Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. notifications

I don't get a pop-up notification for any channel (chats, groups etc). However, it works for my other colleagues and all our settings are the same.

Can anyone provide any insight to this issue?
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Want to inform system administrators when we shared files to external users

I would request a notification feature for Microsoft Teams to send alerts or e-mails to system administrators if we shared files to external users (guest users).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Problems

I don't know what changes were made to the app, but I no longer receive notifications on the mobile app (my phone). This creates a huge problem when my boss sends me messages and I don't respond because I have no idea there is a new message. I have checked ALL of my notification settings, and everything is enabled. If and when I open Teams, I can see the new messages, but I never receive a notification. Please advise how to fix because Teams is causing huge communication issues.

Matthew W.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Send Email for missed chat

In Skype even when skype is active if I do not interact with a chat window I receive an email after ~15 minutes to remind me of a missed conversation. Teams should behave the same way and send a notification when I miss a conversation.

Toast notices are not sufficient in this case as I may not be able to immediately react to an incoming message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi. We need a more "in your face" notification that a message has been sent in teams. adding a little red number to the comment in teams

We need a more "in your face" notification that a message has been sent in teams. adding a little red number to the comment in teams only works if you have teams open...adding a littl red number to the teams icon in the tray area only works if you have the tray open or aren't hiding it in some way. Having a box appear for a few moments only works if someone is looking at their screen when the notification arrives. Maybe have the notification stay onscreen until clicked, or have it reappear every now and then

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Desktop notification for Teams channel

I am not getting Desktop notifications on Team channel. I've followed the channel, the notifications are only reflecting on Activity.

Am I missing something in the settings?

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Block channel mentions from specific user

We have a few users that abuse (channel) mentions and would like to block or mute the notifications/toasts for these users. E.g. a list of users that are blacklisted in the notification settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Following a channel doesn't zero in on exactly what's new in a channel

It's great that a channel will bold and/or you can get audio notifications, but it would be nice if the specific tab in a channel would have a badge icon indicating that's specifically where a new update occurred. For example, if someone added a file to the Files tab in a channel, set up a badge notification on the File tab so that I can immediately know what changed in that channel. Otherwise, I may have to click on each tab hunting for the update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A notification mail with the instruction on postponing migration from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams

It would be great that a notification mail includes the instruction on setting change through Microsoft Teams admin center when moving from SfB to Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notifications not seen

several of my team members have reported delayed message notifications or unclear message notifications. I have made sure settings a adjusted so there is a banner and an email, but, to reference skype, they mentioned that they liked the feature that brings up the window when a message is received so that it is not missed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hide popup

You should be able to disable the popup notification or at least make it private, so that it does not preview the convo. Often times I'm sharing my screen with someone, or pull it up on the large TV in a conference room. I don't want the entire room to read my private conversations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I am not getting notifications

I have the app on my iPhone and iPad and I don’t get notifications on either even though I requested to always get notifications

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop Call Controls bar, its incredibly distracting

Call controls on headsets and other devices aren't available right now. keeps popping up, stop it please, i know my headset is disconnected but the app always appears like a new message as been sent when the pop up bar shows up every other minute

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notification request for updated content on the Wiki tab and the file tab

It would be great that Microsoft Teams sends a notification when content on the Wiki tab and the file tab updated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add a notification setting for new wikis

When a new wiki is added for a team, allow users to receive a notification/email/text message when a wiki page is added or updated

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification is not working properly

Plz allow the notification over any other application

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Global Application Policies

It would ideal to have a global application policy for notifications as we transition users from SFB to Teams. SFB users are accustomed to seeing these notifications in Outlook and the transition to Teams is gonna cause an adoption issue without this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notification popup is unnecessary if Teams has focus

It is completely redundant, unnecessary, and disruptive to have the new message popup on top of my Teams application window while the Teams application has the focus.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.