Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. more channels bold

If there are more than 5 channels then the 6th and additional channels are listed via the cascaded list which appears when one clicks on the "X more channels" link.

If any of the 6th or remaining channel has new content, it will appear in bold within the cascaded list.

However, one will not know about this bold text indication until one clicks on the "X more channels" link.

Suggestion: Please make the "X more channels" bold if any of the additional channel has new content.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. team groups can not receive new message notification like whatsapp

I can not receive new message notification from mobile application. I am expecting whatsapp notification experience.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add teams notification

MSTeams is a good system.
    I want to make use more comfortable.
    And I usually use conversation of 'Teams'.
    But the category of 'Teams' only offers when new message reply to my message.
    So I can't notice other persons discussions.

Please consider to adding a notification of 'Teams' when new message was sending.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Time stamp when each team member views a comment

We have moved over from WhatsApp and one of the features I used frequently was the information button that told me what time each member of my team viewed a message I posted.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change notification sound

I would like to be able to change the default notification sound for when I receive chats. While working from home during the Coronavirus pandemic, both my partner and I use Teams for work. It's confusing and distracting that we both have the same notification sound.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. warning "For a richer experience"

Warning Islands mode Skype for Business users get when pinging a Teams Only user is confusing and it makes them think that the Teams user didn't get their message.

Change warning received from:
    Error Received:"(user) is not using Skype for Business. For a richer experience, switch to Teams or start a Skype Meeting."

to something like :

“(user) received your message, but is now using Teams. For a richer experience, switch to Teams…”

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Which part of Alarms Only in Focus Assists doesn't Teams Understand?

No matter what I set Focus Assist to, Teams notification toasts pop up . It is extremely inconvenient to have to completely exit from Teams to stop these and further inconvenient to have to remember to re-launch Teams later.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable notifications when marked as DND

Don’t give me notifications if I’m marked as do not disturb on mobile. I set myself as that for a reason after all.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. show notifications from multiple accounts, just like Slack :P

If I'm setup on 2 different accounts then I need to toggle back and forth between the 2 (or more) to see notifications. Slack actually shows me notifications when something new happens on another account so I can easily switch and answer something in another account. Teams lets me toggle easily between accounts but I have no view into the accounts. A simple count of new notifications would suffice.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notifications for mentions

Give user the option to disable notifications for group mentions separate from team mentions.
    As it is right now, you have to accept either being spammed with every mention of every team you're in, or not get notified for posts mentioning you personally.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Kontrolle beim Chatt und Team

Es müsste beim Chat und in der Gruppe eine Möglichkeit geben um zu sehen wann welches Teammitglied die Info (Nachricht) gelesen hat. ZB.: sende ich eine Nachricht in die Gruppe und kann nachvollziehen zu welchem Tag und Uhrzeit welches Teammitglied diese Nachricht gelesen hat.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams Notification

If the "Teams" tab in Microsoft teams had an option to light up / blink when there are messages waiting in that tab that would be great.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show new notification on app icon.

It would be great to have red notification circle on the app icon on the dock (OSX), just like it does on iphone when you have a missed call or new text message, with the number of new notifications for this app.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Play/Display notification when someone enters a meeting

When someone enters a meeting, it would be nice to either have a pop-up or sound notification that someone has joined the meeting. You should be able to toggle this on/off so that large meetings can go undisturbed if needed.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to be able to change the Message Notification Sound

I find ever since the Teams notification sound to be really obnoxious. I feel we need to have the ability to change that sound completely without having to disable banner notifications.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Notification Sound alert to the Chat feature , to alert you when a chat is sent to you.

Add Notification Sound alert to the Chat feature , to alert you when a chat is sent to you.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow customization of Teams voicemail notification

Previously, voicemail notification customization was done via Exchange UM. Since this is being retired in favor of a cloud voice server. I would like to suggest implementing this feature ASAP so we can have customized signature/logos in voicemail notification emails.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mute notifications when on vacation

I’d like to mute all notifications while I’m on vacation as simply as stating I’m on vacation.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow custom alert tones and let us control the volume

I don’t understand why this feature isn’t available to allow people to choose their own notification tones and adjust the volume. We use Teams for our Corp collaboration tool and when people reach out via chat I never see or hear the notification

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make phone pickup icon green

Make the phone pickup icon green. Now the disconnect Icon is red and there is where the focus goes too. Most of the times I want to press the red button because that one is sticking out.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 86 87
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base