Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add a paper clip feature to add a file, drawing memo to meeting

In meetings add a paper clip feature that allows you to insert a file, drawing, memo, xcel file. etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Take photos on Teams using laptop camera to share hard copies of documents without a scanner

Enable laptop camera to take photo to attach via chat or Teams - to allow hard copies of documents to be shared without a scanner

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show also Recent folders under Recent, so we can easy shift between meetings folders, chat etc.

Make navigation easier for users by also showing the most recent accessed folders under recent. This way you can easily access another file in the same folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. i am attempting to link a file between two channels .. there is a feature to add the link BUT the entire contents of the document librar

add link to file - not folder

i am attempting to link a document between channels. the feature to do this maps the ENTIRE document library vs just the file/folder i want to share

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Owners to Set Permissions for Folders under Teams and Channels "Files"

I have a classroom Teams Channel where I have created folders (under "Files") for each individual student. I want them to be able to upload documents (handwritten quiz answers, etc) to their folder without other students having the ability to see it. I would like to set permissions on each folder so that only the student and instructors have access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show who made what comment in a shared file, show all or by specific name

Show who made what comment in a shared file, show all or by specific name
    eg in an excel where 10 people are adding to list I want to know who added what line item

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. picture upload size reduction

as a teacher i would appreciate if file size reduction would be possible for my students during file-upload via the Handy app.
    they take Pictures of their assignments und upload via their Handy way too big pics.
    compareable with sending pics with the email app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. General > Files > New Options

I use an external document system on a local server due to the fact we work with Official-Sensitive documentation.

Would be great to work in Teams for my whole project where I can add links to O-S documents in the local document server. Non O-S documents can be managed via sharePoint and and O-S documents can sit on another server. As I currently see things this may require a 'Shortcut' option when selecting the 'New' option.

As I'm new to Teams and starting to work on Planner these shortcuts can be really useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to send alerts to the team when a file us update in the file folder

I want to send alerts to the team when a file us update in the file folder

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can you add Box as one of the Cloud storage on Teams?

When I try to add cloud storage in Microsoft Team, my only option is Google Docs.. Can you guys add Box as an option?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have folders Within channels listed by date, recent,etc, without effect to other users

I like the folders sequenced one way, but the listing arrangement is always changing without reason. Nothing added for days, yet everytime i enter a channel the sequence is different than last time. It is frustrating never knowing where to tap, and quite often the list refreshes as my finger appraises approaches the screen, making me open the wrong folder way to often

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add People to File

When sharing a file in a chat conversation, in order to send that file to another individual in Teams I have to create a hyperlink from the gigantic link generated in Teams for that file. It would be nice to have a "Sent to Chat" option that allowed you to select the user and then make that file visible in the chat I have with that other person, as if I had also uploaded it to them. This would be ideal for things like editing a document, sending to a friend for proof reading, and then sending to the boss…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrate MS Teams with Box Sync

We would like to be able to have the files which we upload in Teams, be automatically sent over to a Box folder to avoid having to upload the same documents in two systems (as we are a team who uses both).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi there I am still confused about doc upload and link with sharepoint/workspace- seems now to be 2 doc locations

Why I can’t combine an existing workspace with teams that doc uploads in teams are in the right folder of workspace? The uploads via team seems to be stored in a different channel related folder?...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Default sorting files by Name A to Z

Make this an option, this should be standard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. not possible to copy paste files from outlook to MS Teams

not possible to copy paste files from outlook to MS Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow the ability to add a document library from an existing OneDrive.

You have the ability to add a document library from an existing Google Drive or Dropbox but have left out the ability to add one from an existing OneDrive. If migrations from a OneDrive to a SharePoint site was better integrated I would get this decision but currently you are not even supporting your own products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to see my channel files from word excel when i click open like i can with sharepoint

I want to see my channel files from word excel when i click open like i can with sharepoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base