Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Syncing with an external or guest account

"Syncing with an external or guest account" is currently not supported by OneDrive - our company works extensively with external suppliers and we MUST be able to provide a cloud storage option with syncing by adding guest users to our MS Teams. Please add the function for Microsoft Accounts, added as guest to business MS Teams, to sync Team / Sharepoint files and folders.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically send files if they finish uploading.

When sending a file I have to wait for it to be uploaded before I can send it. Why don't send it but keep it uploading? It´s a waste of time. I don't won't to wait. It's frustrating.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Download Folders

Let me download the whole folder! Instead I have to click on each file and download. Open other folders, download those files, then come out and into another folder and download files and then out and in again... it's very irritating. Why can't I download the root folder as a zip or something?

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connect General Channel to all root folders in SharePoint Site

A little nuance when creating a Team from an existing group is that the SharePoint files which were associated with that group are not available immediately. This is due to the fact that each Channel creates a folder in the document library so the 'General' channel creates an empty folder called 'General'. To get existing files into the Team you have to create Channels with the same name as the root level SharePoint folders.

This is pretty confusing for our users and takes significant time / creates a lot of unnecessary channels when people have a lot of root folders.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More option for columns in files

Please give the option to show more columns in files.
    Actually you only have the columns "Type, Name, Date, Name, Size".

Same as you can do in SharePoint.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sync files from PC or Mac directly to Team folders / channels via Finder or Windows Explorer

Allow users to sync files from Windows PC or Mac directly to Teams folders / channels via Finder or Windows explorer. The current process is quite slow and laborious with the amount of steps one has to take in order to save files or share them.

OneDrive does this presently, but only for individuals. My team is looking for a SHARED drive where we can all save and send files and folders for our campaigns directly to the Teams folder via Sites - but the current process requires users to first save to their desktop and drag into the Teams…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create document based on a template

There is no ability to assign a document template to a team/document library.
    A great functionality would be that a seperate document library could be assigned which contains all the document templates to choose from (Other site).
    These templates can then be managed with the same functionality of SharePoint, but the published documents can then be used as a template to start your document.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Alphabetical ordering of Folders under "Files"

I need to click to sort the folders under "Files" as they are scrambled every time I access the "Files" tab.

Thanks!

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Recover assignment after accidential deletion

I would be great if an assignment can be restored after an accidental deletion.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Delete files from Recent

It would be nice if it was possible to delete files directly from "Recent" under the Files tab

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Drag and Drop email

Add ability to drag and drop an entire email into the app, or flag an email and have the thread accessible in the app

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SharePoint tabs should include ability to show folders and views

The SharePoint tab is extremely limited, being able to only show a whole library. It needs to be able to show folders, and/or be configured to show views of a library. Especially for organisations using metadata to shape views, so relevant portions of centralised resources can be displayed in a Teams tab.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow sync with password manager within Teams (like Keepass/LastPass)

As the tought of MS Teams is, that you manage all data from a company within Teams we need an Password manager app or connector that could be linked in several TEAMs or Channels which would work with sso. Personally i think we should be able to migrate all our existing Data/Software to Teams. But actually we as company have to get some third party vendors and an external application.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Specific Sharepoint File or Folder Links in "Add cloud storage" Files Tab Option

Currently when I add a document (Excel, Word, etc) link (URL) under a channels File tab (which can only be done if I "Open in SharePoint") to another Sharepoint document in a different Teams site (giving appropriate users permissions to access) it tries to open the URL and says it can't preview. The person first has to click the Files tab, click "Open in Sharepoint", then click on the URL link. An alternative to this request is to allow direct file links in the "Add cloud storage" option under the files tab. Right now it gives access to the entire…

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. File Tab doesn't restore previous sort applied to files

Files Tab does not restore previous sort applied to files. I start the name of my folders with numbers to preserve sort order. Every time I visit the tab the files are out of order because they are using a default sort order (created date?) I would suggest maintaining the last sort on every files tab so end users do not have to sort every time they visit the tab. Hope this feedback helps!.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. drag and drop files into folder in the files section

Id love to be able to drag and drop files into the right folder under files. there is no move functionality today.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. track changes to documents

New to this so hope I'm not missing a feature that's already there.
    Can't seem to find a way to track changes made by individual team members to documents as we do with MS Word out of the box.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. External Chat File share

We need the ability to file share directly in chat with external users.

For context:
    I have a team of contract BI developers working to build out our BI system. We often have the need to pass large files back and forth, which prohibits email use. Previously, in Skype for Business, we could drop files into the chat and pass the files directly to the person that needed it. We need this capability back - the current work-arounds for file transfer are significantly more complicated and will end up wasting a decent amount of time in the future.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Removal of the General folder from the document library

I think having a folder in the document library (called General) complicates what should be a simple experience.

You can save email attachments to Office 365 groups and that list includes the Teams you have access to.

However if you save a file to a team, the file is saved to the document library, but not inside the 'General' folder.

This makes sense, however it means that you cannot see the files saved, from the Teams interface - unless you create a new view, to see the parent directory... which would be a bit silly really.

Being able to save…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. File download with Drag & Drop

I really miss drag & drop within downloading files. I need to put project files to folder accorded to project. Without drag & drop I have to go to downloaded files folder first, and then move files to the project folder. So annoyin'. Gmail allows D&D attachment files.
    I also miss possibility to download all attached files at once. Again, Gmail can do it.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base