Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tag for Change of Status Alerts

This is easy to manage in Skype as the option to un-tag a person is available in the pop up window. In Teams you have to go back to the person in Chat to turn off the notifications. Could these pop ups be developed to include the additional functionality?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Admin control on sending notifications to the team owner

I would like you to implement a feature for admins to control sending notifications to the team owner when sharing the document link with someone. This notification is for asking the owner to give an access to who are invited, but we need to block giving an access to people who don’t belong to the internal organization. I think if the admins could block the notification to be sent, we are no longer suffer from this problem any more.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Custom Notification Sounds

I know this has come up a lot but we would love to be able to customize the notification sounds in Teams. In a cubicle farm, it is sometimes hard to tell if the message was for a particular person if that person isn't right at their desk at the time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Channel notifications for new teams on by default

Rather than missing notifications because notifications are set to off by default we'd like the to be opt out rather than opt in

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow a Sound Notification for Received Messages

Currently there are only banner or email notifications. When doing work, it makes it hard to keep track of chat conversations unless you are able to see the banner. Adding a simple 'message received' sound notification (even if the old AOL received message sound) would increase productivity.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notifications while attending a meeting

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    会議に参加中の通知について
    Notifications while attending a meeting

■Description(内容):
    会議に参加中に通知が表示されると邪魔になることがあります。
    通常時は構わないのですが、会議に参加中は、通知をユーザー自身で制御を行うことができるという機能を要望します。

There are times when notifications get in the way when you are attending a meeting.
    Other times aren’t an issue, but please allow users to restrict the appearance of notifications when they are in a meeting.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Only update chat and notifications for meetings you actually join.

Only send meeting related chats and notifications for meetings a user actually joins. Not the ones not joined or declined.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to set a one-time status notification or perpetual

When I set a status notification for a colleague, I usually just want to know the next time they come online, so I can contact them. Having the option to set just a one-time notification of the next time they come online would save the hassle of clicking through settings windows to turn it off again.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Turn off notifications for a meeting

Please add the ability to turn of chat notifications for any given meeting.

Use case: I'm optional on a meeting. I accept it as tentative for visibility and to be able to review the conversation afterward. I would like to be able to turn off chat notifications for that meeting (and optionally choose a digest email later in the data).

It would be nice to:
    * have the feature available on the meeting itself on the calendar,
    * have the feature available on the notification itself

Mute options:
    a) turn off,
    b) mute until the meeting ends,
    c) mute for…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Split Call Notification Global Options 3 ways: Call, Chat, Mention

Please Split Call Notification Global Options 3 ways: Call, Chat, Mention. with all options each. Present config is not fun or productive. It is annoying, aggravating and disturbing of focus and productivity, personally and of co-workers. - Present status decrements the user experience of Teams App and Teams web. Tkx.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Untag" Button on status change notifications

When tagging someone as "Notify when available" it would be nice to have an "untag" button on the notification that shows up.

Currently, you have to go to the main Teams interface, find the person who's still tagged for status change and then select "turn off notifications" which is a bunch of extra clicks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Manage notifications for all channels in a Team

Currently I have to edit notifications per channel. Would like to be able to edit notifications for all channels, i.e. at a Team level.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Getting notification when a channel receives an email

I consider it is useful to be able to receive notification when a channel within a team receives an email sent to the channel email address. The reason behind is that, I am addressing to a number of C-level guys and upper management, besides the tons of emails which they already receive, the notification from the special channel will not be missed.
    Like when a new post is made in the channel, a new notification is pushed.
    Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ability to move incoming call prompt

when you have an incoming call and the notification pops up in the bottom right hand side of the screen, you loose the ability to answer when a toast notification comes through.

The toast notification hides the "buttons" stopping you from accepting or denying the call.

Even trying to move it when an incoming call is happening is not possible.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't display chat notifications for the chat that is currently active/displayed in the desktop app.

Don't display chat notifications for the chat that is currently active/displayed in the desktop app. I have a chat open and active in the Teams Desktop app on Windows 10 with Teams maximized on one of my monitors and the notification sound and message popup still fire for incoming messages in that chat.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Banner notification location

I want to be able to choose the corner of the screen where I want banner notifications to be displayed. Currently the behavior between MacOS and Windows platforms are different and can not be changed. Please, be more loyal and let the user decide.
    Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove notification that you have a new chat item if you've popped out a chat window

Current situation:
    I pop out a chat window
    We have conversations
    My teams is still showing a notification (Badge) on the Chat icon that something needs to be read even if I've read it in the popped out window

What should happen:
    Badge on Chat icon on left nav doesn't show

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have the Original Owner of a Team get the meeting notification as well as all other members when creating a meeting in a channel

Currently the original Owner of a Team doesn't receive an email notification when a meeting is created in a Channel. You can remove and re-add the owner to fix it as a work around but it would be nice to not have to do that on every team that gets created.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. reminder to respond to chat - move to top of chat list

in gmail, if you don't respond to an email after a few days, it creeps up to the top of your inbox and gmail asks if you need to respond. perhaps there could be a similar feature with chats? some really get buried for me and i forget i never responded.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send a notification to the Team about a new time proposal for a meeting in a channel, otherwise noone is informed

It would be great that all team members get notified of a new meeting time proposal (for a meeting set up within a channel), as otherwise there is no way to know that someone actually had a conflict

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base