Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. About the function to confirm by a method such as log when a virus is detected and properties are changed

Implement a function to check if a virus is detected in a file on Teams and the property is changed, using a method such as a log.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. a file manager - it impossible to find anything

sort out the file tab so it comes up with a file manager type so you can find things in a directory structure

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Drag and drop documents OUT of the chat

The ability to drag and drop documents send via chat onto your desktop instead of clicking a link to download and then retrieve from download will make the process quicker and less cumbersome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow customization of the drop downs on the main screen.

Where there is posts, files, wiki, etc, allow user to put files first.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. printout

Hi, At present not able to give printout while checking from TEAMS. to take print, we need to download all the files and from there we need to give printout.

Provide function so that we can take print .. while checking documents from TEAMS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be really great if we would be able to remove / rename / redirect the default files tab.

It would be really great if we would be able to remove / rename / redirect the default tabs. A lot of times files / notes are too generic names for the tabs, so renaming would be really helpful then. Being able to redirect them to existing repositories would be awesome too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow WEBDAV access to private file stores such as Synology, Nextcloud, Owncloud, etc.

Consider allowance of private file stores that you could add to a team or channel. Examples of private filestores include Synology, Nextcloud, Owncloud or others using WEBDAV or other protocols. This would be enabled through the Admin interface. OneDrive doesn't have "team" like capability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a "Under Review = Draft" Tab for the Task Planner

Adding a Draft/Under Review option could help alert those sign to a task or monitoring tasks to see what stage the project is on. In progress is a pretty broad category and could not indicate how far the task is along.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the file size limit for which can be stored in Teams

Please allow us to increase the file size limit for which can be stored in Teams. Current size limit is set to 15 GB for each file, and we can’t increase the limit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 linked in document in multiple team site locations

Ability to have a single document linked so if you have 2 or more different stakeholder groups you only have to update 1 doc instead of managing 3 different teams with the document constantly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Post to a Teams channel from a Office document.

It would be great to be able to post a conversation around a file in a channel directly from a Office document in a team (opening the conversation panel to the right).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow us to send multiple/different files with the same name to multiple colleagues

Example scenario:

• I send a file with the name (example) "Contract.pdf" to a colleague via teams.

• I create a new pdf with the same name but different content

• I send the new PDF to another colleague and tell teams to overwrite file (because the exact unique name is important)

• The first colleague can now click on Download file via Teams and download the new file instead of either the old one or nothing at all.

Solution:

For teams, create a separate folder for each chat in Onedrive to ensure that different files with the same name are sent in different…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. teams need to work better with OneDrive

We can add channels to team, and a new folder will be added to the teams' document folder. However , this folder has nothing to do with the channel . for example ,when I upload one file to the channel , I cannot see it in the teams' document as I wanted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unique file accounts per user/chat

If I am sharing a file that has the same filename that I already shared anywhere else in Team - in another chat or team, I am always prompted to say that this file already exists - even though I might not have ever share it in this particular chat. It would be great if I could share same files individually to different users and chats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create Team from Windows Explorer

It would have been fantastic if you could just mark a folder in Windows Explorer and then just press «Create Team» to make a Teams-Team out of it with all the files and structure included in the new Team, You would propably need a plug-in module for the Windows Explorer, but if you could do this, the change from traditional servers archives to Teams would have been super efficient. This operation should make the original folder dissappear from the server of course, so you dont have to deal with double-up archives.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Video playback

Our teams love posting motivational videos throughout the day, but as of right now it posts the file rather than having a key image with a play button and playing the video. I think this would be a great change to make and would help us out a lot after moving from groupme!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like the ability to put a label on a file.

I often need to upload the same file name (.exe) but the versions are different. I would like the ability to put a label on the file that describes the version # of the .exe. This will allow my end-users to see the version without having to rename the .exe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base