Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. @mention Post From Flow Does Not Work

When using Flow to post a message to a Team channel, the @mention does not trigger a notification. The text of the message is simply the "@mention" that was typed. Please enable a text recognition of @mention to enable the notification as though it were being typed directly in Teams.

267 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 239 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we get an option to change the ringtone

Since everyone use the same ringtone, you sometimes do not know that your phone is the one ringing

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. sound notification

The sound you updated to during the week of March 6 is HORRIBLE. Please give us an option to change sounds for chat notifications the same way we can change sounds for the phone calls

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. keywords Monitoring

Would be great if admin could monitor keywords similar to yammer. entering key works that if typed would notify admin.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scheduled Do Not Disturb, like Slack

Do Not Disturb should block all notifications and I'd love to be able to schedule DND, like on Slack

191 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add whole mention text to email notification

I receive notification emails for personal and team mentions. Some are important but many are not. However the email doesn't have enough of the message to tell, so I have to log in to teams and open my activity just to see that someone posted a picture.

Please include the whole conversation message in the email notification.

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notification at file upload on team

Notification should be come in conversation tab when any body upload a file on team. Other wise other team members don't get the update about that file.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Important Message Notification

Currently, there does not seem to be any notification on any platform when a message in a Team/Channel is marked Important. Please put an option to be notified for important messages, even if you aren't actually mentioned in the post.

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I hope to have a decision soon to share with you.

-Warren

10. Missed calls in Microsoft Teams should trigger email to Outlook

I have checked with Microsoft Premier Support and they have confirmed that users will only get notification for missed calls in the Teams app. Email notification is only for the missed messages in Teams, and this is the expected behavior.

But I found it strange why only calls are being excluded from email notification? Isn’t calls more important than message as people can always send email as alternative to chat?

Furthermore, Team’s setting is called “Missed activity emails”, which the missed calls fall under, this is very confusing to users.

Please include missed calls in email notification!

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG: TEAMS does not respect focus assist settings

Focus assistant was turned on but notifications from teams (collegea chatting with me) were displayed as pop-up in the right bottom corner

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Banner notification on second monitor

I, and many of my colleagues, do many presentations using screen sharing to potential customers. I share my primary monitor to the customer, but the second monitor is offstage. It would be most helpful to have a setting of where the banner notifications appear (on which screen/monitor). I like getting the notifications, but I need them to show up "offstage" instead of on my primary monitor.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mark message as read directly from notifications.

We send/receive a lot of short messages that can be read in their entirety from their notifications. Since there's no way to mark a message as read directly from the notification, we basically have to dismiss the message "twice": clear the notification itself and then click into the desktop app to clear the red unread badges. It would be great time/click saver if there were a way to mark a message as being read directly from the notification itself.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams does not respect "Do Not Disturb" on MacOS.

When I set my Mac to "DO NOT DISTURB" Teams still pops up notifications. This is really annoying when I'm sharing my screen in a meeting.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Channel notification settings: ability to change default via admin center

Please add via Teams admin to change the default Channel Notifications for "All New Posts" to Banner and Feed" vs default to "off."
    This is very important vs relying on team members to change this setting themselves per channel.

Let them change it if they don't want to receive notifications for certain channels. If you have over 30 channels and like 10 different teams, going through them all to change this settings is terrible especially if you NEED the notifications for the majority of them.

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow us to turn of flashing taskbar notifications

Flashing taskbar notifications are a bit annoying, and it would be nice to have the option to turn off that flashing (while keeping popup notifications enabled).

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed

It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. notification reminders

Being able to set reminders for messages received, whether it be a group chat or private. As simple as hovering over the message and maybe clicking a drop down box (where other options such as edit, save, or delete message would be) then clicking "set reminder" and then just set a desired time.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notification Sounds

Please add different notification sounds, and a way to change those. Skype was wonderful with this. Please add a similar feature back to Teams.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for Secure Notification Banners without Text

Please allow for Banner notifications to have a function where the banner only shows who the message is coming from and not display text. This is a more secure/private notification function that is easier to recognize than a the desktop icon that blinks.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base