Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When I open a file to edit outside of Teams, add a "close and return to channel" button on the "Resume editing here" dialog

When I launch an external edit of a file from a file I have open in teams, the teams window has a modal with "Resume editing here" as the only option. To get back to the chat/channel I came from, I have to resume editing and then close the file. I almost never want to resume editing inside of teams after launching externally - but I do almost always want to return to where I left off. Please add a "close and return to chat/channel" button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open Office file on third-party cloud storage with Office desktop app.

Add an option to open Office files on third-party cloud storage (Box, Dropbox, etc.) added to Teams in the Office desktop app on your device

Currently, it can only be opened in Office Online.

Very useful!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. One Team - Need the ability to assign team members to specifc files only

I need to use 1 TEAM for a big project - however I have micro teams within that team, by file. I do not want everyone on the team to have access to all files otherwise it will create the potential for account errors. I need to assign team members to specific files that are related to their specific accounts. This would positively impact a process we are piloting. Please help and thanks! Raquel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can you add the ability to upload and edit VB .net files.

I work with a team of developers and we have a shared network drive. We utilize Visual Studio 2012 Express. We are constantly over-writing each others' work. It'd be nice to use teams a sort of source countrol.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. improvement suggestion: the Get link should just either be replaced with or another option added to "Create link and put in clipboard"

improvement suggestion: the Get link should just either be replaced with or another option added to "Create link and put in clipboard"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sharing or Sending files

Teams can be modeled to follow Skype interface for sending or sharing files for ease of sharing documents.
    Meaning in Skype, we could directly copy / paste or drag or upload a file which then gets automatically uploaded into the receiver's chat. However, in Teams, we need to either drag / drop the selected file or upload it via "Attach pin" and then press "Enter".
    This can ease the way of sharing or sending documents via Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great if it was possible to view only images posted in the chat. To be able to view them like files for instance.

It would be great if it was possible to view only images posted in the chat. To be able to view them like files for instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Files-tab experience should show up file size

The new SharePoint-like experience of the Files tab is quite awesome but does not show up the file size as a default column. I think that this is really annoying not to know how much bandwidth consumption takes place - especially with mobile use cases.
    Please add the file size column as default column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Report about the amount of MS teams messages or activities and from who.

Report on the activity or number of MS teams messages one gets and send out. Also if you can filter the report to see who sends the messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve file management

The file management in Teams is almost unusable and is forcing our team to use other options for document management and collaboration. I can't "move" files anywhere because the folder structure doesn't appear to me nor can I search for somewhere to actually move them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tile View in the Files Window for Recent Documents

The New SharePoint Views is great. However The Recent Files View only has a List View. Would be great to have a tile/preview here similar to the Office 365 Launch Page for Recent files when clicking <Files> in the left hand Pane.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can't see who's using the file anymore nor edit the file at the same time.

Hi there,

I share excel files in MS Teams, and these files are updated everyday. That said, if someone has the "A" file open when I try to upload a new update, the "A" file won't update until the user closes the file. The thing is, when that happens, I used to open the "A" file using the "desktop app" option and was able to see who's using it real time, and just tell the person to close it for a moment while I upload the new update. Well... until last week I was able to see the persons using…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Folder Hierarchy moving docs

When moving files, docs between folder hierarchy for some reason the initial options are original folder or Channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Channel

For the emails sent to a channel, the folder in files should be named after the subject, instead of "email messages".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability so save documents, wiki and posts to the computer

It would be great if it's possible to download all content from a teams page i.e. posts, wiki and documents, to a folder on the computer for archiving purposes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to be notified when new files are uploaded

When part of a team, it would be really helpful to be able to set notification when files are uploaded so that if you are waiting for items to be shared, you do not have to keep checking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. export the contents list

export the contents list from any folder, sub-folders, document list etc. to a word document, email or destination of choice

This will allow a list of folders and the document/excel/pp names to be sent for briefing others instead of having to manually type out every one.
    (this is a carry over issue from the same inability to make a content list from a network drive)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to Sort or Search for Dropbox Folders when you Add Cloud Storage

When I try to add a specific folder in a Team Channel using the Files -> + Add Cloud Storage -> Dropbox, the folders are not listed in any usable order. They're also not sortable or searchable.

Adding a dropbox folder is very difficult and tedious.

It would be helpful if we could Sort the folders alphabetically or do a search.

Here is a link to the problem.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/difficult-to-add-a-dropbox-to-a-team-channel-files-not-sorted/m-p/1083760

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base