Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. moving a document breaks link

When we are sorting out our filing system in files, creating new folders to move and tidy up our document's this changes the location of the document and breaks any links you have previously sent to users also the link in the conversations. This is extremely unworkable for our organisation, we need to be able to upload and move documents. keeping the integrity of any previous links sent. For example if you attach a document to a channel, this does not go into a folder it just sits in files, when links are sent round for this document they are…

255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  43 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print from within Microsoft Teams

Would it be nicer if there was an option allowing someone to print an image, pdf, docx file from withing Teams instead of having to download it first and then print it?

242 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rich thumbnails for files

Can we get rich thumbnails for files the same way SharePoint document libraries now show? Pictures would show a preview and Office documents can show small thumbnails too

231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog.
    Thank you for all the feedback.
    -Warren

4. Ability to open multiple documents

Currently If I am editing a File in Teams, and if I have to refer another file present in Teams, I have to forcefully close existing document and go to the next file. It will be a nice to have feature if I can open other documents in Preview mode if I am editing a document.

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ALPHABETICAL ORDER FILE SORTING (Persistent)

ALLOW ALPHABETICAL ORDER FOR FILE SORTING

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a Print feature to the PDF file viewer

Currently when you click on a PDF within teams it displays it in teams' built-in PDF viewer - but there is no option to print from here.

To print you either have to download the file and open it in an external PDF viewer application or click 'open online' and print it from your browser. (or open the sharepoint in file explorer...)

It would be great if a 'Print' button could instead be added to the PDF file viewer taskbar (see attached artists' rendition). Printing a PDF is a staple everyday task performed by countless people around the world.

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. No File Attach Option when a planner is viewed under Teams

I don't understand why the File option has been removed from Planner if the Planner has been created under Teams - the solution given by Microsoft Support is to attach the file in Teams General and then go into the Planner and the task and then create a link to this document - there would be specific documents that would only be relevant to this task and it seems a long way to have to attach. If you use Planner as an online app on its own the File option is available - this is causing confusion for our users

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delete files shared in chat

Files shared in Chat are stored to OneDrive, but there is no way to delete file from within Teams. When file is deleted from OneDrive, it is (of course) no longer available and the individual gets a "Sorry, we couldn't find you file" error.

I would like to remove the shared file entry from the Teams chat.

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Setting to always open documents in native application

I never want to open the document in Teams, or in Office Online. I always want to use the native desktop program. Would be nice if there was a global setting so documents always opened in desktop applications.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. download file progress indicator

need file download progress indicator

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cannot open link file types from with the Files tab

I dragged some URL link items from a folder in OneDrive into the Files section in Teams

When I click on these URL links from within the Teams Files tab they do not open to a website, instead they try to download

If I click to the actual library within Sharepoint, and then click these URL links, they open ok (ie. they take you to a website)

Why don't they open from within the Teams Files tab?

BTW - I noticed in the "New" menu in the Teams Files tab you can create a new folder…

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide option for storing version history for Team files

SharePoint can store file version history. Since Team files are stored in SharePoint, please surface the version history within Teams.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request has been approved and has now moved to the backlog!

Stay tuned for further updates.
    -Warren

13. Move channel folders to Teams folder

The foldere that contain the files for each channel are stored in the main Documents library of the SharePoint site. This can be confusing as to what documents are part of the Teams channels and what are just on SharePoint. Please move the channel file folders into a "Teams" folder, so that all files from Teams are together and easy to identify.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has been declined by the feature team. However, the feature team is working on design changes to better help differentiate Teams files.
    Which hopefully will help alleviate the confusion users are experiencing when when trying to identify SharePoint files versus Teams files.

-Warren

14. Additional cloud storage options and linking

Companies often use multiple cloud storage options. Expanding the available options would be a huge benefit.

Suggested options to add are:

Egnyte Cloud Storage (http://egnyte.com/)
    Adobe Creative Cloud
    OneDrive
    NetDocuments

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tab key in Excel Online within Teams selects Teams Back Button

When I have the Desktop version of Teams open and I edit an Excel doc within Teams (using Excel online), the tab key selects the Teams back button (the top-left UI element) rather than sending the tab to excel online. Tab is such a commonly used key within excel (e.g. add a new line to a table) that this issue makes excel a frustrating experience.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sharing files stored in teams with people outside of the team

Currently, the only way to share files stored through Teams, is to move to 'View in Sharepoint' and from there create links with access rights for staff outside of your team. It would be so convenient to be able to share files directly with colleagues who are not part of your team.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integration for Visio

It would be nice if we can add Visio document also as a new tab.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Channel templates

It would be nice to have a template for the Files section in Channels. Define your directory structure once, then apply it to every new Channel created in a Team.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. File Check in/out

We would like to be able to do file check in/out in Teams. We set our doc libraries to require check in/out.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding more than 20 files is not possible

When adding more than 20 files at the same time you get a message that maximum is 20. Should me more or limitation to size instead.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base