Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "What is new in this version" after update

Hi,

as Teams are currently developing many new features it would be good that in "About" there is a section "What is new". In that section list of new features would help early adopters in the org

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Being able to open more than one Team desktop app window

In other Windows applications, you can have more than one window (not tab) open. That would be extremely useful.

Being on a call today that was showing some functionality of Teams was great, but I was unable to easily follow the demo and test it out for myself without the meeting window being minimised to a tiny size!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. how can i make work status Geen/Available

how do i change my status to available on teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Easier document view switching

When reading one document, ability to pin and and go and look at another document Rather than have it disappear and have to go and find it again, ability to pin it or have more than one window open at a time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Startup minimized to task bar only AND don't restore when right clicking

I am finding 2 annoyances after I moved to Teams away from Skype for Business:

1: In skype or business I was able to have the app not only startup in the background, but minimized the task bar with no window..

2: I can manually get teams into that state by having it stay running when closed and closing teams, however anytime I RIGHT click on the tray iccon to access the menu, it auto restores.. it should only auto restore upon either left clicking the icon or triggering action via right click but the right click action should itself…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Time and Date should always appear if the Team app is going to consume this much real estate on screen

Time and Date should always appear if the Team app is going to consume this much real estate on screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のチャネルの詳細な利用状況をエクスポートできるような機能を追加してほしい

Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

■Description(内容):
    チャネル単位での Teams への投稿内容や、メンションの数、メンションの内容、「LIKE」の数をカウントして BI ツールで投稿との関連性を調査し、利用することを想定している。チャネル単位で BI ツールと連携可能な形での利用状況のカウントが簡易的に取得できるような機能を追加してほしい。

We would like to investigate the relevance between the Teams posts and the detailed usage by using BI tool, for each channel in Teams, such as contents of posts, the number of mentions, contents of mentions and the number of “Like”s.
    Therefore, we would like you to provide a feature to obtain the detailed usage information for Teams and collaborate with BI tool more easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cockpit

In my "Team" I want to be able to create a channel tab that provides links to several other tools and/or websites like a cockpit using tiles. Each tile has an assigned hyperlink that takes me to the tool/website or it opens up in teams directly (preferred). With a hover-over I can see a short description of the tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Logout

Log out button should be promoted to a level on the main screen, not buried in settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. when someone writes to me on my desktop, the Teams tab in the taskbar starts blinking. I always miss this blinking and therefore miss the e

when someone writes to me on my desktop, the Teams tab in the taskbar starts blinking. I always miss this blinking and therefore miss the message. Can there be a pop-up notification?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Contacts its own page WITHOUT the last chat in the background. Able to set as the default page to leave open all day - like Skype did.

Teams takes up too much of the screen when not in use. Skype was much better with its list of My Group and Favorites, so you could see status at a glance... AND it could be a very narrow profile open all day on the screen. Teams default footprint is TOO BIG.

AND don't display the last chat in the background!!

Give function to end a Chat and give a clear background so the last chat isn't sitting in the background hours after you are done - this is extremely annoying and a problem in an open office where people…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want you to smoothly add equipment at the meeting

It is the operation when you make a reservation of the meeting from the client.
    You need to add the equipment mailbox from "Invite users".
    This operation is more inconvenient than when creating a meeting in Outlook.
    We want you to be able to search and add from your address book etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add non-Team site Sharepoint page as tab without additional login

We have sites that users would like at their finger tips but organizationally belong outside of the Team site. When I add the sharepoint page as a website tab it requires the user to login when using the desktop version of Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Pin to Top" active documents being edited in chat, group chat, or team channel, regardless of what tab you are in

If I am working in a document in a group chat, but I get a chat message from another person, in order to read that new message, I will lose my place in the current document I'm editing.

To "get back to work" after reading the other chat message, I have to go back to the other chat and find the document, then click a few times and scroll around to be able to open in edit mode and figure out where I was. This is horribly inefficient, considering how efficient it COULD be -- collaborative editing is the strongest…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need to be able to re-size the app on-screen

I would like to be able to resize the app, the same way that Skype for Business can be thinned down.Teams takes up 1/3 of my screen. With Skype for Business, it could be slimmed down to only take up a small portion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Showing the badge, three dots and the ribbon at the end of the message frustrates me when I try to copy the message.Show them below the msg

Showing the badge, three dots and the ribbon at the end of the message frustrates me when I try to copy the message.Show them below the msg

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Simplify the searching bar for contacts

Simplify the searching bar for contacts, sometimes when you dont find a specificic contatct is hard to discover how what it shoud be done to

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open the Microsoft Teams when new chat arrives

Like Microsoft Lync Open the Microsoft Teams when new chat arrives instead of just notification alone (Win 10).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base