Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link to google photos from iPad

It would be great if I could link to a shared album on Google photos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Files wont show up in the app

Files wont show in the app on my IPad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Blacklining or comparewrite functionality needed for Team documents

To be an excellent, or even useable, collaboration tool, the changes made by each team member must be be transparent. Blacklining? Compare?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better version history options

Setting: Shared access to edit Excel Spreadsheet.
    The current system only shows different versions.

It would be way better if each version could colour code each editor and the edits they have made. E.G I made edits on 4 cells and Kelly made edits on a different set of cells, all my edits will be purple in the version history and Kelly's will be orange? Opening a version history should have an indication of how many edits were in that version with a link to each cell that was changed.
    Also it will be beneficial if the version history could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to have a copy of a document in multiple teams and chennels and I want it to live update in all locations

I would like to be able to have a copy of a document in multiple teams and in multiple folders within a team and if I make changes in one location, I want it to live update in all locations. This way I won't have to go to each team where the document lives and is accessed by a different set up users and make changes to the same document multiple times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sort by creative file .psd .ai

Sort by creative files like .psd .ai

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If the author has set the file to Read-Only, "Edit" in Teams should open the File Read-Only

I have some Excel files, which are used to calculate something based on the content of one cell. To prevent the formulas to be changes I have set the file in Excel as "Read Only". If the file is stored in Teams, and I open them in the desktop app, I can change the cell which the input for my calculation, the sheet calculates, and I really have to consciently save the file. If I click on the "Edit" button to open the file in the Teams App, it will open the file in rw-mode - which will generate a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it so you can access all work etc on teams on moblies not just desktop.

Its an amazing design, but its difficult when you can't see if someone uploads something on teams and you can only see it on a desktop, but you can't access it on your phone or tablet while using teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Jave files as the default on folder selection NOT conversation tab

You want feedback yet the link you send for us to click into, brings us to a page with a wall of blurb on it where it is difficult to pick out the feedback button? Then the box you fill out about ideas is just a title box with no indication of its character limit until you begin typing your idea to discover it's just the title of the idea? Who actually designs this stuff, anyone with UX skills?? Why why on earth when I click on a folder does it default to the conversation tab? I am looking for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Saved Emails visable in full format with attachments

For emails with attachments that are saved in MS Teams, in order to access them, we need to download them from the site. Would like the capability to be established where when we click on the saved email, it opens up entirely with attachments, without having to download to view it..... Counter productive..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I need the ability to add signature to documents and Excel files easily with out some sort of account subscription or hassle.

I need to be able to have people sign off on hours. This needs to be easily done without a subscription process and emailing and downloading documents back and forth. The documentation should be allowed in Excel, Word and Acrobat. Signatures are a pain now and this needs to be and should be a mobile friendly option that is easily allowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版で IRM で保護されたフォイルを展開できるようにして欲しい。
    I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.

■Description(内容):
    IRM で保護されたドキュメントは、Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版のどちらもエラーが発生し、直接展開ができないため、ドキュメントのダウンロードをしなくても Microsoft Teams 上で直接展開する機能の実装をして欲しい。
    Attempting to open an IRM protected file trough the web version or desktop version of Teams returns an error, and the file can’t be opened. I want to be able to open these documents directly in Teams, instead of having to download and open them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Teams act like more Windows Explorer

1. Allow user to add more than 1 file at a time (multi-select) to Outlook email when pulling files from Teams

2. Allow user to edit the file tree (e.g., delete a file, create a folder, drag/move files) during the attach file process in Outlook when pulling files from Teams

3. Enable drag and move files in general in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When navigating files within the app, right mouseclick should only go one step back, not back to main menu.

It's very frustrating that right clicking brings you back to the main menu, not the previous folder in the directory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Uploaded image preview in conversation

When I upload an image into a chat, it would be nice to get an actual preview of it in the writing area (like Hangouts does) instead of just a tag with the file name. That way you can visually double check if you are sending the right image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I need to delete a file I uploaded in a team File and replace with updated

I need to delete a file I uploaded in a team File and replace with updated

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to see a previous version of file before edit.

The ability to see previous version of an edited excel or word document. Basically archive past versions of the document. In case team members make mistakes, sabotage a current project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base