Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mute channel timer

Great work on the new mute channel/chat feature. However, I think this would be vastly improved by adding a timer funtion (like facebook messenger). This would allow you to permanently mute a channel/chat or mute it for a set period (30 mins, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1day, 1 week for example).
    This means that when you are concentrating on work and don't want notifications popping up every second for stuff that is currently irrelevant, but don't want to miss future team chats it gives that ability. I hope that explanation makes some sense.

181 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Route chat banner notification to pop-out chat window

When a user clicks on the chat banner notification, the chat automatically opens in the main Teams app - even if the user already has that chat open as a pop-out. This is disruptive to work that may be actively ongoing in Teams and defeats the purpose of having a pop-out chat window. When a pop-out chat is open and the user clicks a chat banner notification occurs related to that chat, the user should be routed to the pop-out window, NOT the main Teams app

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Silence notifications for selected team

I am a member of several teams but I only want notifications for my main/home team. Should be able to silence notifications on a per team basis. Per channel for that matter. Do it like Facebook. On any notification you receive, long press and choose "stop receiving notifications for this team/channel/conversation/person"... etc.

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed

It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  24 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow notifications to be disabled for Thumbs-up reactions

It's annoying to have Teams flashing away telling you there's something new to look at when it's just someone clicking Thumbs-up on a comment. There should be an option to disable those notifications while leaving notifications for actual messages.

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. snooze notification

Allow a notification or multiple notifications to be snoozed x number of minutes. Sometimes it's not possible to reply to a message right away, so having the ability to snooze a notification for 10 minutes for example was a very useful feature of slack, so that I could snooze the notification and be reminded of it at a more opportune time. Giving a range of snooze times is also super handy for accomplishing this, as well as the ability to resnooze for subsequent periods. For example on slack you can snooze a notification for 20 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours,…

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pause Notifications Temporarily

When in meetings or other concentrated workflows, it is not easy to pause notifications for a brief period of time without going through the full notifications settings. Can you add a pause feature where you can select the amount of time to pause all notifications?

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Chat notifications in Chat, not Activity

When someone likes a message on Chat, the notification appears on Activity, so you have to click to a different screen to see it. Would like notifications about any activity in Chat show up in Chat

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. notification reminders

Being able to set reminders for messages received, whether it be a group chat or private. As simple as hovering over the message and maybe clicking a drop down box (where other options such as edit, save, or delete message would be) then clicking "set reminder" and then just set a desired time.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt)

I would strongly request you to publish the public-facing information about how to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt).

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Be Right Back button #BRB

Be Right Back button #BRB

To enable participants to move away from screen to briefly deal with other issues during a larger group meeting.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. VIP notifications

I have notifications on minimum to avoid too much distraction with my work. However, there are individuals that I need to respond fast and it would be great if we could define VIP people for which we could make different rules for notifications from the rest of the pack.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to use @mentions in emails to channel

I have searched and experimented, but I can find no way to use @mentions when you email a channel. I frequently forward received emails to a channel to bring up a subject in Teams and I would like to be able to use @mention in the email. As it is now, I have to go reply to my own email in the channel (which, I cannot edit to add the @mention, BTW) and say something like "@team Wanted to notify you about..."

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Taskbar Icon with Notification

On the far bottom right small icons, can we get a little red flag or something when there are unread messages. Like in Slack.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically update status/location (ie working from home/in office) based off location

It was nice in Skype that it would automatically update to my default status "In Office" when at my work location or to "Working from Home" when at my home location. I switch back and forth between the two locations every day so now have to type in a new status/location every morning when I log in.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to @tag all members of a team/channel in a message/post.

Ability to use @everyone or @channel tags to mention everyone on the team or channel in my post.This way, I can ensure that everyone on the team, or specific channel are notified about my message/post (Specifically useful when members have their notification settings are set to "Send me notifications for: Mentions only".).

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Just type “@general” in any channel in the team, and it will notify and alert everyone in that team of the message.

17. notifications

I am unable to get any pop-up notifications on my phone from the Teams app. I have checked the following settings: On the app:
    Menu/Settings/Notifications:

Send Notifications - "Always, even if active on desktop"

Push Notifications - All selected

Sound - set on with vibrate

On the phone:

Settings/Notifications:

Teams set to notify

Advanced:

Allow Notifications selected

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notifications

I would like a setting to turn notifications on or off based on a timer so that notifications only pop up during set work hours.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for sound notification option/customization

When Banners for Microsoft Teams is turned off, a sound notification is no longer present, as it when a new message was received in Chat when Banners was turned on. The Banner itself is too invasive for all the chat messages that I receive, since it blocks me from seeing/using my screen. In fact the blinky to taskbar and sound would be fine, but not a pop up in the notifications area. Sound notification options would still be nice to have irregardless, in Chats and individual Channels. The customization options that were once available in the product were proven to…

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show who answers a call

We have a main line and 3 people that it rings to. In Skype the call box showed "answered by (username)" before it closed. Would be nice to see if the call was answered instead of assuming the caller hung up

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base