Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a progress bar to downloads

Please add a progress bar in the Downloads/Files section. There is no way for me to know how far a download is and as you can imagine, downloading big files doesn't add to the overall user experience. I'm really trying to like this app... But the limited features just doesn't compare to competitors like Slack who design for users, not business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mac: While Sharing Screen, allow interaction with Mac's Top Menu Bar

This is less on an idea and more of just an issue: I was sharing my entire screen yesterday, had unpinned Microsoft Team's screen shot menu, and wanted to access some menu items in another application. But every time I moved my cursor to the Apple Menu area, the menu for Teams appeared. I had to stop sharing in order to access the menu items for that application (then reshare again to continue demoing). Please allow me to interact with the normal Mac Menu Bar while sharing my screen with Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. respect mac window placement

Leave the Teams app in the window I place it, don't move around when I switch to different workspaces.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. CMD+Tab on macOS does not bring main window up

When switching between programs on the Mac the CMD+Tab keys will switch to the Teams Program - but the main window is often minimized. I either have to click the program on the Launcher or go via the Window menu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It's not ready for business use. Bug: changing status often doesn't work. Issue: you can't select text and paste elsewher, or easily extrac

often doesn't work. Issue: you often doesn't work. Issue: you often doesn't work. Issue: you often doesn't work. Issue: you often doesn't work. Issue: you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You need to natively support CMD key bindings on Mac. If you do not do this in your next release you really show how hard your app is

All good Mac apps use cmd bindings. Command plus k is a fast switching modal in slack that is the most used key binding.

When you are on a Mac the command key is finger friendly. Every time I get on a pc it is grueling not having good bindings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Command + H hides the window on a Mac and then if someone messages me, it pops up the entire window rather than just doing the banner..

I hit Command + H on a mac to hide the window, but if someone messages me, it pops the entire window up rather than just the banner in the corner. Is it possible to fix this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to se the email account I'am logged in with

I would like to se the email account I'am logged in with

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There seem to be some Mac compatibility issues, specifically with OneNote

It'd be great, as the Organizer/Leader/Creator of a team, to be able to set up my team's home page appropriately. I work on a Mac and cannot set up a OneNote tab.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add hyperlinks in Table of Contents in Word for Mac

Table of Contents in Word for Windows allows the user to navigate directly to the location of a given item. On Mac this is not possible, or not directly enabled.
    Please add this feature as it is really helpful and necessary, especially in larger files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Not working on slow internet connection

The Teams app and workflow is really great, but you constantly get slowed down or even knocked out when you're on a slow internet connection (even 450 Kbit/s is not enough).

Every couple of minutes, Teams shows "Please reconnect so we can keep your conversations going." even tough the connection is stable - but slow.
    After some time, it suggests to reload the app, which takes ages. So it's not usable at all, which is very sad, considering how great it is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't quit the Mac client when the user closes the Window

Every time the MacOS client window is closed, the app quits so Notifications are missed - I've never seen this problem in ANY native chat app.

This is a Major usability problem due to missed notifications and untimely responses - we now typically use SMS on our phones as Teams notification are so unreliable, but that's really painful.

This is one of the most basic, standard Mac OS behaviors from from almost the creation of MacOS.

On March 16, 2017 there is a post in UserVoice that claims this issue was resolved and the issue was marked closed.
    The post…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Outlook for Mac doesn't receive any Teams Channel meeting neither in email nor in the Outlook for Mac's Calendar. It works for Window though

Most of our organisation users are on MAC. We have started a global team collaboration project using Teams Channels. Scheduling meetings in the Channels for MAC users are not user friendly. None of my Channel members get any notifications for the Teams Channel Meeting, nothing pop up in their calendars. They have to firstly log in the Teams and find out that meeting then manually Add to Calendar to allow the meeting to be shown and reminded!

This is too manual and not user friendly at all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Planner for Teams permissions management

Hi, can you please advise? We are trying to use Microsoft Planner with Teams for Mac app, but there are no permissions restrictions in task management, so anyone from the team can have non-restricted access to assigned tasks, that is very frustrating and not safe for business and project management. When this feature will be implemented? Thx

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. outlook

The current Office Insider Update to Microsoft Office 365 rel.16.20 (181031) removed the ribbon bar option to use Teams when creating a meeting in Outlook. Now I have to create it within Teams. The last update added back in after the one prior removed it.

It seems like a see-saw effect.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. do not unmute my computer speakers

when joining a meeting, if my computer speakers are muted, please leave them muted, as that's the setting I have configured. Do not override my preferences.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. notifications do not display on mac when the app is on a different screen

Macs have the ability to display apps full screen and then switch between those different apps (usually using a 3-finger side-to-side swipe on the touchpad).
    If the Teams app is full screen but is not the app that is on the screen then the notifications don't show up. The only way somebody would know that there have been any notifications would be on the badge in the dock, however if you've got the dock hidden (which I do) one might go a long time without seeing the badge.

Please could you make notifications show up regardless of which full screen…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. large monitor

I'm lucky enough to have a large monitor at work (34inch). If I enlarge the window that teams is running on then it doesn't fill that space very well. The conversation appears in a thin column in the middle of the screen and there are big swathes of nothing off to the sides.

I'm using a Mac but I suspect the same is true on Windows.

For viewing code especially it would be really nice if the conversation filled the full width of the window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. This application needs to be able to work well when it's thin. In order to get a view of the conversations I need to glut allot of width.

This application needs to be able to work well when it's thin. In order to get a view of the conversations I need to glut allot of width.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base