Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
    1. Number of users enabled
    2. Number of daily active unique users
    3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
    4. Number of teams created
    5. Number of teams deleted
    6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
    7. How many calls made in Teams
    8. Number of files shared in channels
    9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

990 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

98 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your support of the product. This request was particularly helpful and we appreciate your engagement in the surveys, comments and forum to help us design this feature. Please continue to submit ideas!

For this item, we’re making great progress. It has now entered TAP validation with a small group of tenants. Will let you know how that goes!

-Suphatra

• Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

471 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Let admins manage updates

For corporate use please let stop automatic updates and user side updates.
        Admins can deploy updates in a managable way

231 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Granular bot and tab controls based on Office 365 Groups classifications

Currently bots & tabs have one control - on or off. Many organizations must turn this option of due to data protection issues. Corporate data will be sent out of the Office 365 environment to unknown sources (bots and tabs).

What I would like to see is a granular control that allows you to enable bots & tabs for Teams that have specific Office 365 Groups classifications. For instance you might enable bots & tabs for "Public" or "Unrestricted" Teams but not for "internal" or "restricted" ones.

59 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
            Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
            -Warren

• Follow Skype for Business License for Chat in Teams

I work in the education sector and have over 1 million licenses we look after. 99% of these are not licensed to use skype for business because they do not want users to be chatting during lessons (K-12). This is for esafety reasons and prevent bullying when teh school dont have the time or resources to monitor this. For those that have, they can get a copy of the conversation history as it is stored in teh users mailboxes.

Teams does not follow any of this and some of my larger customers will not adopt Teams until the chat facility…

10 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base