Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Teams & SharePoint Files to Communicate

Would like for it to be possible to add a SP file to Teams, make modifications to that file, and have those changes reflected and saved to the file in SP as a version rather than having a file stored in SP and a file stored in Teams that don't communicate with each other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow WEBDAV access to private file stores such as Synology, Nextcloud, Owncloud, etc.

Consider allowance of private file stores that you could add to a team or channel. Examples of private filestores include Synology, Nextcloud, Owncloud or others using WEBDAV or other protocols. This would be enabled through the Admin interface. OneDrive doesn't have "team" like capability.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Browsing within TEAMS on folders and files.

Browsing within TEAMS on folders and files, has to be simplified more intuitively and user-friendly, as moving from one folder to another or moving from file to file is not very simple and intuitive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Opening files sent on Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 上で送付されたファイルの展開方法について
    Opening files sent on Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在 ​Microsoft Teams 上で送付されたファイルを開く際、直接デスクトップアプリで展開する機能がありませんため、既定でデスクトップアプリで開く機能を実装して欲しい。
    Currently, there is no way to directly open files sent on Microsoft Teams using the desktop app, so please implement a feature that will open with the desktop app by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Media Gallery in Chats

It would be awesome to have a Chat Media tab in the chat that shows images you have shared in line and not as a file. WhatsApp has a similar feature of which I have attached a screenshot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link to google photos from iPad

It would be great if I could link to a shared album on Google photos

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better version history options

Setting: Shared access to edit Excel Spreadsheet.
    The current system only shows different versions.

It would be way better if each version could colour code each editor and the edits they have made. E.G I made edits on 4 cells and Kelly made edits on a different set of cells, all my edits will be purple in the version history and Kelly's will be orange? Opening a version history should have an indication of how many edits were in that version with a link to each cell that was changed.
    Also it will be beneficial if the version history could…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Characters in the file are corrupted when viewing it via viewer in Teams

If you store a file in a compressed folder such as .zip folder and view the file via viewer in Teams, Japanese characters in the file are corrupted. I would like you to improve this behavior with some fix patch.
    Ref. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sharepoint_support/2017/02/17/sharepoint-onlineonedrive-for-business-%E3%81%AE-zip-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%81%AE%E6%96%87%E5%AD%97%E5%8C%96%E3%81%91%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow invites to subfolder within a team

There are times when we want people to only see a certain subfolder within a Team. It would be nice to be able to only invite them to that subfolder instead of the Team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. remove "we are opening your document message"

When you open a document in Teams (files, right click, open in desktop app) a modal appears explaining that I can keep working in Teams whilst my document is opening.
    As a user I would like a checkbox in that model so that I can check a box.
    As a user I would like the checkbox to enable me to not see that message again in the future so that I don't have to keep clicking OK for it to go away.
    As a user I would like to right click, open file in desktop app and simply continue my…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If the author has set the file to Read-Only, "Edit" in Teams should open the File Read-Only

I have some Excel files, which are used to calculate something based on the content of one cell. To prevent the formulas to be changes I have set the file in Excel as "Read Only". If the file is stored in Teams, and I open them in the desktop app, I can change the cell which the input for my calculation, the sheet calculates, and I really have to consciently save the file. If I click on the "Edit" button to open the file in the Teams App, it will open the file in rw-mode - which will generate a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to be able to export a SharePoint file to Excel from within Teams.

I have a database in SharePoint that can be accessed from within Teams but the option to export to Excel is removed when SharePoint is used in Teams Please consider adding this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. multi-select files from Files view to "share" via outlook

After working in Teams to create proposal documents, there was no easy way to multi-select the final set of proposal docs to "share" or send via outlook to an outside email recipient

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We would like to request for a feature to allow only DropBox for Business to be used with Microsoft Teams, or allows it only on a domain

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams でBusiness 向けの DropBox のみ連携を許可することや、該当ドメインのみ連携許可する機能を実装してほしい。
    We would like to request for a feature to allow only DropBox for Business to be used with Microsoft Teams, or allows it only on a domain

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて、ビジネス向けのDropboxのみ連携を許可する機能、該当ドメインのみ連携のみ許可する機能、Dropboxの中で連携先を限定する機能を実装してほしい。
    We would like to request for a feature to allow only DropBox for Business to be used with Microsoft Teams, or allows it only on a specific domain, as well as be able to limit association within the DropBox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版で IRM で保護されたフォイルを展開できるようにして欲しい。
    I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.

■Description(内容):
    IRM で保護されたドキュメントは、Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版のどちらもエラーが発生し、直接展開ができないため、ドキュメントのダウンロードをしなくても Microsoft Teams 上で直接展開する機能の実装をして欲しい。
    Attempting to open an IRM protected file trough the web version or desktop version of Teams returns an error, and the file can’t be opened. I want to be able to open these documents directly in Teams, instead of having to download and open them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show the formula bar in Excel files to see the content in the cell when using readonly mode in Teams

When viewing an Excel file from the Teams client (web) app, you cannot see all the content in a single cell. I would be nice if you could click on that cell and the content would display in a read only display bar, for example the formula bar, similar to the Excel Desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Teams act like more Windows Explorer

1. Allow user to add more than 1 file at a time (multi-select) to Outlook email when pulling files from Teams

2. Allow user to edit the file tree (e.g., delete a file, create a folder, drag/move files) during the attach file process in Outlook when pulling files from Teams

3. Enable drag and move files in general in Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Channel / Subdirectory Permission Mapping Team, Sharepoint, OneDriveBusiness

If Teams Admin is limiting members or guests to create /delete channels -- Sharepoint does still everything -- even for Guest -- like delete
    Prio1 sync permissions from Team with Sharepoint at least for channels
    Prio2 limit "create" folder in Files to Owners only -- members only - or all as options

Prio3 have SPO and ODB in sync as well - so all tools show the similar scurity style - and sharing shows same results using one of 3 tools

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Uploaded image preview in conversation

When I upload an image into a chat, it would be nice to get an actual preview of it in the writing area (like Hangouts does) instead of just a tag with the file name. That way you can visually double check if you are sending the right image.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base