Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharepoint view

Add the option to use SharePoint views from the document library in SharePoint sites.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File download with Drag & Drop

I really miss drag & drop within downloading files. I need to put project files to folder accorded to project. Without drag & drop I have to go to downloaded files folder first, and then move files to the project folder. So annoyin'. Gmail allows D&D attachment files.
    I also miss possibility to download all attached files at once. Again, Gmail can do it.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folders inside of channels' file section

Folders inside of the Files section of a channel would be handy

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Just click on “Files” tab from inside the channel, and then click the “New” button. A drop down will appear — select “Folder”.

4. Class Materials folder access on mobile app - both Android and iOS

At present, the automatically created 'Class Materials' folder, and any other linked folder or special folder in a Teams files tab is not available through the mobile app for Android or iOS.

This presents a problem for teachers posting class materials, as students can't access them on the device they are most likely to use - mobile phone.

We'd like to see all content in the files tab available through the Android and iOS mobile app, specifically and most importantly for us, the 'Class Materials' folder.

The 'Class Materials' folder provides essential functionality for a teacher to share resources that…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shorten Default "Files" URL from "Shared Documents" to "Docs"

This suggestion actually affects the underlying SharePoint service in addition to Teams.

The underlying URL for the default "Documents" document library in SharePoint is "Shared Documents", which in a URL is actually "Shared%20Documents" as spaces cannot exist in URLs and must be handled with the %20 character substitution.

This means that instead of being able to send a nice clean human readable URL to a file like:
    https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/Marketing/Docs/Collateral/design.docx

We end up with:
    https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/Marketing/Shared%20Documents/Collateral/design.docx

This is confusing for users.

I would even go so far as to request that every time a user attempts to create a folder or file name…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Recover assignment after accidential deletion

I would be great if an assignment can be restored after an accidental deletion.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Posted Moved File Handling

When a file is moved or renamed after it has been uploaded and posted to a channel, the link referenced in the conversation in that channel never gets updated, therefore leaving a broken link with an existing conversation.
    If Teams is intelligent enough to post the file to the channel, and handles the move, it should be able to find and update the posted locations in the channels.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. File Opening

When someone sends a file in a team thread or an individual chat, the person opening the file has to download it. You should be able to open the file directly from the chat thread.

Currently, you download the file and then it disappears--you have to go find and open it from your desktop's Downloads folder. The files should open the same way they open in Outlook--double click the file and it launches the appropriate application and displays the file.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Upload files by Copy & Paste from other applications

Transferring files from Outlook (or other applications that are handling files) is quite annoying. I have to Copy & Paste them to a local drive space (for example Desktop) and then upload the file to Teams.
    It would be much easier if the Teams app would handle the Clipboard.
    Then a simple right-click-"Copy" within Outlook and a right-click-Paste within Teams app would transfer files.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shared folders

Allow to enter the shared folders on One drive! Otherwise its useless to use teams if i have no access to folders which are shared with me

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Save email attachment directly to a Team

Using Outlook on the web I can save an attachment to ODB, locally, or preview. It's important for user adoption of Teams to be able to save directly to the Teams SP site in the appropriate folder.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hyperlinks for servers/network drives

When I post a link to an internal page/file, or a network location it does not turn into a hyperlink - the edit dialog displays "invalid URL".
    Please disable URL checks to allow any sort of hyperlink - just like in Outlook.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable search for OneDrive files

Currently, when I perform a search for a file in my OneDrive for Business account, it does not display in the search results. I would like for a search in Teams to surface my OneDrive files alongside other files shared within teams.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show all Content Types in 'New' dropdown from Files tab

When adding additional content types to a SharePoint library surfaced in a Files tab in Teams, the content types do not appear under the 'New' option inside the Files tab in Teams. They do appear in SPO.

In this example a new Content Type based on a Word file template has been added to the Document Library called 'Decision paper'. Here's what that looks like:
    From the Files tab: https://i.imgur.com/uEzVHwV.png
    From SharePoint: https://i.imgur.com/JRhLovZ.png

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Channels in Teams should be able to link to specific Sharepoint sub-directories in Files.

Channels in Teams should be able to link to specific Sharepoint sub-directories in Files. If Sharepoint was set up first, it can have a directory per category (what are now channels). Specific Channels should be able to link to these directories.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Markdown Mermaid and Plant-uml support

When creating a markdown-diagram with mermaid- or Plant UML-syntax, Teams doesn't provide a preview.
    It would be nice if teams converted the syntax using the open source libraries

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. limit of file + folder name is 150 character, please enable longer names

limit of file + folder name is 150 character, please enable longer names and deeper folder structure

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Send uploaded files immoderately. Currently you have to wait downloading and then press Send button

When you drag-and-drop a file in edit message area, the file begins to upload. When the file will be uploaded, message which contains the file will not be send automatically. You have to wait for uploading and then press the Send button to make other person possibility to view or download the file.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Open in Microsoft Publisher

Currently there is no way to directly open a Microsoft Publisher file from teams. If you click on a .pub file your options are to download it or open it in SharePoint (which then takes you to a site to download Publisher).

It would be great if the same button sets that appear when you click on a Word of Excel document appears so that it shows "Open in Publisher".

I understand there is currently no Publisher viewer but if the option was there to directly open in Publisher than that would be enough.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. track changes

Ability to view Track Changes pane in word online when viewing in teams

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)