Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add quiet hours to notifications

I like having notifications on my mobile device, but would like the option to silence notifications for after hours and weekends. Potentially, selectively per channel/team.

1,639 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

56 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

Great news, this feature request has been completed and now available to the public!

Thank you for all your feedback and suggestions. :) Enjoy the feature!
    -Warren

2. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Hi there,

I would like to be able to install for all users of a PC via and MSI, the current installer installs into the users Appdata which means each user has to install manually.

I would like to see a "proper" installer than loads it to Program Files for all users

668 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

181 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Configure app start up behavior

It would be great if I can decide how the app starts up, like start up at boot but minimized, start up at boot maximized, do not start up at boot, etc..

462 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Switching status to “completed” from “We have this”.

Hi everyone,

We do have this feature!
    In order to have the Teams application start in the background you will need to set these two items.

Under Settings, within Teams, you need to select both of these options:
    1) Auto-start application
    2) Open application in background

If those two are selected, upon restart of the OS when you first login in, the Team app should start in the background and only appear in hidden application bar and not on the main Taskbar.

Please NOTE: If you exit the Teams application, then click the Teams’ icon to launch the app, it will now load in the foreground. The background start up is only when you first log into the OS and the application automatically launches in the background.

-Warren

4. Scalable UI (zoom feature)

It would be great to have the Teams desktop app UI to be manually scalable. The default scaling should be set based on the system settings for scaling, but the UI should be scalable independent of this.

(should I mention Slack allows zoom in/out with Ctrl+ + and Ctrl+- key combinations and Ctrl+0 restores default setting)

I find the desktop UI too small for my eyes. I do have scaling enabled on my Windows computer, and other apps and programs work well, but the Teams client bothers me being too small.

351 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

This is DONE!

Email me if you ever have any problems with it, so I can re-open the ticket. My email is sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

5. Edit badge logic in Taskbar Notifications

When a new chat has come in add a red taskbar notification like slack does. I depend on it to know when I have a message.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  17 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. deploying Teams setup files using SCCM

please share any document/article/ command line for pushing setup files using SCCM.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. settings

IN the latest release notes 11th october it states that the settings have been retooled to improve them, however when I click on profile icon there is no "Settings". (Desktop version and browser version) niether have it. What am I missing here?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we shared earlier, we’ve rebuilt the Settings menu to make it easier for you to manage your preferences. Now, you can change your app theme, language, and notifications settings all in one place.
    To access your settings, click on your profile picture and select Settings. This update is out and available.

If you are having difficulty accessing the updated settings, please let us know within the comments below.
    -Warren

8. Desktop client crashing on startup

The Teams desktop client for one of my users is constantly crashing when it tries to start up, then ends up in a restart and crash loop. We tried uninstalling, then reboot, then remove files and directories from %PROGRAMFILES%,%APPDATA%, and %LOCALAPPDATA%, then reinstall. The new installation also crashes constantly. This just started this afternoon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mary Sun responded

Hi everyone – we’re sorry you saw this crash issue! I’m happy to announce that our team has just deployed a solution. If you are still affected, you may need to uninstall and re-install Teams to fully restore service (https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads). Please let us know if you need help troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Mary
    Microsoft Teams
    masu@microsoft.com

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.