Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Posting Comments

I would like to make comments to students prior to grading the assignment or when an assignment is missing and have them notified. However, now the Post button is not available for this feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please, fix notifications as soon as possible

Notifications dont't work reliably even we have downloaded latest application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. invitation email not sent

Sharing files with external users existing on the company directory (Guest Users) or with internal users doesn't produce any email that notifies the target user about the content being shared (despite the message "Link to <file> sent" that popups in the UI)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please stop sending such bad notifications on the MAC, please us the regular notification format that can quickly be swiped away to ignore.

The current notification interface is awful, please fix it. Reasons like this are why I prefer Slack and Flowdock over Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integration with OUTLOOK

by allowing to create task that are send by email and incorporated into tasks of outlook wuth its deadline

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need more VISIBILITY and heightened NOTIFICATION

Instead of giving the chat tabs a bold font as notification, it would be much better to give it a bright highlighted tab such as light green. Plus channels that are under the "x more channels" tab are always hidden and not visible even when there are notifications waiting. During deployments, my team needs to be a part of many different rooms and it's extremely hard to keep up when the notifications are barely present. We can't control their rooms but it would be amazing to be able to control the notifications. There should be a highlight color option along…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Always send out email notification regardless of client status.

Currently, e-mail notification is sent out by the client status, such as sign-in and presence. However, user confused by this behavior especially in the situation of using multiple devices. Some users request the new notification mode to always send by e-mail.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New chats are not easily visible and new alert is not shown in win 10

Once you log in teams the new chats should be very visible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Turn Teams in auto-sleep at night

Hi, my colleagues work around the clock/earth and are very active on teams - great! However, I need to sleep at night and the constant beeping and ringing of my devices drives me nuts. Of course, i can set Teams to 'offline' or shut it down, but it would be so much nicer if I could -like in outlook- turn of synchronization/notification automatically between 5pm and 8am, for every day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notification via Flow is silent

I have created a Flow that notifies the team when a Form response is recieved. However, the notification is silent so to speak, since it does not turn the channel label bold or is shown as new activity

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to have a notification setting that could let me only receive reminder,but don't show the specific message content

I want to have a notification setting that could let me only receive reminder,but don't show the specific message content

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need ability to mass mark as read notifications. Need ability to only see @ mention directly to your user.

On android app. Need ability to mark all notifications at once then set to read. Also set so you get notified only for select mentions like your user name or a special group or room you are part of. Right now I am turning off almost all notifications because it is mostly noise and cant filter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. notifications for all messages

Friends,

I would like to suggest a feature to allow a user to receive notifications for everything and not only when he/she gets mentioned on a channel.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Integrated Notifications System

Something that would really separate Microsoft Teams from the competition would be integrated notifications. If there was an sdk/similar for Teams integrations (tabs & bots) to post to the desktop notifications and show a notification badge on pinned tabs, it would make Teams much more powerful.

One of the current issues I have with Teams is keeping track of everything I need to work on. For example, my Team uses Trello and we have been taking advantage of being able to pin boards to a chat. The problem is, I have notifications in Trello (which are not available in the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We would like to know people who read mesange like facebook messenger doing.

We would like to know people who read mesange like facebook messenger doing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Replicate Alerts from Skype

I'm switching from skype to Teams and I noticed that things get lost a lot easier in Teams. It would be great if badge notifications (including the bouncing icon on my dock) and banner notifications were available for chats and teams with an audio prompt as well. Maybe the ability to select what channels you would like notifications on could be useful as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Get rid of Activity Bell and allow New Messages at bottom to work without the annoying number list of "unread" posts.

Get rid of Activity Bell and allow New Messages at bottom to work without the annoying number list of "unread" posts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base