Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PDF Files inside Teams

Users need to convert our internal documents to PDFs to send them to our clients, and save these PDFs in Teams. This is a very frequent work flow. In Teams, in the Files tab, select multiple docs to PDF, click on new feature in ellipsis 'PDF and email', new email opens with PDFs as attachments, and PDFs are also saved in the original Files tab.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. document security

Using Teams and SharePoint\OneDrive I can have a subset of folders attached to a team, with one folder secured to only a few users in the team. This all works. But I can 'start a conversation' on a document in the secured folder and this creates a channel thread that all users can see. They can't open the document but they can see the file name, and all the comments. This is a HUGE security hole as I am able to present secured information to unauthorized users. Chats attached to secured documents should only be visible to people with permissions…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to send/push a notification to all team members when a file is uploaded or updated

Currently, there are no notifications for file changes or new uploads. The ability to push a notification rather than requiring someone to follow a channel would be helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SharePoint Site Locked / No Access

We currently have a process that if users have not used their SharePoint site in a long time we set the site to no access which causes Teams to show a generic message: "You don't have access to these files".

We would like the Teams app to show a custom page or use the redirect we use for SharePoint sites with no access.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Preventing broken links of files on Teams/SharePoint

When I share a link with someone from a file on Teams/SharePoint it'll break if I rename the file or update the file with a new version.

1. Can you not add the name of the file in the shared URL and just use the unique code for that file instead so when we rename it the URL isn't dependent on the name. You do this in OneDrive already.

2. Can you add the ability to overwrite an existing file with an uploaded new version with the same name so that it doesn't break the URL that's already been shared.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. About the toolbar when viewing the preview of PDF file on Teams

I would like you to improve the functionality to show the toolbar steadily when viewing the preview of PDF file on Microsoft Teams.

The toolbar appears by switching the view to Full Screen or Zoom out screen. But I prefer that the toolbar to be shown without zooming.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Update previously shared file permissions when adding a user to a conversation with history.

When a user is added to a Chat conversation that has shared files then the file permissions need to be changed to include that new user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remember my location within the files for each team

I work on many different clients as a consultant. This requires me to regularly switch between clients. When using SharePoint on the web, I just switch tabs and it brings me to where I left off in the file hierarchy for that team. It would be great if I could switch between teams in the Teams app without losing my place in each file hierarchy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto Save back to SharePoint

Like in SharePoint, if you open a file from SharePoint, it typically saves back to SharePoint.

I use a program called Storyline to develop eLearning. I can open the File from a SharePoint site and the changes are saved back to SharePoint, but I cannot do this from Files in Teams. Therefore, I have to download the File, make edits and then manually reupload the File. Sometimes, I forget to do the final reupload and so my Files tab doesn't have the most current version.

Please enable Teams to have the same features as SharePoint.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create new file within Chat

Sorry if this is suggested already but it would be nice to create new file within a Chat. Ideally, it should be just like within a Channel. Currently you have to create a file elsewhere then copy it into a chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open non-Office files locally when synced in OneDrive

When viewing files thru Teams that are synced locally to OneDrive, the current options are "Open online" and "Open in SharePoint".

Open online prompts for downloading the file from Sharepoint.
    Open in SharePoint opens the document library in a browser tab.
    But neither actually opens the file.

This request is to add another option to "Open synced file" directly from the Teams desktop app. Obviously this would be harder to accomplish with the browser version, but the desktop version should integrate better with OneDrive for Business and know whether a file is synced locally. We work with a lot of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Download all Recordings

Hello, I join a lot of meetings and at times I need to go back and replay parts of them. At the moment, it is time consuming for me to go back and replay a recorded meeting because I need to access its channel first, i.e. I need to remember when it was (or its name), click on its chat section, scroll through until I find it.

Is there a better way to consume a list of all recordings for me to choose and replay? Or a "download all" function of all the recorded meetings I've been into? That would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. document history

in files view add a link to document history as in SharePoint.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make file management not terrible

Really like Teams, except that File management in Teams & OneDrive is really weird and horrible

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Possibility to unlock a file to delete it or rename it

Everytime I try to rename or delete a file it says that it can't be done because it is locked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to view / edit documents in full screen

It would be great to be able to view and edit documents within teams in full screen mode.
    Currently you get the Teams UI taking up a decent portion of the screen and being able to either press F11 to make full screen or have a dedicated button would be a really useful improvement

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sync assignment files with One Drive

Using O365 for Education, it would be great if any files turned in as part of an assignment automatically (or manually) saved to a student's One Drive once it was complete. At the moment, they only live within Teams making difficult to see a student's whole portfolio of work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add support for starting flows to the document library/list views in Teams

When a user clicks on a file in the files tab, they have a number of options they can perform against a file, copy, rename, properties, etc.. If they were in SharePoint they could start a Microsoft Flow against the document. The same experience should exist within Teams. This functionality existed a few weeks ago but appears to have been removed, or is possibly broken.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make file preview work for files with an apostrophe somewhere in the file path

Currently if an apostrophe exists at any point in the file address (name of file, parent folder or Team name) the file can't be previewed.

In such situations we get a "Hmm... looks like this file doesn't have a preview we can show you." and a Download button is visible.

This behaviour seems inconsistent given that apostrophes aren't listed as invalid characters for OneDrive, OneDrive for Business or SharePoint.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. flexible frame size for file search results in Teams

Make the frame width flexible for the file search results in Teams.
    Now it is not possible to see exactly what file one is dealing with when the identifying part of the filename is behind the x-th character. (see screenshot)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base