Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support back/forward mouse buttons in app

It would be great if the desktop app (I'm using Windows) would support back/forward navigation using assigned mouse buttons (usually thumb buttons). This works in web browsers by default, but the desktop app requires clicking the back/forward arrows in the top-left of the interface.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need a mini/compact version of Teams

Need a mini/compact version of Teams client and ability to select the type of content (eg: content only, attendees etc like Skype for Business) instead of occupying whole screen

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a screenshot button

Add a feature to take screenshots directly from the chat window. Like, when you are chating with someone and you need to send a screenshot to the person, you just have to click on the button, like the file, calendar buttons for an example and then MS Team should allow to take screenshot of MS team incase someone wants to take screenshots of MS Team it's self, or if someone wants to minimize MS team, the minimize button should allow to minimize MS team, and then again re-enable the screenshot activity, once desired screenshot is taken, there should be a…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Always crashes. Super slow. Motivation sounds don’t work on the computer app.

Soooooo slow. Crashes. Doesn’t reload quickly. No notification sounds. Hate the app!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. make teams desktop pop up and come to the front when new chat message comes in

make teams desktop pop up and come to the front when new chat message comes in

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Messages get lost, and hard to search the conversation

Messages get lost, and hard to search the conversation. if user can quickly search by keyword, and messages load faster, it would be great

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Window Actions Like Minimize and Close Are Sluggish

There is a noticeable delay >1 second between clicking Minimize or Close and having the action be executed by the window.

It's super annoying.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop asking to download the client in the browser version

Please add the option to disable the notification to download the client when opening Teams in a web browser, ask the first time, but also have an option to select not to be asked again.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option for Passive voice channels.

As an avid gamer, I feel like we gamers are very good at collaboration.
    I would like to have a voice channel much like to see a passive voice channel where your team members can join and passively talk to each other as they work Much like how discord or team speak works in addition to what already exist in teams. This also will break up the monotony of needing excessive Skype meetings. For people whom work in the department, but are Geographically separated, and cant getup from their desk to just ask a teammate a simple question.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Liking something is not enough

Need to be able to do much more then liking something. Need to be able to disliking, approving etc. Bagging like and just letting a user express their response with an emoji is a better way to
    go.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make available of changing color fonts while chatting

Please make available of changing color fonts while chatting permaanetly.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams not using WIndows 10 Features (ex. Pin to Start, People Bar, Cortana, etc)

Teams not using WIndows 10 Features (ex. Pin to Start, People Bar, Cortana, etc)

I should be able to pin any item from Teams to the Start Screen
    - ex. Person I am chatting with
    Group I am chatting with
    Teams / Channel / Favorites.
    The fact is there is nothing in Teams that uses the Start Menu except for the app launching. As a Microsoft product I expect Teams to be in the forefront in taking advantage of the Windows 10 features.

I should be able to pin my Teams contacts in the People Bar. I should be able…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Setting to not launch on startup

Give Teams the ability to not launch teams on startup and just have it minimize to tray

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. why can you not delet chat's and it's messages?

why can you not delet chat's and it's messages?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save pictures wherever you like (Save as)

With Teams, you can only download pictures from a chat to the Download folder. I'd like the ability to right click a picture, and select "Save as", and choose location myself.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be nice if when changing to a chat screen Message box would gain focus

this would allow quicker access to type messages.

This is how other chat platforms have operated, my default behavior is to switch to a chat window and start typing... but I'm then usually triggering hot keys.

I would like to be able to go into a chat window and immediately be able to start typing without clicking the "Type a new message" box.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Yikes! Microsoft Teams Desktop loses connection

I am having an increasing number of people get a message
    "Yikes! Looks like someone pulled the plug on the internet."

Seems to be random on who gets the message. These users are both using Windows 7 with the latest MS Updates. They were working fine one day and then get this message the next. I have uninstalled/reinstalled. This seems to fix the issue for a short time. One user abandoned the desktop client for the web version, but the web version does not receive the same functionality with notifications.

Unfortunately, once they receive the message, it's done. No amount…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to prevent auto-start persistantly and programmatically using TAC/Group Policy

See MSTCommunity request here -

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/How-to-Prevent-Teams-from-Auto-Launch/m-p/730658#M34150

Even though autostart can be prevented upon installation a single time (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/teams-install) and then turned off manually within the desktop client, there is a need by some businesses to ensure that the Desktop client does not auto-start at any time and yet be able to enable this programmatically via TAC/Group Policy without having to jump in users desktop client to turn it off.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft Teams - Include Downloads Manager

When downloading multiple, large files - the current Teams desktop client DOES NOT show a 'progress bar'...only a toast notification when the files have finished downloading.

Include a "Downloads" or "Download Manager" button on the left side that shows downloads in progress, and that allows incomplete downloads to be 're-downloaded'.

At this time, there is no way for me to know if everything downloaded without comparing files in my 'Downloads' folder to the files in the channel (slow, inefficient).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Slow interface

Lazy loading for chat history is implemented quite bad and without any local cache. It's quite challanging to search among older conversations.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.