Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the Send a Copy feature to the desktop/online apps too

In Teams mobile app you can tap the ellipsis for a shared file and then tap Send a Copy. This sends the file as an email attachment in Outlook (no downloading necessary). This functionality needs to be available in Teams online/desktop apps.

To share a file from desktop/online you have to first download and then toggle to Outlook to start a new message. I'm trying to implement Teams across my organization but for users who work in Outlook all day, all the extra steps to get a file from Teams (SharePoint) to Outlook is click intensive vs. sending attachments from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to be Online - Like Skype Business

Like Skype Business - we had setting to be online for so many hrs .
    that feature is missing in this, update the setting and add that.

its helpful for people who are working in a back ground.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams access to Exchange O365 mailbox and data

I would like to see Teams be a full replacement for Outlook.

Customers should not have to switch between Teams and Outlook to manage all of their communication, calendaring, communication, and collaboration.

I am not looking for better integration between Teams and Outlook. Instead I would like Teams to build a better email and calendar experience outside Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cannot give control to share

I cannot allow a user in my contacts to control my screen while sharing my desktop. It states that Hardware acceleration is turned off, but there is currently no easy way to turn it back on. This is critical if we are being forced into this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On the PC Web Version show meetings in the Task Bar

Why isn't Meetings an option on the Task Bar on the Deskop?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Criar a na vesão Business a opção de customização da página, para que o ambiente virtual tenha a identidade visual da empresa.

Se fosse possível a escolha de cor na área de trabalho do Teams e a inserção de banners e logomarca, ele poderia ser utilizado como plataforma oficial de comunicação externa, sem a necessidade de desenvolvimento de um sistema próprio para comunicação com o cliente, mesmo que carregasse em conjunto marcas e símbolos da Microsoft e do Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After a call ends, return the user to the same document or app that he was using when the call came in

After a call ends, return the user to the same document or app that he was using when the call came in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Choose which is the default which app opens on desktop

I'd like the ability to set the app (or view) when I open team (Activity/Chat/Teams/Calendar etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can you pin the Teams (list of teams) menu when you have a minimised screen?

When minimised, Teams menu vanished. Can it be pinned

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A separate automatic installer? Is this microsoft or Nigergian Prince LLC

Stop making this as annoying to uninstall as malware. A separate application called Teams Machine-Wide Installer? Malware. Automatically reinstalling and launching on startup after each uninstall is how you ruin the reputation of Microsoft. This is disgusting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Volle Sharepointintegration

SharePoint besitzt sehr umfangreiches Potential. Teams besitzt die Möglichkeiten dies auszuschöpfen. Dafür müssen aber folgende Features gegeben sein:
    - Volle Integration der Bibliotheken mit Ansichtsfunktionen like der Browseransicht
    - Drag and Drop in selbige Bibliotheken von allen unterschiedlichen Applikationen
    - Automatisches Auswählen von Metadaten, entweder durch die vorhergehende Beschlagwortung oder durch das Auswählen der Ansichts-Metadaten wie in der Edge-Ansicht auf SharePoint (Hier wäre die Vererbung von Überkategorien auch sehr sinnvoll)

Dies würde die vielen anderen Connectors wie O2S oder Harmon.ie obsolet machen und alles was man braucht ins Microsoft-Universum zurückbringen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unfocusing backgroud image when sing in to window is realy terible idea. Please, return to behavioe before last "upgrade".

With last update of Windows 10 the background image on login screen become unfocused when edit fields for login occur. It is very uncomfortable, disturbing. Th image should not change at all or become a bit darker as it used to be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ad a picture behind you for the camera, instead of the blurry function

Ad a picture behind you for the camera, instead of the blurry function.
    Then it would be possible to 'sit' on a beautiful beach, when you are talking with your team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Open a Skype meeting in Skype instead of a browser.

Until this behavior is changed, I still have to remember to join some meetings only from Skype for Business.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move the buttons from the right-upper part to the bottom of the window

It would be better to move the call, videocall, screen-sharing and add people buttons from the right-upper part to the bottom of the screen, because when closing the window one can unintentionally push the call or videocall button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Privacy

Window needs to open up to a dashboard or a certain place without showing the conversations!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to split out the chat from the teams channels and ungroup my chats

When You use MS Teams the chat and the channels are all lumped together. To be efficient at work I need to be able to see both at the same time. I tried opening a second teams like I do with outlook when I want my calendar up at the same time as my email but Teams doesn't do that. Either allow us to have two teams programs open at the same time or give us the option to separate the chat from the channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User Interface

The UI takes up a lot of screen real estate. Allow users to collapse it down to the navigation bar, then expand when actively using the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base