question was asked if the default notification settings can just be set up for everyone by the creator of the team rather than Microsoft itself.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Popup notification shows up on active chat

At the moment there is still popup showing when you have the chat open. it only happens when working on multiple displays, when you have set Teams on the other screen and have your chat open with your colleague and then work on the other screen. You get the popup notification and it can be very annoying. I would like to prefer same as SfB that teams blinks on the notification bar.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More customizable notifications

I want to have more abilities to select which conversations I get notifications from. I keep getting emails and pop up from notifications unwanted

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show accurate unread numbers on Activity in Teams

Notification numbers shown on Activity would be cleared once you click it even if there are unread feeds remained.

I would like to view actual unread numbers of notifications in the Activity feed in Teams, if some unread items are remained.
    It would be great that you could improve this behavior to show the actual number on Activity.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Progress bar for uploading recording to Streams

It is difficult to tell when an upload of a meeting recording to Streams will finish. A progress bar would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. TURN EMAIL ALERT OFF OPTION

Please make an option in settings to be able to turn off email alerts for messages via app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to enable or disable the notifications in the Windows App

Even with notification disable in Windows, TEAMs APP keep sending notifications of any change in the teams I am in included, Please, activate an option in the Team Windows App to disable the notifications

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop resending a notification to the user after editing @mentions message

When I edit the existing @mentions message, another notification will be sent to the user again. It would be great to have a feature to stop resending the notification sent to the same user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give ability for users to have a daily digest emailed to them of files uploaded into Teams and a preview of conversations, just like Yammer

Give ability for users to have a daily or weekly digest emailed to them of files uploaded into Teams and a preview of conversations, just like Yammer allows users to do so. Other systems I use do this and then I know what I can go look for.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams UAC prompt without Office Click To Run

When launching Teams on a machine without Office Click to Run installed, you are prompted for admin credentials. Causes issues in environments that were deployed with the standalone machine installer, or the user installer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base