Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow 3rd party cloud storage for attachments in chat

It would be helpful if chats allowed for 3rd party cloud storage solutions (Box, Dropbox, Sharefile, etc) to be used when selecting an attachment. Within Channels, the feature already exists to add a 3rd party cloud storage solution, but it is absent within Chat. The option to either attach or link the document (URL to the file within the 3rd party solution) would be helpful additional functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File rename with viewer

My company uses Box and one of the strong points, besides ease of use is their viewer.

As part of our process with scanned documents is the ability to rename the file while in a viewer, and also, to move the file while in the viewer.

We do this mostly with accounting. We can view a scanned or emailed file and then rename the document including the document date and invoice number. The document is held open in the viewer while it is entered into the accounting system. OCR allows us to capture long account or invoice numbers, as well…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A Combine Function/Button

I work in a group that does a lot of document editing, comment gathering, and proposing a direction based on feedback on the original doc. Is there a way to combine all comments from various individuals that are made to the same doc to view/edit in Teams? If not, do you think that could be created? I work in a Credit Policy development group where we send the proposed initiative/policy out to a SME (subject matter expert) group for comment, combine them, and consolidate. More than happy to discuss, if necessary. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Snapshot option

It will be great if we have an snapshot option in chat, so that user can share their image more quickly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow people on the team to access files

I invited people to a team to collaborate and access files. When they accept the invitation, they are told that they don't have access to any of the files.

The only option is owner or member, how about read, or read write, or edit or view. Not very "team" oriented now. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Once we upload a file on the teams ( PPT, Word, Excel), we should be able to see the counts that how many times the file is being downloaded

Admin should be able to see that how many times a File( PPT, word , excel) is being downloaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Function to allow exporting of an Index for Folder and document hierarchy.

The function would provide an index for a Team's file hierarchy and structure, including where each document and it's folder address are spit out. Our storage guru at my firm has found this to be a useful tool in organizing things folders on the network / data rooms as you can more easily view the files in one place. He says that at his old firm, this document indexing capability was available through their server system storage provider. This function would also allow us to use Teams as more than a collaboration tool, but could enable us to use it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix your image attachment features because they are BROKE.

Your broken program just cost me feedback at work. Having to wait till all your images are loaded before you can hit enter and send them has again cost me time at work. You should be able to hit enter to send images and just have them send when they are done loading instead of having to wait. Also having to rename images that are named the same IN YOUR MESSENGER is counter productive and annoying. Be more like skype and less broken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow editing of PPTM files within Teams/Powerpoint online

Not even Powerpoint online will allow co-editing of PPTM files so it would need to be functionality added there first, then also allowed in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cell phone mobile protection or option to not load teams through app when away from office

Looking for a solution for protecting team files from loading on mobile cell phones. Right now all teams and group files are loaded which could be a security risk. Such as when you are using your cell phone, but you walk into the office open your laptop - which is seen as mobile and has the app installed could access the files. Does this already exist? I have searched. Can the user control this or is it a deeper Admin function?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Condivisione farraginosa

Far Modificare un file Excel da 30 persone con versioni differenti, e con devices differenti sta diventando lento e farraginoso.
    La risoluzione sta nel problema che ho esposto.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable editing function of files which stored in the cloud storage

We can’t edit files which added to the cloud storage such as Box due to the current limitation. It can be opened as read-only mode. It would be great if I could edit those files by opening them from the Files section in the left side pane in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow adding files and channels plus sub channel to favourites and add a favourites tab

As per title be good if I could favourite pretty much anything and have a single place to locate it. Incorporates multiple requests here but in multitude. Give users the power to choose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix bug with automatic name switch on re-saved files

Excel files that are re-saved under a different name switch document name with the original file.

This happens regularly: I opened an Excel file with name "201905" and resaved it as "201906" with a slightly different content. After a while suddenly I had both files open on my desktop and the original file and my edited file had changed names. Thus the edited file was named 201905, however, this is supposed to be the original file. Creates potential significant issues when not aware of it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. teams allow to update attachment even after posting it, Its difficult to keep track

teams allow to update attachment even after posting it, Its difficult to keep track. I can go and update previously attached file and there is no update notification and not even update flag for a file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base