Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make a notification that doesn't require sound

I work with a lot of people that are always on the phone. We can't have our sound notifications on. I need a blinking light or some sort of pop up that let's me know I have a new message. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there a way to send a message to everyone in a specific team on a specific channel without tagging every single person in the message?

Is there a way to send a message to everyone in a specific team on a specific channel without tagging every single person in the message?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. how to switch off notifications in a particular chat?

how to switch off notifications in a particular chat?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. need to improve notification when message comes, hard to identify sometimes when we are deep in work, that results late replay

need to improve notification when message comes, hard to identify sometimes when we are in deep work, that results late replay.
    my idea is like you could add MS Team notifications to visual studio, that results ask things to work easy is the one way of enterprsing the application.
    and add a notification flag to right side corner like the star now added to this site as a number of notifications with glowing, that will be draggable to any place on the desktop itself
    please see the attached file star

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Light notifier desktop application, like Yammer Notifier.

As the browser version is sufficient enough for me and my colleagues, we only need at desktop notification application which links to the browser version of Microsoft Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. vote for ideas without receiving email updates

Not a complaint about Teams itself, but this feedback site. I'm happy to vote up existing ideas (and register to the site as I have done), but not a fan of being automatically subscribed to email notifications about it afterwards forevermore. Let us just vote please with no email subscription.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. List all channels, but let members join

Currently, when a new channel is created, everyone on the team is added to it (correct??).

Instead, let the person who makes the channel add people AND let members join the channels.

Right now if I make a channel that some people are not interested in being in, they will get notifications for it until they hide it.

This is how slack is set up, still allows for public channels and open access to them, but limits unwanted notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Chat Message Notification without the Banner

When in a chat discussion, if a message is received the "microsoft teams" tab in my task bar lights up in addition to me getting the banner message to the side of my screen. However, if I go to settings and notifications and turn off the banner for chat (because I dont like that popping up) my "microsoft teams" tab on my task bar no longer lights up or glows orange indicating I have a new message. This is frustrating because due to privacy reasons, I do not want the banner popping up with every message but I do like…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Welcome to the group VS Welcome to the Team

When a Team is created in the Teams Admin Center and users are added to that Team, they get an email notification announcing their "Welcome to the xyz group" with information on how to particiapte: email the group, go to SharePoint, Go to shared notebook, etc. Not once does it mention going to the actual Team.

On the other hand, when adding a Team and members to that Team inside of Teams itself, the welcome is much more correct, where it sends "xyz has added you to abc! Open Microsoft Teams". This makes much more sense--go to Teams after adding…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can introduce a feature to diffrentiate the conversations read by recipients

Can introduce a feature to diffrentiate the conversations read by recipients, delivered to recipients (as in WhatsApp)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Presenter/Meeting Privacy mode

I'm leaving this under Notifications, but this is what I would like:

If you are in a meeting or presenting, there should be a setting that will hide anything sensitive from popping up or being shown. This includes:

- chat/message notifications
    - chat history
    - calendar

The scenario is you're running a meeting in a room with several others. You fire up Teams to start or join a meeting. Hide anything that you might not want others to see.

I would set it up so Teams would ask if you want to be in privacy mode on launch. A one-click…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Switching organizations

When switching organizations, [Register Teams as the chat app for Office] is automatically turned on.
    I want to keep it off, so I should change the behavior

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set the Notifications on both Mobile and Computer when launching Teams simultaneously.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名): Microsoft Teams での通知を PC クライアントおよびモバイル クライアントにて優先通知先を選択したい。

Set the Notifications on both Mobile and Computer when launching Teams simultaneously.
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams を PC クライアントおよびモバイル クライアントにて同時に起動した際、優先的に PC クライアント側に通知が来るため、モバイル クライアント側を優先にする設定や双方に通知を行う設定を追加してほしい。

We acknowledge that Notification will be receiving to Clients app only when Teams are launched simultaneously on a Computer and a Mobile Client.

For increased availability, it is useful if we can to set up notifications on your Mobile Client preferentially depending on the user's situation. Besides, adding the ability to see notifications on both would be great. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat Message Notification Disable Preview

It would be nice if you could set the notifications to not show a preview, especially when presenting, and not have them stack up the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need notification that stays on screen until acknowledged by user.

I would like the option for the Teams screen to maximize or a popup come up whenever a message is received, and stay there until I actually acknowledge it's receipt. Many times, messages are received, and unless you are viewing the screen at all times, the message indication has gone away, and you don't know you received one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a "Mark as Read" button to the pop up Banner

In the current Pop-up Banner, add a button to mark it as read, like in Outlook. This is especially useful for short notes, like OK or Thanks, or for the like you get on a chat. I just don't think I need to go into the app to clear my notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. remove urgent notification feature

The new "Urgent" delivery option is a horrible feature, and is only good for annoying the recipient. Please remove it or give us the ability to turn it off. Or at least give the recipient a way to ignore it or mark it not urgent. Similar to outlook emails, just because the sender marked an email as "high priority" doesn't mean it's high priority for the recipient, and they can edit the email properties to remove the priority flag.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.