Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notification profiles tied to availability status

As a Teams user, I would like to be able to create notification settings that are tied to my availability status so that when I change status I get the notifications most meaningful for that status. For example, if I am in the office and at my desk, I want to see all notifications for all channels. If I am out of office and away from my desk, I only want to see notifications for specific channels that may be of an urgent nature, but I don't want to see notifications for normal business channels. This will ensure that the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification Location Options

Allow us to customize the location of the notification pop up.

For instance:
    Option 1) Selection between the 4 corners of the screen.

Option 2) Allow us to "unlock" and move the pop up, then "lock" the pop up. This then means the pop up will always appear in the spot it was "locked" in.

Other options can be created, but these are just ideas from my team that made the most sense without getting to complicated. We use teams as part of our communication and the pop ups help us stay in touch but they can be intrusive, and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatically update status/location (ie working from home/in office) based off location

It was nice in Skype that it would automatically update to my default status "In Office" when at my work location or to "Working from Home" when at my home location. I switch back and forth between the two locations every day so now have to type in a new status/location every morning when I log in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Stop toast notifications, but keep flashing icon in taskbar for notification.

TEAMS should provide option in settings to disable the toast notifications, but keep the flashing icon in taskbar active. It's very annoying to have a notification pop up in bottom right corner of screen for every single message. Yet still useful to be notified by the flashing icon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. List all channels, but let members join

Currently, when a new channel is created, everyone on the team is added to it (correct??).

Instead, let the person who makes the channel add people AND let members join the channels.

Right now if I make a channel that some people are not interested in being in, they will get notifications for it until they hide it.

This is how slack is set up, still allows for public channels and open access to them, but limits unwanted notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Welcome to the group VS Welcome to the Team

When a Team is created in the Teams Admin Center and users are added to that Team, they get an email notification announcing their "Welcome to the xyz group" with information on how to particiapte: email the group, go to SharePoint, Go to shared notebook, etc. Not once does it mention going to the actual Team.

On the other hand, when adding a Team and members to that Team inside of Teams itself, the welcome is much more correct, where it sends "xyz has added you to abc! Open Microsoft Teams". This makes much more sense--go to Teams after adding…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Not good as whats app

Its Not good as whats app, as much you like your team to use this app but they still have to use the whats app.
    Notification is not as good as other messages app. Most of the time dont even get to know anyone sent u message unless open the app and check.
    Team calling is no good at all never rings on phone I'm using note 10+

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can introduce a feature to diffrentiate the conversations read by recipients

Can introduce a feature to diffrentiate the conversations read by recipients, delivered to recipients (as in WhatsApp)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Presenter/Meeting Privacy mode

I'm leaving this under Notifications, but this is what I would like:

If you are in a meeting or presenting, there should be a setting that will hide anything sensitive from popping up or being shown. This includes:

- chat/message notifications
    - chat history
    - calendar

The scenario is you're running a meeting in a room with several others. You fire up Teams to start or join a meeting. Hide anything that you might not want others to see.

I would set it up so Teams would ask if you want to be in privacy mode on launch. A one-click…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Set the Notifications on both Mobile and Computer when launching Teams simultaneously.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名): Microsoft Teams での通知を PC クライアントおよびモバイル クライアントにて優先通知先を選択したい。

Set the Notifications on both Mobile and Computer when launching Teams simultaneously.
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams を PC クライアントおよびモバイル クライアントにて同時に起動した際、優先的に PC クライアント側に通知が来るため、モバイル クライアント側を優先にする設定や双方に通知を行う設定を追加してほしい。

We acknowledge that Notification will be receiving to Clients app only when Teams are launched simultaneously on a Computer and a Mobile Client.

For increased availability, it is useful if we can to set up notifications on your Mobile Client preferentially depending on the user's situation. Besides, adding the ability to see notifications on both would be great. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Chat Message Notification Disable Preview

It would be nice if you could set the notifications to not show a preview, especially when presenting, and not have them stack up the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need notification that stays on screen until acknowledged by user.

I would like the option for the Teams screen to maximize or a popup come up whenever a message is received, and stay there until I actually acknowledge it's receipt. Many times, messages are received, and unless you are viewing the screen at all times, the message indication has gone away, and you don't know you received one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a "Mark as Read" button to the pop up Banner

In the current Pop-up Banner, add a button to mark it as read, like in Outlook. This is especially useful for short notes, like OK or Thanks, or for the like you get on a chat. I just don't think I need to go into the app to clear my notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need Notification Policy Enforcement in MS Teams

My organization requires mandatory participation in a few specific channels. While we have a policy and process for people to enable their notifications, Notifications in Teams are not intuitive and can easily be misconfigured such that the business needs are not supported. We need to be able to Enforce a Notifications Policy by having a Standard Notification Policy configuration that can be applied to Team Members.

The Notification Policy should provide flexible standardization of the notification profile for users and then should have automation to enforce, either by disabling users from configuring their notifications in those channels or by monitoring…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When using Teams on my Smartphone, there should be option to set to ring or beep and / or vibrate when new message or call is received

Notification of calls / messages received on Teams should activate ring / beep / vibration on the phone as well as a small 'ding' sound on the Laptop. Helps to draw attention when busy away from the computer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Do not require use of Google Services for notifications

Do not force users to have to use Google Services for notifications. There are many reasons to choose not to have these services loaded and it is quite surprising to see Microsoft require Google for it to function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base