Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. channel notifications

when adding a task into planner, have the email notification tell you what channel it has been assigned to, instead of trying to find it and the email telling you simply that a task has been assigned.

i want to know where its assigned what channel its in and what the task contains

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. tie teams into outlok calender , and block notifiactions when presenting

similar functionality like jabber. if I'm in a meeting or presenting block notifications from popping up or show others that I am presenting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide option to suppress "Joined the Team" and "Left the Team" messages in Org-Wide team

Please provide an option for administrators to suppress the "Joined the Team" and "Left the Team" messages that are automatically added into the conversations stream. This would be a nice feature in any Team, but is really important for the Org-Wide team.

Because of the nature of our business model, we have a high turnover / churn of employees -- so every day there are multiple messages about who joined the team and who left the team. This noise causes the actual content in the General channel of our org-wide team to be pushed off the page. We try to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show the notification badges in the system tray

I would like to see a notification badge in the system tray when I have some unread conversations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom Sounds per Channel Notification

Each channel notification setting should also be able to add a sound and each should be optional as "per reply" and "per new chat" so this can be really really beneficial. Would allow people that need to monitor multiple chats to know where the activity is without seeing them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to block pop-ups for incoming messages.

Option to block pop-ups for incoming messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Additional notification settings.

Allow you to get chat notifications with upgraded settings. Right now you can only get all notifications or none. Should be more options such as receiving only notifications for new chats.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. person who creates a new team in Microsoft Teams has the ability to set up notification settings for the members of the team

From what one of my colleagues has read online, it seems that Microsoft itself has determined what default notification settings exist. I realize that each user can edit their own notification settings. However, the question was asked if the default notification settings can just be set up for everyone by the creator of the team rather than Microsoft itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How do you add sound to the alerts?

How do you add sound to the alerts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide alert settings to notify the start of team meetings

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チーム会議の開始を知らせる通知設定の機能実装希望

Provide alert settings to notify the start of team meetings
    ■Description(内容):
    チーム会議が開始した際に、チームメンバーに知らせる通知がなくわかりにくいので、希望に応じて着信などで知らせる設定ができるよう機能の実装を希望します。

We have no alert settings to notify members when a team meeting started, therefore, please add the alert feature to let members know that with incoming calls etc., as needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop showing the notifications for "Person xyzzy is not office" when one closes it - It is annoying

This notification comes from calendar and shows even if you click close - so stop that

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When an email about activity on Teams is sent, include a specific description of what happened, like Jira does

When I'm a watcher on a ticker in Jira and someone adds a new comment, I get an email telling me exactly what happened - what the comment was. I can then decide if I need to stop doing what I'm doing and switch my attention to Jira. However when I get an email from Teams its content is just "SOMETHING HAPPENED!" and it's not a value add. Often times people just post a "thumbs up" emoji or talk to each other about topics that don't immediately apply to me (but I'd still like to be informed).
    Please consider this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. feedback

In general I miss information about when comments from Microsoft is added to issues. It doesn't really help that an issue has 'WORKING ON IT" when there is no information about when this comment was made. In other words you haven't got a clue if the issue is worked on for several years. Nor is there any indication when a solution will be available. And, unfortunately, it seems that the Microsoft Teams Engineers isn't updating the given feedback very often (if at all).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Point on something (e.g. files, chats, etc.)

If you wamt to show a file or chat or anything in TEAMS, a feature that I can use to draw someone's attention in TEAMS would be great. The person should get a short message with a link. It should be like "pointing to something".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better Notifications

There needs to be an optional flashing color notification on the taskbar so we don't miss a message. Sometimes things are time sensitive therefore we need better notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove private chat reactions from the activity feed

The activity feed does not show private chat messages but it does show private chat reactions. This is very confusing. Either the activity feed should show both private messages and private reactions or neither.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reminder/Snoozes for Saved Items

When you saved an item be able to set day/week/month reminders and snooze abilities for follow up on saved items without having to create a planner under each team/channel you are under... from your profile instead or maybe even an overall planner from your profile that can have sections of teams and channels

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Time-based "Notify when available"

When we select this option we normally do because someone is offline and so we need to talk to them but once they're online and we contacted them we don't need that notification. I suggest to have another option so that we can select from available options: [Expires after 5 min, Expires after 1 hour, Expires after 5 hours, Expires after 1 day]

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better Message Notification

We we're using Skype and when a message was sent, it would pop up on the screen. This doesn't do that and we can't tell when we have messages. It's annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.