Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to know when users downloaded a file that I posted. This lets me know if the information is valuable

I would like you to build a table of the users that have downloaded a file that was posted. It is a log of when it was downloaded. I would like this metadata to determine if the file that I created is valuable based upon the number and who download it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Double click to edit, or edit by default, for documents and spreadsheets in Teams

I find it frustrating having to click Edit to make quick edits to documents shared in teams. For some reason this is particularly aggravating when working with spreadsheets.

Please enable either double-click to edit or automatically open documents as editable by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sending video on teams app for Android

I'm unable to send a 5 sec video file. That should be possible. Video is showing but when pressing, nothing happens.
    Google pixel 2 running Android 9.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. powershell scripts

We store a lot of powershell scripts in Teams for collaborative use. It sure would be nice to be able to edit scripts from within teams without having to download them and the upload when complete.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unified view accross files within team

Being member of several teams in the company, it is very frustrating that each channel of each team has its own independent Files view.
    Without ability to search through the files, it happens on a daily basis, that different team members are storing the same file, or different versions of the same file across different Files folders, and Files structure becomes very quickly cluttered and inconsistent.
    Even I understand the security approach, where each team can have some files, which should be kept as private for the team members, I don't understand, why the single Files view is not applied…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. .url support to excel file

We have an excel file in a sharepoint another than Teams one. I want to make it accessible from teams. I DON'T want to copy it but share the same content ! If I create a link, a .url is created but does not open directly in Teams.

Come on, Microsoft...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi, I have MS Teams in both my Company Surface Pro and Samsung J7 mobile phone. I need to acces files at homes

It is very strange, I can see all files from my mobile phone. However from my Surface Pro cannot get to sub/subfolders. I can go to subfolder under main folder, but doesn't open files in these subfolders. I have to make amendments on them today on Sunday and make available for Monday morning, do not know where and how to get support.
    If anyone responds here, please ensure I got notification in email provided below
    Zaur

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. File should be visible in teams files section if it is uploaded via outlook attachments in the groups which is used to create teams

File should be visible in teams files section if it is uploaded via outlook attachments in the groups which is used to create teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 添付ファイルの検索

チャットで使用した添付ファイルのファイル名を入れても検索できないので添付ファイルも検索の対象にして欲しい。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add back feature that were in Lync so that this is not ANOTHER regressive software move from Lync

Would like ability to paste pictures directly into messages. Cannot currently do so.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Deep links shouldn't contain the entire folder structure

Deep links shouldn't contain the entire folder hierarchy. I might not want to reveal the details of my hierarchy to someone I am sharing one file with.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make file preview work for files with an apostrophe somewhere in the file path

Currently if an apostrophe exists at any point in the file address (name of file, parent folder or Team name) the file can't be previewed.

In such situations we get a "Hmm... looks like this file doesn't have a preview we can show you." and a Download button is visible.

This behaviour seems inconsistent given that apostrophes aren't listed as invalid characters for OneDrive, OneDrive for Business or SharePoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dropbox sharing

Could be great if the dropbox integration could be used, to share company folders, and not just personal folders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to join Google Drive Cloud :(

Když už je tam volby připojit Google Drive k souborům bylo by dobré kdyby to fungovalo

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add cloud storage for google drive is broken

when addting google drive as as cloud storage, the login screen to google drive hangs and the login dialogue never opens

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When hovering on the attach button, include in the tool tip that they can drag and drop files here

When people are hovering on the attach icon, include in the tool tip verbiage that they can drag and drop files too rather than browse to it with the dialog box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a download section in the Teams app

After downloading a file in Teams app, the download notification appears only once and it is hard to reach where did the file end up...
    When clicking on that notification it does open the folder but the downloaded file is not selected, this is a must.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Send to Teams option in Outlook

Like I can for Onenote I would like to send outlook emails into a section in Teams so all emails can be organized for a project

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I found how we can search our Saved content, with the command bar. Is there a way to group your saved Content, or maybe store them in folder

It is really cool that we can save our content.
    But, is there a way to group all your save content into different catergories? Or, maybe save your content files, to a shared folder in Teams, or SharePoint integration, plug in?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe InDesign cannot be viewed like other Adobe file types?

Unlike Photoshop and Illustrator files, InDesign files cannot be viewed in Teams. This is putting a damper on some CTE and district departments from fully adopting TEAMS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base