Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MacOS shortcuts and keyboard interactions

Please make MacOS default interactions (keyboard shortcuts/nav, menus, prefs, notifications). Other Office 365 apps are more native than this.

--

Request that text navigation shortcuts follow the system standard:
    cmd+left arrow – jumps cursor to beginning of text
    cmd+right arrow – jumps cursor to end of text
    option + left arrow – jumps cursor left one word
    option + right arrow – jumps cursor right one word

---

One of the issues with this is that the native notifications from other apps cover up the Team ones when both are active. If it was a native app, these notifications would…

255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

The revamp of shortcut keys has released to the public ring! It took a while but we finally have it ready for you all to use.

Thank you all for the feedback. :)
    -Warren

2. macOS - Don't quit the app when I close the window

Mac apps, especially something like a chat client, should not QUIT when the user clicks the red X to close the window, as it does for Teams.

The red X should only close the WINDOW, but the app should remain running and logged in in the background.

Clicking the dock item should re-open the window instantly to where it was previously.

I find myself having to reopen Teams dozens of times a day, as well as missing important messages because I didn't realise the app had actually quit and not stayed running in the background.

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  swatijha responded

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your feedback. We have this fixed with release of GA.
    Hope you all have experienced the fix and app must be running in background even on closing the window.

Swati Jhawar
    Microsoft Teams

3. MAC app fails to update with standard account (needs admin creds)

On most Macs I’ve tried, the automatic update framework is pretty aggressive, and apparently cannot be unconfigured. However, it consistently fails to update the app when I’m logged in with a standard account. The app occasionally prompts for admin creds (I assume it’s making an update helper daemon), and I supply them, but the only Helper process Teams ever runs is owned by the standard account. I’m not sure exactly what to suggest here, because there are several opportunities for change, some of which might obviate usefulness of others. Ideas might be some user interaction to defer the forced relaunch…

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Wanted to let you know that a New Mac installer has released to the Public ring. It has a new auto-update mechanism and will no longer require an admin password for updating!

Thank you for your support and feedback!
    -Warren

4. Please add ability to open documents in Client Apps to Mac Teams app

The Open function for a document in the Teams Mac Client only allows it to open in Teams or open in Web App - there is no option to open in the Client App for office documents. We need the ability to open documents directly into the Client App from Teams - just as we can from Teams in the browser and on the PC Teams client. This is also discussed here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/MS-Teams-Mac-client-Open-in-Office-App/m-p/52067#M2817

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature request to open Office documents in the desktop app, as opposed to web or within Teams, is now available!

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions!
    -Warren

5. option arrow on OSX native keyboard shortcut overridden by teams

Please REMOVE the key binding for option+left/right arrow keys on OSX. The native shortcut moves the cursor word by word (same as ctrl+arrow on windows).... I promise no one wants to navigate to the next tab over with this key binding - please revert this change and don't override any native OSX keybindings.

And please implement the "up arrow" to edit last message. This is a time killer not having this feature.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  13 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Notification Badge to icon for Mac

Banners currently work but not getting a notification badge on the icon in the dock.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please allow me to close notifications on OSX.

Notifications banners often appear over an area where I was just about to click. The inability to close/swipe away the notification like on most other OSX apps makes for an unnecessarily frustrating experience.

This isn't made better by the fact that there's actually an "X" icon on the banner when I mouse-over, but clicking it just opens teams, the exact opposite of what I want it to do.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

This item is complete. You can now close OSX notifications; just mouse over the toast notification, then you will see the option.

Thank you all for the feedback!
    -Warren

8. macOS High Sierra support

I'm sure it's coming at some point, but the app will not launch in High Sierra. And of course the web version still isn't available in Safari. So I have to download a different browser to run Teams in for the time being.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

High Sierra is supported. Thank you all for the feedback!

-Warren

9. Hashtags disabled on Mac UK keyboard layout

It's currently not possible to type a hashtag on a UK mac keyboard layout - the command for this is Option + 3 (it shares a key with 3 and the £ sign on our layout), but in Teams this acts a shortcut to the "Teams" tab.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, this should have been fixed already, but let me know if it hasn’t. If it hasn’t, please email me at sparavi@microsoft.com and I will have someone help you!

Suphatra

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.