Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I cannot see the preview of uploaded image when I'm using teams so I cannot even upload text or file related with image..

I cannot see the preview of uploaded image my coworker send and I cannot even upload text or file which is including a image..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Files tab opens in the general folder rather than the root of the Teams OneDrive

The Teams Files tab opens in the 'General' subfolder rather than the root of the Teams OneDrive folder so I have to create a second Files tab in each team to access the existing Teams files. Can navigation be added so you can go up one level rather than having to open in Sharepoint to get access to this navigation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remember my location within the files for each team

I work on many different clients as a consultant. This requires me to regularly switch between clients. When using SharePoint on the web, I just switch tabs and it brings me to where I left off in the file hierarchy for that team. It would be great if I could switch between teams in the Teams app without losing my place in each file hierarchy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Anyone have issues with files being locked and unable to move or delete? Any guidance on what I may be doing wrong?

Anyone have issues with files being locked and unable to move or delete? Any guidance on what I may be doing wrong?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auto Save back to SharePoint

Like in SharePoint, if you open a file from SharePoint, it typically saves back to SharePoint.

I use a program called Storyline to develop eLearning. I can open the File from a SharePoint site and the changes are saved back to SharePoint, but I cannot do this from Files in Teams. Therefore, I have to download the File, make edits and then manually reupload the File. Sometimes, I forget to do the final reupload and so my Files tab doesn't have the most current version.

Please enable Teams to have the same features as SharePoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Problems with editing large documents

When I edit a large document in Word ONLINE, I have problems with the lines that divide the sheets, the lines moves up or down and unconfigure the document. It is a waste of time to edit an ONLINE document. My suggestion is that as much as possible, fix this problem because if we can not edit large documents in WORD Online, then is not worth it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Opening individually files in zip archive

In Teams you are able to share zip files and see what it is inside, but it is not possible to open the files inside the zip file without downloading the zip file to the computer.

It would be very useful to be able to open the files inside a zip file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. file history as it used to be implemented in Microsoft Outlook Journal

Note: Previous versions of Outlook included an automatic journal feature which tracked documents opened in other Microsoft Office applications and Windows. This feature isn’t available in Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/track-actions-in-journal-31dcbfc2-fafb-4a0d-9396-aee35a9a97fe

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. attacchments in thick client only allows Link or Sharepoint

Unable to attached local files; This works form the web client

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Quick access to finding file locations from conversations

The conversations tab needs a way to quickly find the source file location by right clicking or clicking the more options dots. For instance, if you want to know where a file that is shared in conversations is stored in the SharePoint you should be able to right click and get the source folder. This would be especially helpful when linking in external SharePoints.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. pdf shown in Teams shows corrupted

The pdf shown in teams show the text in horrible quality. But when you open the pdf the text is fine. So the render engine in teams is not doing a good job. I attached the pdf and a screenshot of how it looks in Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Download all Recordings

Hello, I join a lot of meetings and at times I need to go back and replay parts of them. At the moment, it is time consuming for me to go back and replay a recorded meeting because I need to access its channel first, i.e. I need to remember when it was (or its name), click on its chat section, scroll through until I find it.

Is there a better way to consume a list of all recordings for me to choose and replay? Or a "download all" function of all the recorded meetings I've been into? That would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Default template when creating a Word/PowerPoint document in Teams

I suggest to give the possibility to the owner of a Team to set a template as default for new files created in the Team, instead of creating standard blank documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to know when users downloaded a file that I posted. This lets me know if the information is valuable

I would like you to build a table of the users that have downloaded a file that was posted. It is a log of when it was downloaded. I would like this metadata to determine if the file that I created is valuable based upon the number and who download it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Double click to edit, or edit by default, for documents and spreadsheets in Teams

I find it frustrating having to click Edit to make quick edits to documents shared in teams. For some reason this is particularly aggravating when working with spreadsheets.

Please enable either double-click to edit or automatically open documents as editable by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. powershell scripts

We store a lot of powershell scripts in Teams for collaborative use. It sure would be nice to be able to edit scripts from within teams without having to download them and the upload when complete.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unified view accross files within team

Being member of several teams in the company, it is very frustrating that each channel of each team has its own independent Files view.
    Without ability to search through the files, it happens on a daily basis, that different team members are storing the same file, or different versions of the same file across different Files folders, and Files structure becomes very quickly cluttered and inconsistent.
    Even I understand the security approach, where each team can have some files, which should be kept as private for the team members, I don't understand, why the single Files view is not applied…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hi, I have MS Teams in both my Company Surface Pro and Samsung J7 mobile phone. I need to acces files at homes

It is very strange, I can see all files from my mobile phone. However from my Surface Pro cannot get to sub/subfolders. I can go to subfolder under main folder, but doesn't open files in these subfolders. I have to make amendments on them today on Sunday and make available for Monday morning, do not know where and how to get support.
    If anyone responds here, please ensure I got notification in email provided below
    Zaur

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams files show in Recent Items under the Outlook Attach File Option

It would be nice if Teams was linked to outlook so that when I view a file in Teams, It shows up in the Attach File, Recent Items button in Outlook. Right now to share a file as a copy from teams you have to open in SharePoint or save the file to the computer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 添付ファイルの検索

チャットで使用した添付ファイルのファイル名を入れても検索できないので添付ファイルも検索の対象にして欲しい。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.