Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Paste file from RDP

I would like to be able to copy a file on a RDP session and then paste it directly in my Teams chat window. Today I have to paste it locally on my desktop and then attach it to the Teams chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make link to a file independent of the folder or channel

We use teams for our software development department. We design use cases using Microsoft Word. We want to link to these documents from TFS, so that the developer can open the Word document from his task in the kanban view.
    The problem is that this link gets lost now when we move the file to a different folder or channel.
    Would it be possible to give each file a unique URL that doesn't change?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. D.I.S

a teaching tool that helps young people, children and adults who learn to maximize learning by using products that help the learner understand basic information while breaking down tougher information. the D.I.S is also used as a functioning part of skype, and other microsoft products which would help enumerable hours of learning cut down to short period of time. colorful, yet achievable personality functionality for education. also helps young people learn when education is slow by adding sound on the cloud and basic A.I through transitions that otherwise understand the user through a speaking point by point microphone. sound is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Upload files using share button from another apps on Android

My team is still using the old fashioned way to share files: by using Whatsapp chatgroups. I am often too lazy to use the desktop client just to share some files when I'm home. The current workflow is not too hard but it can be better by using the share button from Whatsapp. Unfortunately Microsoft Teams does'nt supported yet.

The second problem is, once I've uploaded files via chat on Teams, I can't move it elsewhere from the root directory right in the app. I have to use OneDrive to move files so it's not cluttered with random files shared…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. VCF File Handling

We send out VCF files to teams when we meet with vendors, which currently seem to be treated as generic files. It would be great if VCF files were indexed so that someone searching for a name or company name would not only find the file, but there would also be a preview pane for it that allows the user to add that contact to their Outlook. Currently it has to be downloaded and opened manually, which stinks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi, I would like to have in editig mode in MS teams for presentation option: "add section" and in general view section

Hi, I would like to have in editig mode in MS teams for presentation option: "add section" and in general view section. For now section is avilible only when we open presentation in Power Point

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Adding Cloud" is missing

Although I'm the admin, I'm not able to add a different Could Storage like as Google Drive. It doesn't show me the option.

I'm using the free version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Uploads are taking forever. Adobe etc.

Permit faster file transfers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please provide a way to download in a readable file format on a personal computer and save it

Please provide a way to download in a readable file format on a personal computer and save it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Office shareable to Teams

Please make it shareable to Teams from the sharing button on the right of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Onenote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. pictures

Upload multiple photos from desktop app and phone, in a single mutli-selection step. Easily adding multiple photos, then displaying them and allowing conversations would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1-control de cambios 2-ver en tiempo real quienes estan trabajando

1-control de cambios 2-ver en tiempo real quienes estan trabajando

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it easier to edit documents in Teams, it's more complicated than it needs to be

I don't have an idea how to make it easier to edit in Teams, but it is a huge pain to add a calendar from an Excel program and then try to edit it. When you open the file it's ginormous and difficult to navigate. Why is this? If you want this program to be successful, it needs to be simplified, please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Open Location option for Documents posted to Teams Channel

We use folders and sub-folders in the Files section of our various Teams channels. It would be convenient to open the file location (folder) via the "more attachment options" ellipsis next to a file being discussed in a channel.This would allow us to quickly view related files in the same folder / sub folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copy & Paste a link causes an error

Copy & Paste a link causes an error:
    If I go to files, select a document, click on "get link", copy it, paste it in an email and make it an hyperlink, the recipient of the email gets an error message "page not found".
    If I do the same but make a piece of text a hyperlink with this copied link, opening the link is successful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Group Chat

It's great that you can now choose how much history people you are adding to an existing group chat can see. Will there be the ability for them to see the files shared at some point as well?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have a problem with function "Include previous chat history"

New participant can't see history and can't added files (3 + more people in chat) .
    They have permanent statement (in attachment).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.