Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mail notification uses the first name of displayname (which might be the last name)

I would consider this more as a bug.
    Problem:
    In all email notifications it looks like it uses the first part of the displayname property (unitl the first space).

Assumption:
    AD Property Displayname uses Lastname Firstname
    Based on Screenshot this is HOBMAIER Dennis and Maierhofer Andreas.

Error:
    The Result will be:
    Hello LASTNAME

LASTNAME (of other participant) sent a chat message.
    See the attached screenshot.

Expectation:
    Change this to use AD first name attribute.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable or mute notifications when not attending a meeting

Ability to disable or mute notifications for a meeting you are not actively attending.
    Consider the scenario of being double booked or optional for a meeting and you don't join. There is no need for the Chat/IM popups and dings to occur, instead I should look at my activity feed and can then choose if I need to review or not.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync notification badge count across platforms

The unread notifications count needs to be synced across platforms. For example, right now if I read my Teams messages on my Mac, my iOS app will still have a red badge on the app icon indicating I have unread messages. This leads to be constantly opening my iOS app thinking I have missed something, only to see it's messages from hours earlier that I already read on another device.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Inactive desktop notification period is too short

I don't want mobile notifications after being inactive for only three minutes on the desktop.

The period should be configurable or at least 10 or 15 minutes

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mark all Channels as Read

It would be great if we can please have the ability to mark all Channels in a Team as read.

At present, if you go to a Team, and you have 30, 40 or more than 50 channels, you will see that all the channels are bolded. This indicates you have not read the content.

So at the Team level, and even the Channel level, it would be great if you can right-click, and select “Mark all as Read”

This would be especially helpful when you are added to a Team that has many Channels. When I am added to…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want a separate option for sound notifications for calls and messages

I want a separate option for sound notifications for calls and messages. The current "Notification sound" includes "Call, mention, chat" as one option.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notification Banner Only on First Message

Rather than having a notification banner pop up for EVERY message, make it an option that you only get the banner for the first message you receive in a series.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Phone ring

Please add the device choice for incoming call ringing,
    as it was possible in skype business.

Computer loudspeaker ring, and not that the ringtone arrives in the headphones.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. sound notification

There is no sound notification when a message is sent inside a Team, like there is when you message a Group from Chat. The Banner and small red notification on the TaskBar is not enough to alert Team members they have a message.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make notifications come in batches so I don't get a new notification ever few seconds when a live chat is happening

Make an option for notifications to come in batches so I don't get a new notification ever few seconds when a live chat is happening. For instance, have all notifications consolidate into one pop up every 5 minutes.

It's annoying to see constant notifications and I'm trying to get something else done. I don't want to have to change the setting to not display notifications because I'll likely forget to switch it back and could miss something important.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notifications across multiple teams

I have an internal teams account and have have access to multiple external teams (as a guest and invited by my clients).

When I am active in one of the teams I do not receive notifications in the of what is happening in the other Teams - unless I set all notifications to email, which is not what I want!

It would be useful to at least have an indicator to tell me that there is a notification waiting in the accounts a) at the top right next to the team selector and also when I click the drop down,…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams Voice Mail Email Notifications Feature Request

When calling a user in Teams and leaving a voice mail, an email notification is sent to the user called. Have a few features to add to the notification email.

1. Currently the email has no company branding on it other than information about the user. I would be nice to add ability to insert company logo to provide some legitimacy to the email. The use of terms like "voicemail" and "VM" is commonly used in phishing emails. Employees are more likely to adopt something if it's branded properly.

2. There is no indication anywhere in the existing Voice Mail emails that…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. secondary ringer for messages, not just calls

Teams needs a secondary ringer for chats and channel posts too, not just calls. In this age of video conferencing most of us have a headset permanently connected to our PC. I find that people are missing chats and channel posts way more often than with Skype because the alert only plays into the headset, not the PC speaker and the toast pop is too brief to get noticed.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Deleted conversation entries are still shown under Activity

My college replied to a team conversation which mentioned me in the text and deleted the reply again shortly after.

When I opened MS teams later I got a notification under Activity. Clicking this activity opened the according conversation but of course marked nothing.

--> Very confusing, as I had to talk to my college to figure out, that she deleted the reply and the Activity notification is just not deleted accordingly.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better activity notifications when connected to multiple organizations

When using Teams with multiple organizations, there is no clear notification of new content being posted to organizations outside the current organization. I have to remember to periodically check the other organizations for new content manually.

This is slowing adoption of Teams with Guest users because Guests aren't made aware of the new content, and people fall back to email.

In Slack, all slacks/organizations are listed and a dot appears next to any slack that has new content. Some sort of notification system that shows new content across all joined organizations would be helpful. Even better would be a setting…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notifications within Teams

I'd like to see a notification bubble for new posts (of any type) in the Teams I'm in (yes, I'm already following) just as I can see for chats. It's an extra step for me to have to click through the teams to see if there's new activities. I'd like to be notified as soon as activities happen.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Block notifications on mobile when status is Do Not Disturb

When status is DND, notifications still come through on mobile (iOS version 1.077.2017072604). Very disturbing when on a phone call.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assignment Notifications

Send notifications when something is turned in to an assignment. Allow sorting of assignments by last name as well as turned in or not. Also do not allow students to submit nothing. We have many blank assignments.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement a Meet Now notification

It would be very convenient if attendees can see a Meet Now notification in the task bar when they are invited in the Meet Now meeting. Currently, we have to request them to join the meeting before starting, and it’s inconvenient.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Stream videos hyperlink

Now Teams support Stream as a tab., thanks.
    Next step is to be able to create a hyperlink for each added video in Teams to be able to create a conversation/notification about each newly added video.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base