Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Find and Replace in Multiple Word Documents

Multiple Word Find and Replace Software to easily replace text in multiple word document files without waste of time. This application supported on all windows version & all MS Offices Latest Versions.

https://www.knktools.com/docx-toolkit/word-find-and-replace-tool.html

The Related Quires solved to batch find and replace word

find and replace in multiple word documents

batch edit word documents

find and replace multiple words at once

automate find and replace text file

find and replace multiple words in word from excel list

update multiple word documents simultaneously

ms word find and replace in multiple documents software

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WHERE IS THE DOWNLOAD STATUS AND CONTROL?!

This is supposed to be a team hub right? Communication, file sharing, WHERE IS THE FILE DOWNLOAD STATUS?!!!!!! IT'S THE MOST BASIC FUNCTION FOR ALL APPS WITH THE "DOWNLOAD" FUNCTION. YOU ARE MICROSOFT AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDERED THAT?! DO WE EVEN HAVE TO VOTE ON THIS? IF OUR COMPANY JUST DONT REQUIRE US TO USE THIS, I WOULD NEVER USE IT FOR FILE SHARING.

LOOK I GET IT WE HAVE TO VOTE, BUT THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF CONCERNS ABOUT "DOWNLOAD" AND "STATUS". WE DONT HAVE TO VOTE ON THIS!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Button for files

Button for adding things like word documents, PowerPoints, videos and pictures to the file section on IOS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Regarding "Block download" when sharing Microsoft Teams files

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams ファイルの共有の際の"ダウンロードを禁止する"について
    Regarding "Block download" when sharing Microsoft Teams files

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のファイルの共有操作の際にダウンロードを禁止するためには、共有操作のたびに "ダウンロードを禁止する" を行わなくてはならず煩雑なので、デフォルトで禁止をする、しないの設定が可能な機能を希望します。
    In order to prevent downloads when performing file sharing operations in Microsoft Teams, user has to perform "Block download" every time when performing sharing operations which is annoying, thus we hope a setting will be implemented to let users choose to block or not block downloads by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Easily publish a final pdf copy of a document without tracked changes or chat

Ability to publish a final pdf version of a document after collaboration without chat/changes, and also keep a copy of the original collaboration with all tracked changes and chats included. This would enable a document, such as a contract, to be reviewed, redlined, and commented on, and to keep that version, but to also easily publish a final version with all comments and tracked changes turned off - thus preventing that oh so embarrassing moment when you send out a contract with a few juicy comments still in it by accident.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make default view on folder level possible

It would be very helpful if it were possible to set a default view on folder level in Teams, instead of only on library level.

The problem: Up to now, in each channel, the tab "file" has to use the same default view, which is determined by the library of the Teams the channel belongs to.
    But within one Teams, each channel focuses on different topics, therefore its files have different metadata. We would like to offer a standard view for each tab showing different metadata. Therefore we need the possibility to set default view for each single folder within…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I wish I could open an embedded doc within the MS Teams frame (or Word Online). I just confirmed that it's currently not supported.

I wish I could open an embedded doc within the MS Teams frame (or Word Online). I just confirmed today that it's currently not supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to create folders while browsing filestructure in teams

I'd like to have the ability to create a folder when organizing files in my teams. Example: if I want to move files from one folder, I'll mark the folders and press move. In the new window, I can currently only move to existing folders. I would like the ability to create a folder while organizing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to set policy only for items shared in Teams Teams で共有しているアイテムのみ、ポリシー設定をしたい

I want to apply "Removal after 1 year" and "Retention for 2 years after deletion" item retention policy only to files uploaded to personal chat (OD4B) and team (SPO).

個人チャット (OD4B)、およびチーム (SPO) にアップロードされたファイルのみに対して「1年経過後削除」と「削除後2年間の保持」のアイテム保持ポリシーを適用したい

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reuniões gravadas

Seria mais prático e mais eficiente se as reuniões gravadas fossem armazenadas em uma pasta dentro de cada respectiva equipe, ou seja, cada equipe ter uma pasta só de reuniões gravadas. Seria maravilhoso!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide a facility to add notes to files in the channels - like Objective lets you

Provide a facility to add notes to files in the channels - like Objective lets you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Delete files and images that have been uploaded to a Conversation

After using Teams for a couple of years, we've built up a large quantity of files and images in multiple conversations that are no longer relevant to the work that we're doing (especially older versions of files).

It's hard trying to sort through the files in a conversation to find what you're looking for when you've got 10+ versions of that file sitting there.

The ability to delete old files and images from conversations would be very useful and would save us a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Regarding the file upload behavior for Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Micosoft Teams のファイルアップロードの動作について
    Regarding the file upload behavior for Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のアップロード時、OneDrive for Business からファイルを選択するには、会話タブの [添付(クリップ アイコン)] からしか行えません。
    ファイルが多数あるため、フォルダーを作成し管理しています。
    アップロード時に格納先のフォルダーを指定するには、ファイル タブ からのみでしか行えません。
    そのためファイルタブからでもアップロード元の選択肢に OneDrive for Business を選択する機能、もしくは会話タブの [添付(クリップ アイコン)] からのアップロード時に格納先フォルダーを指定する機能の拡張を要望します。
    In order to select files from OneDrive for Business for uploading on Microsoft Teams, users need to use "Attach (clip icon)" in Conversation tab.
    As there are lots of files, we created folders to manage those files.
    The upload destination folder can only be specified from the File tab.
    Therefore, we hope the feature can be changed to select OneDrive for Business as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Files in Assignments should not replace each other automatically when they have the same name

A file I uploaded replaced a file, that a teacher had added in an assignment under "my work" with the same name. There was no warning that this would happen, just a notification about it after it happened. Luckily i had already downloaded the file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Diagrams or Drawings to File Type Filter in Search

It would be very handy if an additional file filter in Teams such as "Diagram" or "Drawings" to use in searches.

I often find myself having to search for previous Visio diagrams I've created. Right now I can manually specify the extension in the search, but having a built in filter would be very useful.

It could be simply searching for the VSD/VSDX extension on Visio diagrams, but could also include common extensions for drawings such as .dwg/.dxf/etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prevent a specific Excel file from opening embedded in teams

Prevent a specific Excel file from opening embedded in teams. Have the option to only allow other users to open that specific Excel file from the Excel app.
    This would be beneficial for shared files that have macros which are required to run to view the file properly. Currently other users are forgetting to select "Open in Excel app" when opening these files which cause it to not work as designed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Using list data from other channels in a lookup column

I have got the following wish:

I have create a list in a public channel ("general"). Now i want to create a lookup column in a private channel, where i can choose data from this list.
    Is that possible? It is a important function for use. In the "old" SharePoint it works...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base