Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File, Sharepoint and OneDrive sync

When I change the name of a channel within a team, the sharepoint folder where the associated files are stored name does not change within the files tab, and if I am syncing those folders to my desktop via sharepoint and onedrive, changing the name of that folder on my desktop folder breaks the link with those files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Uploading options for Microsoft Teams mobile app

I would like to use the OneDrive or Browse Teams and Channels options in Microsoft Teams mobile app when uploading a file in Teams chat group. These options can be used in Teams desktop app but not in mobile app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pin folders

It would be nice if we could pin folders and files to the top instead of having the order rearranged every time you edit or upload something.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In Files, Link to external files stored on regular network drive

I would like the posibility to keep all files conected to a case/project in one location (Teams/channelXYZ/Files ) but some a few files can not be stored in Teams for (lets say for ) security reasons. They are stored on a traditional Windows server on-site.

But I want/need it to show up in my teams/files.

in order for my users to have a single location to look.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable teams owned Sway.

Enable teams owned Sway. So created Sways can live on in the organisation despite who created the Sway.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Missing function to delete file

Hello Microsoft Teams team. At application MS Team at iOS I miss function delete file. At win desktop version this function are available. Regards

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Recycle bin required

We can’t restore deleted items after sign-out from Teams, and general users can’t see the items. It might be possible to delete items accidentally, so I would ask you to implement the recycle bin function to restore deleted items.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow file store to be re-directed to Sharepoint document library

Please could you allow us to link the 'files' tab to an existing Sharepoint document library directly, rather than just allowing a link to be pasted into the tab. This mean that the team owner can force the team members to save all their files on a Sharepoint document library rather than in the teams library. We have an issue in our organisation with teams being set up all over the place, and no central document store, meaning that if a team is deleted, there's a risk that a lot of documentation is lost.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Users to know who locks a file

I'm trying to delete a file and it is "locked". Allow user to know who is "locking"the files

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More than 1 OneDrive account

Linked to the previous feedback regarding linking office and personal account, I think that would be great to be able to integrate more than one OneDrive account. For example, I have a licensed 365 business pack but have Microsoft Teams Free as some people in my company don't, and therefore the Microsoft Teams Free was directly linked to my personal OneDrive and not with my business OneDrive. I think this situation is very common and shared by many people. It's really something missing to make the platform absolutely perfect

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto Save back to SharePoint

Like in SharePoint, if you open a file from SharePoint, it typically saves back to SharePoint.

I use a program called Storyline to develop eLearning. I can open the File from a SharePoint site and the changes are saved back to SharePoint, but I cannot do this from Files in Teams. Therefore, I have to download the File, make edits and then manually reupload the File. Sometimes, I forget to do the final reupload and so my Files tab doesn't have the most current version.

Please enable Teams to have the same features as SharePoint.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create new file within Chat

Sorry if this is suggested already but it would be nice to create new file within a Chat. Ideally, it should be just like within a Channel. Currently you have to create a file elsewhere then copy it into a chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open non-Office files locally when synced in OneDrive

When viewing files thru Teams that are synced locally to OneDrive, the current options are "Open online" and "Open in SharePoint".

Open online prompts for downloading the file from Sharepoint.
    Open in SharePoint opens the document library in a browser tab.
    But neither actually opens the file.

This request is to add another option to "Open synced file" directly from the Teams desktop app. Obviously this would be harder to accomplish with the browser version, but the desktop version should integrate better with OneDrive for Business and know whether a file is synced locally. We work with a lot of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Download all Recordings

Hello, I join a lot of meetings and at times I need to go back and replay parts of them. At the moment, it is time consuming for me to go back and replay a recorded meeting because I need to access its channel first, i.e. I need to remember when it was (or its name), click on its chat section, scroll through until I find it.

Is there a better way to consume a list of all recordings for me to choose and replay? Or a "download all" function of all the recorded meetings I've been into? That would…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete file from Files tab on iphone

Please add function to delete file from Files tab. (iPhone app) Gives only two options: 1. Open 2. Share

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make file management not terrible

Really like Teams, except that File management in Teams & OneDrive is really weird and horrible

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Possibility to unlock a file to delete it or rename it

Everytime I try to rename or delete a file it says that it can't be done because it is locked.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dropbox Sign-in broken.

When logging into Dropbox on the files tab under a team space or in the main files tab on the right the sign in never occurs successfully. The Dropbox login screen comes up and I can enter username and password but it does not complete successfully after clicking the Sign in button. The spinner appears but after several minutes the screen disappears and I am prompted to sign in to Dropbox again.

I posted this in a technet forum and found that another person had a similar issue and recommended that I post the problem here. See:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9b75741d-d7b2-4671-8ae4-9428698b6a11/teams-cloud-storage-dropbox-sign-in-will-not-work?forum=msteams

I am…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. flexible frame size for file search results in Teams

Make the frame width flexible for the file search results in Teams.
    Now it is not possible to see exactly what file one is dealing with when the identifying part of the filename is behind the x-th character. (see screenshot)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Files listing with a real (absolute) timestamp, and with the correct "Modified By"

"Yesterday", "1h ago", etc isn't so helpful. I know I downloaded something at 15:47 PM. Is the file on teams newer than this? I either need to go through the forensics of file comparisons to answer this, or interrupt the person who uploaded it to ask them -- if I can figure out who actually uploaded it, in contrast to the person indicated in the GUI.

(Using Desktop -- can't find anywhere to determine the version).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base