Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is there a file size limit?

I keep trying to upload a zip file (105,622KB). I do not get an error message, but I am getting an empty file in out files list. It just says that the size is 0.00 Bytes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save documents directly into Channels/Teams

Need to be able to browse Teams and channels that I'm a member of from the Save As menu.

I have favourited many channels that I need visibility of and have followed a large number of sites and channels, however there is no option to view them all when trying to save to a SharePoint site. At the moment I have to save to desktop and then upload them to the required Channel

Not such an issue from 3rd party products (although desirable) but to not be able to do this from Office is bizarre. I don't want Word to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make files available off-line. It’s SharePoint! Let us check out files!

I must work off-line frequently. Where is the ability to check out files, or to sync changes?!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. space bar ≠ download

Pressing spacebar when previewing an image or file should NOT download that file. If I wanted to download a file, I would press the download button, not the same quick key for page scrolling or previewing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hard Link support

Add the ability to create hard links for a single document. This would allow that single document to appear in multiple Teams channels.

Example - A Visio document outlining a business process which crosses multiple disciplines and each discipline has its own MS Teams channel. We wouldn't want each channel to have a unique copy of the Visio doc, rather we'd want each channel to have a hard link to a singular common document on the backend.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chat

When sharing a document in teams, sometimes you get the opiotn to chat, which opens right next to the document which is nice but sometimes it's not there and you lose the ability to see the document you are referencing as you are chatting about it.

Please keep the chat option available consistently.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share from OneDrive as view only in a chat

What you share a file from OneDrive in a private chat they always grant Read/Right permissions. It would be useful to be able to share as Read Only

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "apply to all" on file replace

When replacing uploaded files, it becomes tedious to hit "Replace" repeatedly. A simple "Apply to all" button would make life blissful so we can all go have cocktails or whatnot.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. By adding the possibility of attaching local files from my pc instead of only alow to attach links and sharepoints (in the app version)

By adding the possibility of attaching local files from my pc instead of only alow to attach links and sharepoints (this functionality is available online but it doesn't work in the app).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. To Prevent Hitting the Limit of # of Teams, Archive Team, then Archive Files in SharePoint, Delete Team

Glad to see the ability to Archive a Team added, but we assume this does not subtract from the limit of 250 Teams per person ('Limits and specifications for Microsoft Teams'). Therefore, after we Archive in Teams, we need to archive the Team's files in SharePoint for later access, and delete the actual Team. This is extremely important to us.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Several basic functions are missing

Look to Telegram and pick up good ideas. Teams is missing several functions, ie. showing that a message has been read, possibility to send video-files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Download to a specific foler

Download files from Teams to the "Downlaod" folder is not always a good idea. we end up always cutting he file from that folder and pasting it into our desired folder.

Would be good to have the option of selecting the destination folder for any download. this will allow eliminate the need for a cut and past and improve user experience

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to duplicate groups

Each time I open up my Group 10B's Content Library the folders are not in the order I left them. This is very frustrating. It stays in the correct order for ALL my other classes except this one. If it were easy to copy files over to another group I would delete the 10B Group and start a new one. There should be a way to duplicate an entire group as I am a school teacher and have more than 1 class as a Group on Teams, which need the same files. If I could duplicate a group and rename…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Android App: Cannot Add new Tab (e.g.OneNote) to Channel

I Cannot Add new Tab (e.g.OneNote) to Channel in Teams App.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. saving documents directly to tasks from emails (and to edit the name of the file)

Why can't I saving documents directly to tasks from emails and be able to edit the name of the file before saving?

Why do I have to save it in a file first on my desk top... twice the work..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. テキストファイルの編集・閲覧

テキスト形式のファイルをTeams Desktopで閲覧・編集できると助かります。現在はブラウザが起動するので。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve the behavior when opening PDF previews in Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams won’t show the PDF preview if the PDF file contains unsupported characters. As a walkaround, this can be resolved by embedding the font when creating a PDF file to be shared in Microsoft Teams. It would be great if you could increase supported text fonts and provide us some public documents detailed about which fonts are available on the preview in Microsoft Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search into OneNote files should highlight the search terms in OneNote page

When typing a search expression in Teams, if a file like OneNote has that search term, when clicked and opened it should open the page with that term, highlight it, and then have the option to use Next or F3 to each reference of that term.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. File Management

Change the default file storage location either Dropbox or One Drive. Currently Dropbox and One Drive can be used as add-ons but should be able to use them as defaults for all channels.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. deleting a word doc

anyone else having an issue deleting word docs from Teams

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)