Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. busy

Teams always seems to be in "BUSY" status. Support advises we have to hover or constantly use Teams for this to switch to Available. Manually switching to Available only works for a while then automatically switches back to Busy. Really?

So if I'm working in Word all day and not "chatting" with someone I'm automatically busy. Poor design. Give us options, allow us to tell the system what to look for to switch to busy. Meetings with other apps (Yes, like Zoom, GTM, etc) Tie to Tapi, etc. Zoom has so much potential but lacks 100% what it really needs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove notifications for muted members

Notifications for muted members remain at the top of the desktop app. The only way to make them disappear is go to the Settings tab. However, once you leave the Settings area, the notification reappears and won't go away.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications are very bad.

Teams should behave as any apps in this area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. notifications

Be great if had options to emails for all notifications; looks like its banner and email or banner only or off. what about email only?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Requires Constant Monitoring

Microsoft Teams requires CONSTANT monitoring! If someone makes a comment in a channel wall, I do not see it until I log in next. It makes it hard to use as a collaboration tool because, even after I post something, I have to explicitly tag the individuals I want to see it - or email or Skype-message them, but that's how my current process is, so what's the point of Teams in that case?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notification scheduler with exceptions

As a user I want to adjust two different schedules:
    1) Different active hours on daily bases WITH possibility to add several exceptions on daily bases:
    For example I want Teams to notify me on :
    - - Monday: from 9am to 5pm
    - - Tuesday: from 10am to 6pm
    - - Wednesday: from 10am to 5pm
    - - Thursday: from 8am to 4pm
    - - Friday: 9am to 3pm
    - - Saturday: No notifications
    - - Sunday: No notifications

- I have exceptions on my weekly schedule:
    - - Tuesday: No notifcations 2pm to 2:45pm (massage)
    - - Thursday:…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make notifications work on iPhone

Would lime to get a notification whebever I get a chat message in Teams. I have notifications enabled system wide and for Teams as well

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save notification settings to local device only

I use Teams on my desk PC and many other boardroom PCs when in a group session. I require my notification settings to be different on the different devices, rather than me changing the settings on each one all the time because the settings are currently saved to my profile. I usually don't want other colleagues in the boardrooms reading banner notifications that I like to see on my desk PC!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When Teams is closed, send me an email notification immediately after I'm mentioned.

I don't always have Teams open at work because I only have one project using it. I always have email open. If someone mentions me in Teams and I don't have it open, I don't get an email about it until an hour later. I want to get an email notification immediately so that I know to look at Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't Notify for Active Window

When I'm currently viewing a thread, I still get notifications for new posts in that thread. It'd be nice for the application to recognize this and not notify for what I'm currently reading.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Different indication on the icon for busy and unread messages

Currently the indication for "busy" and "unread messages" is both a red dot. Since I have all other messages notifications disabled this is confusing for me (i dont know if the dot is there because of busy or i have unread message). Also the "busy" indication hides the unread messages. It would be very nice if those two can be separate indications. E.g. dot on different places, or busy to be with different icon and the dot to represent unread messages only.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As notificações são uma merda

O aplicativo vir com a opção de ( deixar de notificar quando estiver logado no pc) por padrão, atrapalha muito. Pois muitas vezes eu tenho que deixar-me-ei pc ligado para alterar algo de casa, sendo assim, eu não sou devidamente notificado, tendo que ser alertado portuário meio, seja WhatsApp ou Facebook Messenger. A opção é boa mas não como padrão. Até descobrir isso eu perdi um monte sei formações importantes no trabalho

Outro problema é a notificação dos grupos, onde eu sou notificado apenas se mencionado. Fazendo com que eu tenha que ficar MANUALMENTE tendo que buscar informações constantes.

#melhorem

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. One week back email notifications were working when using the @"" option. Since today the members does not receive email notifications, only

One week back email notifications were working when using the @"" option. Since today the members does not receive email notifications, only

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It doesn have the option menu for personal messages, like it you want to a meesage to pop up or not, to avoid sending emails etc

It doesn have the option menu for personal messages, like it you want to a meesage to pop up or not, to avoid sending emails etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Choose where the notification appears

Right now the message notification is on my lower right part of my screen I would like to be able to choose where it should appear

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow the users to turn off e-Mail notifications, and still keep the standard phone/computer notifications on.

Allow users to manage, not only what they are notified by, but also what kind of notifications the user would like.
    I cant turn off notifications. If I do, I wont see the messages. I cant let it stay on, because it spams my email more than regular spam-Mail does.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automatic Notification

Should be able to set up a channel or relationship so that every time something is posted, a notification automatically goes to specific team member(s).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.