Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag and Drop Folder

Drag and Drop Folder: currently (2017-04-10) when dragging and dropping a folder from my harddrive to a team Files location the files are copied, but the folder is not. Have to first create the folder on Teams, then copy the files into the folder. Would prefer to drag and drop the fold and Teams will automatically create the folder and copy the files within it to that folder.

411 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

34 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is now on the backlog.

I’ll keep you posted as we move through development!
    -Warren

2. moving a document breaks link

When we are sorting out our filing system in files, creating new folders to move and tidy up our document's this changes the location of the document and breaks any links you have previously sent to users also the link in the conversations. This is extremely unworkable for our organisation, we need to be able to upload and move documents. keeping the integrity of any previous links sent. For example if you attach a document to a channel, this does not go into a folder it just sits in files, when links are sent round for this document they are…

408 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  61 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add/Edit Metadata within the Teams File Tab

In the new file experience rolling out, metadata can be surfaced now within the files tab, however, you can't add or edit metadata within the Files Tab itself - you have to do it in SharePoint. You can set default values when uploading files but this is problematic if you have multiple choices (A good example being the column Department where several departments upload files to a single team)

Link to TC thread

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/microsoft-teams-new-file-experience/m-p/1121882

397 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Upload a file to Teams directly from a desktop Office application

When I am creating a new file in an Office document I want there to be an option in the "Save as" location, to save to an Microsoft Team, similar to how there are options to save to your OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and This PC locations. Right now I either have to remember to create the file from Teams or to create the file on my PC and then upload it manually to Teams.

380 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog. I’ll keep you posted as it moves through the development process.
    -Warren

5. Allow syncing of team files with OneDrive Sync Client

I have an Office 365 Group Created and syncing with OneDrive Sync Client. I added team features to the group. When I create a new channel in my team, a new folder is created in the group files. However, this folder is locked (and shows lock in the sync icon) so I don't have permission to work with any synced files.

356 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the queue. I’m still awaiting more feedback and hope to have more details to share soon.

-Warren

6. Cannot open link file types from with the Files tab

I dragged some URL link items from a folder in OneDrive into the Files section in Teams

When I click on these URL links from within the Teams Files tab they do not open to a website, instead they try to download

If I click to the actual library within Sharepoint, and then click these URL links, they open ok (ie. they take you to a website)

Why don't they open from within the Teams Files tab?

BTW - I noticed in the "New" menu in the Teams Files tab you can create a new folder…

348 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. File locking bug in SharePoint - frequently get file locks.

File locking has been an issue in SharePoint for as long as I can remember, now carried forward into TEAMs.

This is an obstacle to our adoption of TEAMs - people get frustrated by it (including our TEAMs support team!).

Frequently unable to save my files because TEAMs/SharePoint believes another user (Me!) has it locked. Only answer (as ShaePoint won't let you rename or delete the original whilst locked) is to save a copy, close the file, wait 30 min or so and then hope TEAMs/SharePoint has sorted itself and delete the old file.

Seems to me that it happens…

326 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show Full File Path in Search

When searching, I can go to files and see a handful of files, and their path, only I see part of the path, and depending on the Team name, maybe none of the path.

Please make a way to see the full path both in the desktop/web app as well as the Mobile app, as once Teams gets cluttered with files and data, the path would make a big difference in helping to locate the file we want.

Two different Teams or Departments may have a simliar or same file name, but it's hard to choose which one to open!

321 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please allow ZOOM when viewing Excel Spreadsheets in Teams

Spreadsheets are automatically zoomed in to only display a couple of lines/columns when opening them within Teams. I would love to zoom in/out and be able to see more on my screen within Teams instead of having to open it in a browser.

When I Right click, go to View, or use CTRL ALT - , there is still no zoom function. Please add a Zoom functionality in at least one of these methods. It wastes time to have to open the file in a browser just to be able to see an adequate portion of the spreadsheet.

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recover assignment after accidential deletion

I would be great if an assignment can be restored after an accidental deletion.

297 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rich thumbnails for files

Can we get rich thumbnails for files the same way SharePoint document libraries now show? Pictures would show a preview and Office documents can show small thumbnails too

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog.
    Thank you for all the feedback.
    -Warren

12. Add a Print feature to the PDF file viewer

Currently when you click on a PDF within teams it displays it in teams' built-in PDF viewer - but there is no option to print from here.

To print you either have to download the file and open it in an external PDF viewer application or click 'open online' and print it from your browser. (or open the sharepoint in file explorer...)

It would be great if a 'Print' button could instead be added to the PDF file viewer taskbar (see attached artists' rendition). Printing a PDF is a staple everyday task performed by countless people around the world.

276 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Channel templates

It would be nice to have a template for the Files section in Channels. Define your directory structure once, then apply it to every new Channel created in a Team.

270 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. External Chat File share

We need the ability to file share directly in chat with external users.

For context:
    I have a team of contract BI developers working to build out our BI system. We often have the need to pass large files back and forth, which prohibits email use. Previously, in Skype for Business, we could drop files into the chat and pass the files directly to the person that needed it. We need this capability back - the current work-arounds for file transfer are significantly more complicated and will end up wasting a decent amount of time in the future.

267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. No File Attach Option when a planner is viewed under Teams

I don't understand why the File option has been removed from Planner if the Planner has been created under Teams - the solution given by Microsoft Support is to attach the file in Teams General and then go into the Planner and the task and then create a link to this document - there would be specific documents that would only be relevant to this task and it seems a long way to have to attach. If you use Planner as an online app on its own the File option is available - this is causing confusion for our users

263 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sharing files stored in teams with people outside of the team

Currently, the only way to share files stored through Teams, is to move to 'View in Sharepoint' and from there create links with access rights for staff outside of your team. It would be so convenient to be able to share files directly with colleagues who are not part of your team.

257 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Password Protection on folders and files within individual teams

While we have multiple different members on individual teams, we have several different folders and individual files that we would like to be able to protect with passwords so that not all members of teams are able to view them without having to create new teams only for those specific folders and files. While we are able to password protect individual files before they are uploaded, it is difficult to do this for folders and will also require time to re-upload files that are already on our team sites.

Being able to place password protection on our existing folders and…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Want to export teams’ lists to files in the GUI

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    チームの一覧を GUI でファイルに出力したい
    Want to export teams’ lists to files in the GUI

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams におけるチームの一覧は Windows PowerShell から CSV ファイルに出力可能だが、GUI からは出力する方法がない。
    組織全体のネットワーク設定により Windows PowerShell に接続できない場合、チームの一覧を取得することができないため、Microsoft Teams 管理センターからチームの一覧を CSV ファイルに出力する機能の拡充を希望します。
    In Microsoft Teams, currently, it is possible to export the lists of teams from Windows PowerShell to CSV files, but it is impossible to do from the GUI.
    If we can't connect to PowerShell due to our organization's network settings, we can’t retrieve lists of teams. Therefore, we would request a functionality to export the lists of teams from Microsoft Teams administration center to CSV…

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Activate hyperlinks in PDF File Viewer

Currently when I open a PDF in MS Teams "PDF File Viewer" I cannot click on the hyperlinks. Instead I have to download the document or open it in SharePoint just to click a link. Such a waste of time!

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notification at file upload on team

Notification should be come in conversation tab when any body upload a file on team. Other wise other team members don't get the update about that file.

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base