Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneNote documents creation from file tab

Would be great if we could directly create and Edit OneNOte Document from Teams as we can do it for Word or Excel Document

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel

A Chart that I have uploaded to Teams is having issues. It is a Pivot Chart that allows the criteria to be selected via a slicer. When the file is opened in MS Teams the all the columns have their own color applied and are listed within the Legend. When the slicer is applied from that point on all the columns have the same color and it is the same in the Legend.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Migration tool that converts fileshare directory to Team and automatically loads documents into the Team Files

I have a fileshare with hundreds of directories (1 directory per client). Each directory has tens to hundreds of sub-directories (1 sub directory per client project). I would like to make a team for each client/directory, with channels for each client project/sub directory). I want the contents of the sub directories loaded into the Team Channel Files locations. Is there any way to automate this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. While deleting the files, user by mistake press the delete key twice and one popup window should alert its already in process instead both.

when we delete the file/files in windows, the user by mistake press the delete key twice, and its start to pop up the deleting process window for both the action instead one window should alert its already in process to save time and Ram process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. CND Team

The management of the files is very diffult. I suggest to create a systems exacty like dropbox, when you visualization is a fodler where you edit the files easily. Also it would be very importat the if it works offline.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Performance and open file sharing

Microsoft Team is a useful tool and feasible for communication document management.

However, when trying to open the document through team, Team may wrongly refer to other file/previous version by chance.

In addition, the time for opening the document is a bit slower than expected.

Would be great if you can help on improving these.

Cheers,
    Hal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Links in Outlook messages to files in Teams often return incorrect, previously cached files

I have found multiple times, that links clicked on within an Outlook email message referencing a files within Teams (files stored within a Files tab within a channel) often return a previously cached, unrelated file.

Steps:
    1. Have someone send you an email message with an href link to a file located in Teams (within the Files tab).
    2. Click the link within the Outlook client. Note the web browser Teams client loads (I am using Chrome on Windows 10) and notice the resulting file viewed in the Teams document viewer.

I still have some testing to do, but I …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Cloud Storage: Keep Login open until login is successful

Our organization is Ping Federated and we have Box.com for Cloud storage. When we try to add Box as a Cloud Storage in Teams, the Login window closes within 1 min. Authentication takes more than 1 minute as we have Ping and multi factor authentication to complete successful login.

Keep the Login window open until logon is successful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We cant get your files- Where is the scalable Azure!

Hi Teams Team,
    My files for the last few days are not always available. This is very frustrating and odd considering that there is Microsoft Azure....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please allow us to pop out files into a new window but still edit within teams

Please allow us to pop out files into a new window but still edit within teams. I cannot stand when I'm working on shared file and then get an chat and answer it, I have to navigate back to the file. I should be able to pop out the file, like I can with a chat or a meeting and continue working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Always show open in browser button for images.

Sometimes images are not loading at the first time. A Reload button or Open in browser would be help full. Please Add this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Save recorded videos with Date and Time stamp with Class name

When recording meetings, the videos are all saved with file name "Videos xyz", this makes it very confusing to understand what meeting they belong to unless we open and listen to every video.
    If those videos are saved with class names and date, it would be much easier categorizing the recorded videos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There is a lack of access to the event logs and records.

There is a lack of access to the event logs and records to be able to analyze whether it was the user or any problem in the system that brought down a participant, who refused a meeting, to raise a history of non-productive events.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow external meeting attendees to upload files

For ad-hoc meetings (NOT a team/channel meeting), allow ALL participants to drop files into the conversation. We have external users in our meetings and they can't upload files. We DON'T want to add these external users to any group/etc. The list of external participants is different for every meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Excel Sheet and Cell Locking and Unlocking from Sharepoint

My company has started uploading customer service histories on Teams, and we prefer to lock certain cells so that customers can only interact with certain sheets. Unlocking protected sheets requires us to open in desktop, unlock, edit, and then wait for the file to save. If I didn't have a desktop version of the app, this would not be possible to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. windows open at the same time

when I work on a file that is online, I often get chat msgs from coworkers but I am loosing the view of my working file. would be possible to have parallel windows open with chat and also files that you are working online?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sending same file(file of same name) to more than one person individually is warning to keep both or replace.

Sending one file with(file of same name) more than one person (individually) is warning to keep both or replace. It should not happen when the chat session is not same.
    Example: Keeping one file more that one time in same folder.
    I guess Microsoft is maintaining same folder for all files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Being able to open several files at a time

It would be great to be able to switch between several documents without having to leave the one you are currently working on. Like having several tabs open in your browser. If you just quickly want to check something in a different document which is probably in a different team you always have to navigate all through the files. And then back again. Also the back botton never only brings you one step back but all the way to the beginning of the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base