Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email settings

I keep getting emails (e.g. when I am unavailable for a chat message) saying "Rather not get these emails? Head over to the app, click Settings and then Notifications to edit your preferences." But, the Windows 10 app has no such setting, or, it is extremely well hidden!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Notify when available" is not robust enough

When you've activated "Notify when available", you receive notifications only when the become available or offline. There are no other features or options.

I would love a notification setting that informed me when someone is Away, or Busy, or Appears Away. as well as when they get back and are available once again.

Why can't there be a setting to get notified of ALL status changes? This would be VERY useful for management.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate Call Notification from Mention & Chat Notification

Separate the call notification from the mention and chat notification. I don't want a notification going off every time someone chats, but I do need to hear when someone is calling me. I have missed calls from my boss due to this feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ability to move incoming call prompt

when you have an incoming call and the notification pops up in the bottom right hand side of the screen, you loose the ability to answer when a toast notification comes through.

The toast notification hides the "buttons" stopping you from accepting or denying the call.

Even trying to move it when an incoming call is happening is not possible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notification of members joining meeting late

When I am hosting the meeting, while meeting has started, I dont see any notification for members who joins late. This should be supported.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. notifications sounds

allow notification sounds to play out of different devices from voice chat.
    ie. voice chat use headset, but notifications can play via computer speakers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Don't display chat notifications for the chat that is currently active/displayed in the desktop app.

Don't display chat notifications for the chat that is currently active/displayed in the desktop app. I have a chat open and active in the Teams Desktop app on Windows 10 with Teams maximized on one of my monitors and the notification sound and message popup still fire for incoming messages in that chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Message alert

Hi.. Can we have alert/reminder button if people missed to read any message for long time..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is it possible to have option for banner to display on bottom left corner instead of bottom right? It disrupts my work on the bottom right.

Please have option to move notification banner to bottom left hand side or top right corner instead of bottom right corner please. The notifications on bottom right corner disrupts my work. Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Silence notifications while in a meeting

I find it annoying that while I'm in a meeting, I get popup notifications for messages being sent in that same meeting's chat. There should be an option that allows for meeting chat notifications to remain on (so that you will be notified when you aren't in the meeting) that becomes silenced once you join a meeting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show raise hand notification when Teams window is minimized

The rise hand feature is very useful, but I don't notice 'rise hand' during Teams windows is minimized. For example, I share my desktop and display the PPT file, the Teams window is minimized. I don't notice participants rise hand.

Please add notification feature for rise hand.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Report to track list of meeting Attendees in a call

Report to track list of meeting Attendees since we have large population in calls

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. reminder to respond to chat - move to top of chat list

in gmail, if you don't respond to an email after a few days, it creeps up to the top of your inbox and gmail asks if you need to respond. perhaps there could be a similar feature with chats? some really get buried for me and i forget i never responded.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. sound notification

It would be very useful to have different sounds for different channels and different chats. I would not have to divert my attention to see who has sent me a message.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Send a notification to the Team about a new time proposal for a meeting in a channel, otherwise noone is informed

It would be great that all team members get notified of a new meeting time proposal (for a meeting set up within a channel), as otherwise there is no way to know that someone actually had a conflict

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Banner notification for meeting attendees in Lobby.

I schedule a lot of Teams meetings for coworkers, typically external interviews. It would be nice if when an external individual starts a meeting and is in the virtual Lobby, the banner notification alerted me they are in the lobby rather than just that they started the meeting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Respect MacOS Global Do Not Disturb

Have teams respect the MacOS global Do Not Disturb instead of having to do it manually in Teams. Manually, you forget to turn it on and off.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to ask teams to notify you when someone status changes to available

Ability to ask teams to notify you when someone status changes to available. You want to speak to someone but see that they are offline or presenting etc - right click and select "notify when available". When the persons status changes you gat a popup like the new message pop up - telling you that Person is Available Now. It could also tell the other person that I wanted to know when they were available too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Being able to use "Notify when Available" from any screen

You should be able to turn Notify When Available on and off from any window not just Chat.
    It is much easier in Skype for Business.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can you please include "Mark as Read" option in your pop-up notifications.

Can you please include "Mark as Read" option in your pop-up notifications. This will help to track how many unreaded messages we actually have left.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base