Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6,393 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  406 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with Windows 10 notification center

Use Windows 10 notification center for notifications

2,360 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use built in notifications for macOS

Notifications built into the OS (which all apps I've seen use other than Outlook and now Teams) are more functional and allow for more user control. Most importantly, they honor Do Not Disturb settings, which is critical.

2,251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

266 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notifications are easily missed

The channel/team on which the notification has been made should stay more/better/longer visible so that you won't miss one. Slack is currently much better in that sense.

1,664 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

181 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still being reviewed. The team is working hard to make numerous changes with regards to notifications, but they haven’t forgotten about this item.

I hope to have more details soon.
    -Warren

5. Sound is too low and other sound problems

VOLUME:

The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS:

Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.
    In addition – on commercial skype you could actually set sound notification channel or chat by channel or chat. Some things you want the bing – others it…

1,638 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

303 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review. I’ll keep following up with the feature team and sharing all your feedback.

-Warren

6. Separate speakers for Notification Audio vs Call Audio (Desktop)

When headphones are always plugged in, it is easy to miss a notification. An option to specify different speakers for Call Audio vs Notification Audio would be awesome. Similar to Skype.

1,586 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

311 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add team wide reminders

We have weekly bot reminders currently on Slack and that would be a big advantage to getting our whole team moved over.

For example:
    - Tuesdays at noon: Reminder - team meeting in 30 minutes
    - Last Friday of month: Finish submitting hours
    - etc....

1,157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is under review by the feature team. No new feedback at this time.
    -Warren

8. Mute a channel - (Mute Chat is complete)

I'd love to keep groups/channels in my list, but mute a channel so I don't get those. I get notified whenever some tags a channel eg @General, it's super distracting!

Also would like the possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received for a user that chooses to mute some group chat.

1,012 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Mute a channel is still being worked upon. The team is still hard at work on this item. No updates at this time.

-Warren

9. Make "Follow this channel" the default setting.

Usual Microsoft lack of UI intuition.
    Channels should be followed by default with the user unfollowing it if they wish.

961 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

152 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still being reviewed and pending a decision. No new details at this time.

-Warren

10. Persistent notification

I'm using Mac and one annoying thing is that I'm not getting notified of new messages in team channels (whether I'm mentioned or not) because I missed the banner in the top right of the screen, either from being away from my desk or focusing on my second screen. The red icon is added to the actual application icon in the dock menu when I get a direct chat but there should be something here to indicate that team chats have new messages

585 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under consideration by the feature team.

-Warren

11. Turn off message preview in notification toast

Currently, when I receive a message, a preview of this message is displayed in the notification toast. As we will be using Teams at work, it would be great for privacy if I had the option to turn off these previews, so the notification toast will just say "New Message from XY"

523 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include notifications based on keywords.

We need to get notifications based on keywords. For example: I am a subject matter expert for SAP and I like to know when SAP is typed into a channel so I can offer assistance.

436 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

Due to a priority shift we need to move this one onto the backlog again.

I’ll keep you posted once we can pick up the forward momentum again.

-Warren

13. Blink Icon for unread messages

Teams icon pinned in taskbar doesn't blink orange anymore when I receive new messages. I cannot find an option to turn this. Was this removed?

386 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  58 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Browser/OS independent desktop notifications using HTML5

Not sure about the desktop clients because there isn't one available for my operating system. However, the web app is essentially unfit for purpose because I can't tell when anyone is trying to contact me unless I sit there, constantly staring at the app.

353 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This is still being worked upon and making good progress! Stay tuned for additional updates.

-Warren

15. Multiple Notifications Bugs

Hello,

We have been testing Microsoft Teams for almost a week now, while we love the product; however, it is proving to be counter productive when it stops sending notifications, we are using alternative means to notify each other to check messages on MS Teams.

What we noticed for example is that if discussions continue in a thread for over a day, no new notifications whatsoever are being triggered. In some occasions, even though we have an ongoing discussion, notifications stop, but only work if you tag the other person, but again, this is not a new thread, so it…

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    thank you!  ·  Warren responded

I’m going to close this thread out with a Thank you!
    The requests in this topic and many in the comments already exist in other UV items. Here is a list of some of the big ones which can be up-voted and commented upon in their respective threads.

Allow different notification options on Teams and Channels – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16925461

Integrate with Windows notification center (native notifications) – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16950997

Use built in notifications for macOS (native notifications) – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16941685

Notifications are easily missed – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/18161440

Add Team wide reminders – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/17062255

Sound is too low and other sounds problems – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/18931243

Follow and unfollow conversation thread – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/18711997

Browser/OS independent desktop notifications using HTML5 – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/18671746

Please up-vote the appropriate topics you support.

-Warren

16. Change color of new message notification

The Teams notification button in the Taskbar turns red when a user is busy/in a meeting. It also turns red when you receive a message. The color shouldn’t show red for both as it's confusing. Please change the color for new messages. Pop-up notifications of receiving a message isn’t usable as I’m constantly conducting demos and showing my desktop. As a workaround for every meeting (several times a day), I have to manually set my status to “Available.” Otherwise I can’t tell when I receive a new message. Please change the color to show for new messages!

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Channel or Team Notifications

Teams does not provide any notification when someone posts to a Team channel. We have people not realising that someone's said something in a channel because people expect to have a notification that this happens. No one constantly checks Teams to see if there has been any activity.

Could there be a banner notification at least on a "per-Team" basis telling us someone has posted something to one of our channels?

At a minimum, some kind of generic notification that activity has occurred within any one of your Teams would be useful.

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notifications for teams

I'm not receiving any notifications from teams.
    Each time I select anything in notification settings the selected setting disappears...

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Please add to the comments if you are experiencing this. I would like to know the OS and device you are using as well.

I’ll bring this feedback to the feature team and help get this investigated.

-Warren

19. Out of office pop up showing up constantly for all users

Hi,

We at work are in a group chat and when someone is out of office, the little grey bar ontop of the chat box keeps showing up with the info that the person is out of office and may not respond.

You can close it but every time you re-open the chat tab it pops back up.

This happens for all users in chat (about 20 participants).

Can we disable this?

Thanks

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Visual notification in systray of unread message (for both Mac and PC)

When there is an unread message, it would be *very* helpful if the systray icon could have a visual indicator that something is unread.

190 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 60 61
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.