Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. feedback

In general I miss information about when comments from Microsoft is added to issues. It doesn't really help that an issue has 'WORKING ON IT" when there is no information about when this comment was made. In other words you haven't got a clue if the issue is worked on for several years. Nor is there any indication when a solution will be available. And, unfortunately, it seems that the Microsoft Teams Engineers isn't updating the given feedback very often (if at all).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Point on something (e.g. files, chats, etc.)

If you wamt to show a file or chat or anything in TEAMS, a feature that I can use to draw someone's attention in TEAMS would be great. The person should get a short message with a link. It should be like "pointing to something".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Better Notifications

There needs to be an optional flashing color notification on the taskbar so we don't miss a message. Sometimes things are time sensitive therefore we need better notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow a user to choose if new notification types are enabled/disabled

It's nice to see new features and that notifications are being improved, but again having to go into the settings dialogue to disable suggestions and trending topics is just extra work.

I would prefer a user to be able to set in their settings if they want new notification types enabled/disabled by default. Resulting in the user to make the choice if they want new notifications enabled by default or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove private chat reactions from the activity feed

The activity feed does not show private chat messages but it does show private chat reactions. This is very confusing. Either the activity feed should show both private messages and private reactions or neither.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reminder/Snoozes for Saved Items

When you saved an item be able to set day/week/month reminders and snooze abilities for follow up on saved items without having to create a planner under each team/channel you are under... from your profile instead or maybe even an overall planner from your profile that can have sections of teams and channels

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Time-based "Notify when available"

When we select this option we normally do because someone is offline and so we need to talk to them but once they're online and we contacted them we don't need that notification. I suggest to have another option so that we can select from available options: [Expires after 5 min, Expires after 1 hour, Expires after 5 hours, Expires after 1 day]

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better Message Notification

We we're using Skype and when a message was sent, it would pop up on the screen. This doesn't do that and we can't tell when we have messages. It's annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Different notifications for Chats vs Channels

A more 'urgent' notification is required to differentiate when receiving a 'chat' message (as this may require a high priority or speedier response) v's a post onto a channel.

A notification for a post to a channel is good however, channels can be referred to in a less urgent, more in your own time way. A chat notification may require a more speedy / urgent response.

Not wanting to switch notifications 'off' for channels in favour of keeping the 'banner' notification for chats, however the number of notifications do blend into one leading to missed 'more urgent' chats. Working in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mark Unread battle I have with the Activity feed

When I click on the Activity feed the top item instantly marks read
    - but I may not want that to happen, as I may be going into the Activity feed to look for something else
    - I'm constantly doing marking it unread like I'm having a battle with the software which keeps marking it read...arrrrgh

Another thing - Just say I mark a post unread. Then later on I'm scrolling through a channel (and the post I earlier marked as unread so happens to live in this channel), and I scroll by it as I look for something else.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The ability to see if another colleague has viewed your comment

Other platforms let you know when the comment has been seen eg WhatsApp, Facebook messenger.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Suggested users in Chat

I need a public-facing information that is describing how the Suggested users are selected in Chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Wish I had one ... only comments

I love Planner but the boss just had us stop using the channel email link. He says “... please refrain from posting emails to any of the teams pages. If you want to share information, please share in a post format only. This is becoming redundant and defeating the whole purpose of using team conversations instead of emails. Thank you and I appreciate your understanding.  “
    Comments in Conversation, comments to a Planner task,... all of it ends up in Outlook...as another Inbox to check. Then there’s the Activity feed!!!
    Maybe it’s the Teams desktop app I don’t like. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. output a list of people who "Like" to chat

I want to output a list of people who have responded to chat.
    If I get a lot of "Like" action from team member to my post, it's difficult to grasp them now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better notification system

It needs to give more efficient notifications. Sometimes it takes me days before knowing I got a text I team. It needs actual push notifications and not just email notifications

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop resending a notification to the user after editing @mentions message

When I edit the existing @mentions message, another notification will be sent to the user again. It would be great to have a feature to stop resending the notification sent to the same user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need information of the Activity feature in Teams

I would like you to let us know how the Activity feature works in public facing document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There is a notification bug where you keep giving me a notification for a “high performing post” in channels I’m not following (all channels

There is a notification bug where you keep giving me a notification for a “high performing post” in channels I’m not following (and channels I am following, but I expect this - I do not expect to get ANY notifications for channels I am not following). There is no option to turn this annoying feature off. Screenshot attached of the kind of notification I’m talking about. Fix this ASAP.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Android notifications work better

Many notifications don't come through.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Turning Off Notifications when notified

When I turn on notifications for a user, allow the ability to turn that notification off during the notification prompt letting me know they are available. Currently I have to back into contacts to do that. Please allow that ability during the notification. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.