Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to open documents embedded with saved files

Add the ability to open documents embedded with saved files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow editing of PPTM files within Teams/Powerpoint online

Not even Powerpoint online will allow co-editing of PPTM files so it would need to be functionality added there first, then also allowed in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Cell phone mobile protection or option to not load teams through app when away from office

Looking for a solution for protecting team files from loading on mobile cell phones. Right now all teams and group files are loaded which could be a security risk. Such as when you are using your cell phone, but you walk into the office open your laptop - which is seen as mobile and has the app installed could access the files. Does this already exist? I have searched. Can the user control this or is it a deeper Admin function?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. assignments export

When I export the assignment report for a class there is no information about assignments of students which are not turned in or with a delay. Neither the date of the assignment is shown.
    So I have to ride down a note in every single feedback box.
    Please add the information "turned in"/ "not turned in"/ "delayed" and the dates to the export file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Word, Excel, CSV, PowerPoint Email Extractor

One Stop Solutions to Extract Email address From Word, Excel, CSV, PowerPoint & TXT, RTF format supported all windows office version.
    It is excellent apps to extract email address & Phone number within min also export all email address into txt & xls format

more detail visit us : https://www.kmttech.com/microsoft-office-email-phone-extractor.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Condivisione farraginosa

Far Modificare un file Excel da 30 persone con versioni differenti, e con devices differenti sta diventando lento e farraginoso.
    La risoluzione sta nel problema che ho esposto.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sending files from teams via outlook

It would be good to have a function for sending files from teams directly to outlook. for example right click on file and send via outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable editing function of files which stored in the cloud storage

We can’t edit files which added to the cloud storage such as Box due to the current limitation. It can be opened as read-only mode. It would be great if I could edit those files by opening them from the Files section in the left side pane in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Uploading selected files as attachments from the cloud storage in the private chat

I would like to use the Attach button in the private chat conversation to select and upload files from the cloud storage such as Box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support for playing video files from Files

We record short video files (for instance from a smartphone) and store it in the Files tab in a channel. The problem is that the files are not playable directly in teams.
    For instance, to view a .mov-file it requires download to PC or device (or upload to YouTube or Stream) in order to view it.
    That is way too cumbersome.

To keep up as an innovative app, locally stored video files should be playable directly in the Teams app (both desktop and iOS/Android.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PDF ファイルをもっと手軽に参照したい。

PDF ファイルをオンラインで表示する際、現在はブラウザーが起動し、認証を経てからでないと表示できません。
    Teams アプリのまますぐに参照できるようになるとうれしいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix bug with automatic name switch on re-saved files

Excel files that are re-saved under a different name switch document name with the original file.

This happens regularly: I opened an Excel file with name "201905" and resaved it as "201906" with a slightly different content. After a while suddenly I had both files open on my desktop and the original file and my edited file had changed names. Thus the edited file was named 201905, however, this is supposed to be the original file. Creates potential significant issues when not aware of it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Select multiple files for upload to chat

on mobile devices (android) it is possible to share files only one by one while chat. additional while selecting a new file it is not visible to see, what files are already in chat.
    it should be possible to select multiple file in one folder to share them at one step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rename "Cloud Storage" shortcuts

Add the functionality to rename a could storage shortcut in the Files tab. We often use this feature but in the majority of the cases it's not necessary to see the name of the site of the connected library and in some it causes the name you want the user to see to be cut off. The attachment shows a long site name prevents from seeing what the library name is (after the underscore). Most of the time we're adding another library on the same site so it's redundant to show the site name anyway. It would be extremely helpful…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Links don't work in Channel files

Use Case: In my channel folder in the SharePoint Share Documents Library, I have added a link to another library in the site. When I view the channel documents from within TEAMS->Files, I am unable to view the library. It says it doesn't have a preview and I must download it....but, obviously download isn't the solution and, beside, downloading didn't work anyway.

Seems to me that whatever is in the channel folder should work, a file, a link, whatever.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable clickable web links in the Teams Assignment feedback area, to streams, suggested research sources.

Enable clickable web links in the Teams Assignment feedback area, to streams, suggested research sources

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)