Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In teams under the tab "files" show all of the one drive channels one person is associated with.

In teams under the tab "files" show all of the one drive channels one person is associated with. The way teams is currently configured is if you recently went in to a file you could sort through the recent folder. but if you go under one drive it only shows your "personal" onedrive. Would be nice to be able to go into any of the teams you are assigned like you would if you were going through the website.

having the onedrive file broken out by teams allows the user to know which drive he/she is going into in order…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cartelle di documenti secondo il compito, non secondo lo studente

i files caricati dai ragazzi come consegna dei compiti si trovano ora raccolti in sharepoint come cartelle per ogni ragazzo. Trovo che sarebbe molto più utile avere delle cartelle per ogni compito come in google classroom. Questo permetterebbe di raccogliere poi i file dello stesso compito ad esempio per le pubblicazioni scolastiche, per la nostra raccolta di esempi per altre classi ecc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Handle attaching files with the same name more than one time

In my case I'm using the same name for screen captures. The images are different between attachments, but Teams thinks I'm attaching the same file and wants to go through a loop of 'file already exists, want to rename'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Delete limitation of characters to 218 in file/path names

Please delete the limitation of characters to 218 in file/ path names or at least set it to a higher number. There are a lot of sub folders and then it becomes quite time consuming/ tricky to name files to stay below the 218 characters. I do not see an advantage in this limitation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Share and collaborate fillable PDF

Share and collaborate on fillable PDF for teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change where a team channel's files save to

A button in the Teams file tab to change the default save location for file attachments in the channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add cloud storage option for Android

Would you please add cloud storage in android version? I.e. Google drive or other Dropbox, we transfer....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show downloads like Chrome/Chromium

Since teams is built on top of Chromium, I think it would be great to show downloads like Chrome does.

In fact, if you go to teams.microsoft.com and "Create Shortcut..." that opens a window, you get a version of the app the behaves exactly the way I would like the desktop application do. downloads are shown at the bottom of the window and can be easily open or dragged to desired locations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Move Files from one team files tab to another teams files tab

I have tried moving files from the files tab of one team to the files tab of another team and it doesn't seem to really work, the functionality is either missing or very clunky. It would be great if this was an easy straight forward process, right now, it's not, unless I'm missing something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow for Teams hosted files to rely on linked asset files also hosted on Teams easily (InDesign layout files for example)

We work with several Adobe Creative Cloud applications which rely on linked assets (not embedded in native application's document file), and have been unable to find a reliable workaround to allow us to link to asset files hosted on Teams.

We would love to have an easy way to navigate to Teams-hosted files using the Windows Explorer dialogue window.

For instance, we have a Docs folder on Teams with "LayoutDoc.indd" which relies on JPG files in a separate Assets folder (image1.jpg, image2.jpg, etc.) but there is no way to navigate to a Teams Files/folder location using WIndows Explorer.

We have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Android版でもファイルが見れるようにして欲しい

Android版でもファイルが見れるようにして欲しい

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fler tecken i filnamnen

Tillåt fler tecken i filnamnen. Tecknen tar alltid **** när man jobbar i projekt och det gör det svårt att begripa vad filer och mappar innehåller, när filnamnen är för korta och kryptiska.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow the limits for file storage to be increased for individual channels

Currently we are limited to 1 GB storage per channel in our Teams tenant. We would like to be able to allocate more storage to individual channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Select How To Open Different File Types By Default

the ability to open a specific file type in a specific manner.

Example: on the files tab, you have an excel file, if you single left-click the file, it opens within TEAMS. I would like to be able to change that to where the file opens directly to Excel instead of within TEAMS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. En algunos equipos, me aparece que el archivo de contenidos está vacío, pero cuando lo busco en mi computador, si están.

En algunos equipos, me aparece que el archivo de contenidos está vacío, pero cuando lo busco en mi computador, si están. Sin embargo me es más cómodo trabajar con la app desde mi tablet. Favor de arreglarlo por favor

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add ability to move files mentioned in conversations

Currently I am unable to move a file mentioned/posted in a conversation to a different folder or channel, but would very much like to in order to better comply with our data management.

I believe this limitation hasn't always existed but may have been implemented to patch the breaking of such links.

If file links were dynamic, the conversation mention could still view the file -- or a "this file has been moved" or "moved to ___" message could suffice.

Either way, I am currently still feeling largely limited by Teams file management functionality and would like to get these…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move the delete selection in Files to a lower position

The delete button is too close to the download button. it would not take much to click on this and lose files. Can it be moved further down the list ie the bottom

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Limit use of “Copy Link” functionality in Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の"リンクをコピー" 機能の利用を制限したい
    Limit use of “Copy Link” functionality in Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams の "リンクをコピー" 機能を制限することができない動作となっております。
    現状の動作では、ユーザーが任意に "リンクをコピー" 機能を利用できるため、運用上の問題となっております。
    そのため、"リンクをコピー" 機能を制限できる機能の拡張を要望します。

Currently, there is no way to restrict the “Copy Link” function in Microsoft Teams.
    Since that means that users can use it arbitrarily, it presents some issues in our operation.
    Therefore, I would like a way to restrict usage of this function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bestanden ook in de app zichtbaar maken, nu zijn ze alleen zichtbaar op de PC

Bestanden ook in de app zichtbaar maken, nu zijn ze alleen zichtbaar op de PC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base