Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shared Files not on phone

Can't see OneNote shared in Teams channel. Can see on PC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't paste Teams file link to Skype IM chat!

If I copy any link from Teams and try to ping this to a colleague on Skype IM chat (to avoid another email for them) - I get the error "this message is too long". Either make the urls shorter coming out of teams or fix the Skype end of things please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share OneDrive Files and Display them as Online Files in the chat window

I share files in OneDrive all the time. But to do this in Teams means I need to copy and paste a link (now I can't see the files I have shared in Teams with person x, just links) or download the file and share it (now I have multiple files and defeat the whole point of OneDrive).

Solution: When I share a link to a OneDrive file I want Teams to recognize it as such and treat it just like a file but display it with a little cloud icon (see attached proposal)

Now I can use OneDrive for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to drag and drop folders and files to move/organize channels

It would be immensely helpful if Teams allowed you to drag/drop files AND folders (without going to the menu > Move function). Our team is constantly creating and managing new versions of documents, so being able to quickly move outdated version to old is CRITICAL. I want to make Teams work for my team, but need basic items like this considered. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. view files shared with me

I would like to be able to see files that have been shared with me within Teams' Files view. OneDrive for Business on the web has a 'shared with me' view. It would be nice to have this within Teams as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show how many files are present in a channel or folder

Our users use templates to create a Team, but its not clear whether there is a document in a channel or folder. Some way, show how many documents are in a channel or folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Share a Link - One and Done

Users often send a link to a non-member since this is the fastest way to share a document with a non-user. Problem is receiver needs to re-ask for permission. Delete this step since user has already given this permission when sending the link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a Team selecting files from other Teams

Users want to be able to group all of their similar decks, such as Proposals, in one place, as well as have them appear in their appropriate Teams. Provide a new feature under Join or create a Team. Add 'Create a Team selecting files from other Teams'. Possibly use the Files listed in the very left navigation bar, user searches for desired files, selects them, Team is formed with those files already in place in the General channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PDF Files inside Teams

Users need to convert our internal documents to PDFs to send them to our clients, and save these PDFs in Teams. This is a very frequent work flow. In Teams, in the Files tab, select multiple docs to PDF, click on new feature in ellipsis 'PDF and email', new email opens with PDFs as attachments, and PDFs are also saved in the original Files tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Who's talking about my document?

When I'm on a document in SharePoint I'd like to click the 'details' and get a list of all the Yammer posts and Teams posts this document has been linked in.

This way - from the document, I can launch to conversations that have been talking about it, and thus get more context.

I recall my old blog used to gather pages from the web that linked to each post. This way at the end of my blog post there would be links to webpages/blogs that have linked to that post

I think it was called "trackbacks" or "incoming links" …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sending files is awful and the history of sent file is even worse - no preview of the files and files with the same name overrides the old

Sending files is awful and the history of sent file is even worse - no preview of the files and files with the same name overrides the old

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. document security

Using Teams and SharePoint\OneDrive I can have a subset of folders attached to a team, with one folder secured to only a few users in the team. This all works. But I can 'start a conversation' on a document in the secured folder and this creates a channel thread that all users can see. They can't open the document but they can see the file name, and all the comments. This is a HUGE security hole as I am able to present secured information to unauthorized users. Chats attached to secured documents should only be visible to people with permissions…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want the function to extract the contents of the conversation with a text file etc.

I want the function to extract the contents of the conversation with a text file etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. document conversations

I find it frustrating having open a document in order to add a conversation/comment. It would make sense that this would be accessible from the ellipse menu in the File/list window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. pasting image into chat should automatically resolve naming collisions

I take a lot of screenshots of Outlook and certain web pages (such as a web-app we're developing) and paste them into Teams. The screen capture tool I use always pulls the browser tab's name (so FuseKit in my case) as the name of the image.

What happens is that when I paste this into Teams, there are all of a sudden like 20 naming collisions as it tries to insert it as FuseKit, FuseKit (1), FuseKit (2), etc.

I'd love a way to either just say 'give it a unique name', or have it . pick some other random…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Files show inconsistent list on Windows vs. Android

Files on Windows shows linked SharePoint libraries' folders. Files on Android app just shows empty list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base