Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add notification for new team message, as like as on conversation

When someone send a message in conversation, a notification appears on left, but not when someone create a message in a team group. It's difficult to follow discussion and we can easily lost information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Push notification is not working. Cant use it for urgent business discussions

Notification is must for this type of messaging app in Android and iphone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add client status details as shown in SfB

Client status notifications like shown in SfB would be a nice detail add on. Right now, I am unable to tell if a user is away, presenting, on call, etc.. Status refreshes tend to be slow and could use a faster refresh time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better notifications as a follower of a task

We used asana before and it was very useful for the person creating a task to be able to specify who the followers of that task should be - rather than people having to opt in to following that task. Those people then automatically received updates.

I run several busy large teams to would find it useful to receive updates on all tasks I follow as I did in asana. At present, teams doesn't seem to keep me up to date adequately on the tasks I follow. I don't get enough notifications to be able to keep tabs on what…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I

I’m still not getting notifications

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can't remove or in follow General

Why is general special? It should have the least priority, but seems to have the most when it comes to follow and notification settings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notification don’t work well

Receive a notification anytime anything happens

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Move the notifications to another area or another screen

The notifications keep popping up in an area of my screen that I use on a constant basis. The notifications are on top of everything, so I have to mute channels, close the notification, or just turn them off completely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notifications needs to be better on android devices. I am having OnePlus running Android Oreo and most of the times Teams doesn't update in

Notifications needs to be better on android devices. I am having OnePlus running Android Oreo and most of the times Teams doesn't update in background and I don't receive Notifications. I have to rely on mails for updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve message notification

Having 1 computer 1 phone and 1 tablet with the same team account it happened that I received the notificatin only on one device (the tablet for example) but not on the phone and computer. This induces quite a delay in seeing and acknowlodging the message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. CHAT and CHANNEL notifications need MORE COWBELL

Too much emphases has been placed on the ACTIVITY screen for CHAT and TEAMS channel notifications and it's not working.

The application ACTIVITY is a log. The only activity there is logging update activity made somewhere else. That somewhere else is where we need activity updates. I assure you, teams NOT scrolling through the ACTIVITY history log looking for something to do. They're busy doing.

1. If I'm in CHAT then I expect to see my CHAT UPDATES and NOTIFICATIONS immediately.

2. If I'm in a TEAMS channel then I expect to see any updates to TEAMS immediately.

3. When…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't keep notifying me. I dismis a reminder (which Outlook had already given me) and it came back. I just turned off Teams notification

Don't spam me with notifications. Make them behave like all other app notifications. You aren't special. Coordinate with Outlook so I'm not getting notified multiple times for the same event.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. notification contact latest

Chatt notification shows which contact is chatting, only if using 'Latest' list. Not when using the 'Contacts' list. Would be great to be able to know which contact has chatted even when viewing the Contacts. Also, please make the dot a bit larger. Another idea would be to be able to double-click on the chat-ikon itself to get to the chat in question. See screenshots for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to configure alrerts and sounds

I can’t set to tone alerts on iPhone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make teams more Transparent.

When adding a new conversations in teams enable automatic notifications instead of having you tag the conversation.

Being forced into Teams from Slack because of politics, I´ve noticed our teams are missing out at a lot of conversations in teams. A problem we didn´t have in Slack, cause everybody saw everything and were able to filter out if it was relevant or no and then could disregard it at a glance or answer fast.

What we notice in Teams is that conversations that wasn´t tagged became unoticed. Which is commonly to forget if you are a bit un the run…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have notification settings in Teams itself

Can notifications settings be adjusted within Teams, rather than requiring us to go to another place, like Sharepoint?

Some have suggested "Flow" for managing notification settings. I find it highly inconvenient that Flow is not just a function, but a separate app of its own.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I have two separate teams memberships and I would like to see when I get a notification on either..

I have two separate teams memberships and I would like to see when I get a notification on either. As it currently stands I do not get notified with new material on separate channels so in order to see if anything is happening in other memberships I have to make random checks throughout my day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. notifications in iOS not appearing.. Direct chats, followed channels etc.

Notifications stopped appearing in iOS again, even with "always" configured in notification setting. Includes direct chats, followed channels etc. This isn't limited to one user. running latest iOS app, and most up to date windows 10 client. Why does this keep happening?!?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. busy

Teams always seems to be in "BUSY" status. Support advises we have to hover or constantly use Teams for this to switch to Available. Manually switching to Available only works for a while then automatically switches back to Busy. Really?

So if I'm working in Word all day and not "chatting" with someone I'm automatically busy. Poor design. Give us options, allow us to tell the system what to look for to switch to busy. Meetings with other apps (Yes, like Zoom, GTM, etc) Tie to Tapi, etc. Zoom has so much potential but lacks 100% what it really needs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.