Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customise banner size and display time

Customise banner size and display time

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification on file activities

I would like to see notification settings on file activities. We are using "Alert me" feature within SharePoint Online lib/OneDrive lib and but would like to see this setting as part of Team's notification configuration.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. More robust Desktop Notification settings

For Desktop Notifications:

- Allow close Notification ("X" in the top right)

- Allow a notification setting for ONLY showing the "Sender" rather than the "Sender" AND the "Message Text". (similar to iOS message where you see a person texted you but you don't see the message until you unlock the phone and read it)

- Customize the automatic close timing (right now it defaults to 10-15 seconds for message notifications, would like to shorten to 3-5 seconds)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notification Setting - Disable Reply Notifications

It would be really nice to be able to disable all reply notifications. That way you could still FOLLOW a channel and get notifications for Only New conversations, and not all the replies. This would function a lot like Slack Threads, and help limit needless notifications. Like if someone says in the General Channel, "Is there anyone available to come help me in the loading dock" and 4 people reply, I'd like to get notified about the first message, not all the replies! Thanks

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dismissing a notification should not focus the main window

in Teams for Mac at least, clicking the close affordance on a notification will dismiss the notification, but it focuses the main window and brings it to the foreground, which defeats the purpose of dismissing the notification.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enhance e-mail notifications to be more descriptive and less spammy

Anytime we do an @mention everyone in our team gets an e-mail notification that is pretty much useless because it only says someone has mentioned you or that you've missed some messages on a channel, instead of actually providing a short blurb of each message or mention. People on our team feel they are getting spammed because the e-mails do not provide any value to them due to their lack of descriptiveness.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow meetings shown in Teams that come from Outlook to bring Outlook's categorization

Teams shows all the meetings that I have scheduled via Outlook, but it does not show the color-coded categorization that I have applied in Outlook's calendar. If this could come across into Teams, it would help me keep my different project meetings organized.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. follow notifications

When following a channel the notifications (icon in taskbar) for new threads is not working reliably. Please have a look at this as this makes the "follow channel" feature unuseable.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Small Icons Notifications

When using small icons for the Windows task bar, the red notification showing that there is content you want to be notified about does not appear.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow banner notifications on all messages, even when currently engaged in a chat

Have the ability to allow banner notifications on all messages, even when you are currently engaged in a chat. That way, if it's under another window, or you're looking at another screen, it will still notify you of a new message.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it possible to permanently hide the 'X is out of office and may not respond.' message.

It's fine to let me know the first time I log in, but once I've closed this the first time, I don't need to see it again.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove Incoming Webhook messages after certain time

We integrate our MS Teams with Gitlab to get merge requests notifications and comments. The Webhook ends up generating a lot of messages and it would be nice to set up some sort of retention policy on just the Webhook messages to be able to delete them after a few days so that they are no longer saved in history.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Email notifications

***PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS THE DEFAULT***
    I am getting HUNDREDS of email notifications, a new email from every single post by anyone in any of many, many channels. My phone stopped working because of THOUSANDS of emails. Please please please do not make the default setting to email user every time a message is posted. VERY DYSFUNCTIONAL. I cannot use one of my work email addresses until the IT team gets involved, and it is used for customer facing interactions. Thank you for fixing this.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Windows 10 notifications tray support for Banner notifications

When I receive a new message or something that would pop up a Banner notification in Teams, I should be able to choose to put those notifications in the Windows 10 notifications tray area or action center or whatever it's called today.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. show notifications from multiple accounts, just like Slack :P

If I'm setup on 2 different accounts then I need to toggle back and forth between the 2 (or more) to see notifications. Slack actually shows me notifications when something new happens on another account so I can easily switch and answer something in another account. Teams lets me toggle easily between accounts but I have no view into the accounts. A simple count of new notifications would suffice.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow customization of email template in Microsoft Teams for new Team members

Would like the ability to customize the default email template for email message that is generated when adding someone to Team.

Need ability to relay custom message in welcome email.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Just like in Yammer. Can you display information on how often a message has been seen?

Yammer just got an update. so you can see the amount of people that has seen a post. Often people login and don't reply or like a comment. It would be very usefull to at least know a message has been seen and you not posting for nothing.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notify Team Members

Notify all members of a team when new channels are created or threads are added to conversations. Having to @mention everyone on the team is a hassle.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add quiet mode for conversations in channels.

Add option to silence a conversation in a channel unless specifically referenced. Thinking in the "more options" on a message. Such as "Silence conversation"

Some chains I dont care about and dont want to teams to notify me on them, however I do need to watch the channel for other activity.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. select multiple filters in activity

The filter options under ACTIVY are helpful, but it would be MORE helpful to be able to select MULTIPLE filters and/or define our own filter criteria

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.