Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. remove "we are opening your document message"

When you open a document in Teams (files, right click, open in desktop app) a modal appears explaining that I can keep working in Teams whilst my document is opening.
    As a user I would like a checkbox in that model so that I can check a box.
    As a user I would like the checkbox to enable me to not see that message again in the future so that I don't have to keep clicking OK for it to go away.
    As a user I would like to right click, open file in desktop app and simply continue my…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If the author has set the file to Read-Only, "Edit" in Teams should open the File Read-Only

I have some Excel files, which are used to calculate something based on the content of one cell. To prevent the formulas to be changes I have set the file in Excel as "Read Only". If the file is stored in Teams, and I open them in the desktop app, I can change the cell which the input for my calculation, the sheet calculates, and I really have to consciently save the file. If I click on the "Edit" button to open the file in the Teams App, it will open the file in rw-mode - which will generate a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want to be able to export a SharePoint file to Excel from within Teams.

I have a database in SharePoint that can be accessed from within Teams but the option to export to Excel is removed when SharePoint is used in Teams Please consider adding this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. multi-select files from Files view to "share" via outlook

After working in Teams to create proposal documents, there was no easy way to multi-select the final set of proposal docs to "share" or send via outlook to an outside email recipient

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We would like to request for a feature to allow only DropBox for Business to be used with Microsoft Teams, or allows it only on a domain

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams でBusiness 向けの DropBox のみ連携を許可することや、該当ドメインのみ連携許可する機能を実装してほしい。
    We would like to request for a feature to allow only DropBox for Business to be used with Microsoft Teams, or allows it only on a domain

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて、ビジネス向けのDropboxのみ連携を許可する機能、該当ドメインのみ連携のみ許可する機能、Dropboxの中で連携先を限定する機能を実装してほしい。
    We would like to request for a feature to allow only DropBox for Business to be used with Microsoft Teams, or allows it only on a specific domain, as well as be able to limit association within the DropBox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版で IRM で保護されたフォイルを展開できるようにして欲しい。
    I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.

■Description(内容):
    IRM で保護されたドキュメントは、Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版のどちらもエラーが発生し、直接展開ができないため、ドキュメントのダウンロードをしなくても Microsoft Teams 上で直接展開する機能の実装をして欲しい。
    Attempting to open an IRM protected file trough the web version or desktop version of Teams returns an error, and the file can’t be opened. I want to be able to open these documents directly in Teams, instead of having to download and open them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show the formula bar in Excel files to see the content in the cell when using readonly mode in Teams

When viewing an Excel file from the Teams client (web) app, you cannot see all the content in a single cell. I would be nice if you could click on that cell and the content would display in a read only display bar, for example the formula bar, similar to the Excel Desktop app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Teams act like more Windows Explorer

1. Allow user to add more than 1 file at a time (multi-select) to Outlook email when pulling files from Teams
    2. Allow user to edit the file tree (e.g., delete a file, create a folder, drag/move files) during the attach file process in Outlook when pulling files from Teams
    3. Enable drag and move files in general in Teams
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Channel / Subdirectory Permission Mapping Team, Sharepoint, OneDriveBusiness

If Teams Admin is limiting members or guests to create /delete channels -- Sharepoint does still everything -- even for Guest -- like delete
    Prio1 sync permissions from Team with Sharepoint at least for channels
    Prio2 limit "create" folder in Files to Owners only -- members only - or all as options

Prio3 have SPO and ODB in sync as well - so all tools show the similar scurity style - and sharing shows same results using one of 3 tools

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Uploaded image preview in conversation

When I upload an image into a chat, it would be nice to get an actual preview of it in the writing area (like Hangouts does) instead of just a tag with the file name. That way you can visually double check if you are sending the right image.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I need to delete a file I uploaded in a team File and replace with updated

I need to delete a file I uploaded in a team File and replace with updated

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assigment with resources from Teams

Assigment with resources from Teams and not only from onenote onedrive or computer. If Teams needs to be the central point to gather resources, why it isn't possible to use resources from Teams itself to make an assigment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to see a previous version of file before edit.

The ability to see previous version of an edited excel or word document. Basically archive past versions of the document. In case team members make mistakes, sabotage a current project.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to see a previous version of file before edit.

The ability to see previous version of an edited excel or word document. Basically archive past versions of the document. In case team members make mistakes, sabotage a current project.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Filter View option to the Files Tab

To enable better user experience in the Files tab of Teams. Can you implement the View filter dropdown that is available in SharePoint libraries.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My company is looking for the ability to delete root folders. We're in the process of cleaning our directory. The program requires us to del

My company is looking for the ability to delete root folders. We're in the process of cleaning our directory. The program requires us to delete all files in a folder, then the folder, then the folder it is in, all the way back to the root folder. It's a time-consuming process for something that can be done in File Explorer in a matter of seconds.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notifica of file upload or change

Posssibility to manage allert via mail when a teams menber make some change/upload a file or some change Sally ti a folder or a file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. screen resolution surface pro 6 - files upload window

when choosing "upload files" in the "files" section of a team, the window opens with a strange resolution = extremely small font size (compared to the usual look of the file explorer) - see screenshot1.jpg.
    I'm using the recommended settings for the Surface Pro (full resolution, 200% size for apps, text, etc. - see screenshot2.jpg). I think the 200% setting is being ignored by the pop-up in the app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better image sharing

Make it possible to share more than one image at a time when selecting images to send in chat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base