Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crate photo album

As group conversation, quite often need photo as quickest communication. But not able to find in teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow files dropped in a channel to go to a specific (sub)directory

A typical use case is to share files, or very often, screenshots by simply dropping them in the channel. Via the "channel" tab then, not via the "files" tab.

The result is that all these files will clutter the "root" directory of the channel and will thus make the Sharepoint file directory a complete mess.

The proposal is to
    - allow the administrator to specify where the files that are dropped on a channel will go. For example "default is root of the channel's Sharepoint directory", it could be changed to a directory name "***" ('Dropbox' would be my choice)…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add, delete files in teams from iOS app

The ability to upload files to teams and delete files from teams using the iOS app. Hence, full file management support equal to the desktop version of Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support .one file type in Microsoft Teams

I know it is not recommended to use .one file, which is OneNote’s section file, in terms of OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online capabilities. However, it would be great if I could upload/use .one file in Microsoft Teams.

The reason is that we are using specific .one files as we divide the capacity into small size for per section file in our operation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A feature to notify users that a file is uploaded when creating a team

I would like you to implement a feature to send a notification about file uploads to users when we create a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Discuss this file

When editing a file in teams, or locating one in the search bar, it should be possible to select an option called "Discuss this file" where you could tag others in a chat.

I'm currently having to get a link to the file, start the chat, post the link into the chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Access to the Box in the cloud storage

Currently, when I login to Teams with account A and click Files > Add cloud storage > Box, then I can log in the added Box if I use the account A. When I use the account B and try to access the Box, it does not work. So, I would like you to allow any accounts to login to the added Box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. bold channel when files is changed

If team members edit or add new files to the SharePoint of a channel, there should be a possibility to make channel text bold like in other activity in the channel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. restrict files access

Ability to control who will have access to specific files or folders within a channel.

Example:
    You have created a team called "Workplace Coach" which is private (or even public). This team has multiple channels as follows:

- Runway Closure
    - Progress Report
    - Check-In Training
    - Gates Training
    -Up Coming Events
    - Image and Uniform Audits

Let's say you have your manager (as the owner of the team) and it has 20 members. Your manager instructed each team members to submit their own individual progress report in a folder under "Progress Report Channel". Each team members should have the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable different teams to access/edit same documents.

When user upload/update document in one team, it should reflect the update in other teams for that document

Enable different teams to access/edit same documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow custom icons for files

It would be nice if file folders could have customizable icons, instead of the generic "folder".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove the "We're opening <Filename> in <program>. Feel free to keep using Microsoft Teams." prompt.

As a user, I selected the option to open the file in the external program. I don't need a prompt letting me know that Teams did what I just told it to do. If I'm openning multiple files, that just means I have an extra click for every single one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable teams owned Sway.

Enable teams owned Sway. So created Sways can live on in the organisation despite who created the Sway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make adding files in Teams on the iPad intuitive.

Collaborating in files is a key feature we use in Teams and on an iPad it is not easy or intuitive. This is a major roadblock to iPad / Teams usage for us.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow documents to be shared cross teams

Sometimes the same documents are used but are accessible to different groups of users. It would be great if the documents can be accessible to different teams without creating a new copy. Otherwise there will be a lot of duplicates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to fill in required metadata in the File Tab from Teams

Please make this option available in the Files tab in Teams, also when linking to other SharePoint document libraries this option would be nice to have!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Attachment process

The attachment process is the worst I have seen, it takes significantly longer to attach anything compared to slack, you have to wait for the painfully slow upload to finish to be able to press send, you can make it much better by copying what slack does, just upload the file and no need to press send, let it upload automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The Recycle bin required

We can’t restore deleted items after sign-out from Teams, and general users can’t see the items. It might be possible to delete items accidentally, so I would ask you to implement the recycle bin function to restore deleted items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Feature that can upload files from Teams to SharePoint Online directly

For OneDrive, we can upload files directly from Teams desktop client by clicking Files on the left side pane. Likewise, I would like to upload files on SharePoint Online from Teams client directly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.