Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop showing Teams in alt-tab when I specifically have the app NOT in the task-bar

I don't like Teams in my task bar items with my code editor, etc. since I have too many things already there and it takes up space. Therefore when I alt-tab I do NOT expect to see the Teams icon either, but it does show up. This does not seem like consistent windows behavior. If an app is not in the active taskbar it should not be in Alt-tab either.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. About the confirmation method of installation

I would like to add the ability to check the number of Microsoft teams installed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Unreliable desktop client

We have deployed MS Teams with SCCM.

We allow the software to auto update but this currently gives us a few challenges:

1. Teams client closes multiple times a day, it remains in the notification areas until mouse over and then disappears and must be relaunched.

2. Teams disappears from the system - presumably because it tries to auto update and fails leaving the user with no Teams install.

3. A relatively new message in a grey bar at the top of the client notifying the user to update to continue using Team and contact their administrator.

These behaviours are harming adoption and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. So far not happy AT ALL with Teams/Skype debacle. Syncing is happening, Teams won't finish installing on some systems, many messages missed

Need to fix the issues with Teams not completing installs, messages getting lost between Skype and Teams users, and the list goes on. There appear to be serious issues getting Teams rolled out on PCs where Skype for Business is installed. In some cases Teams gets installed, but can't configure, and closes itself when it tries to open. Teams effects the Skype interface to the Contact groups no longer appear, and leaves user with no way to continue reaching out, as Skype gets broken and Teams won't start.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. non-default ringtone selection does not stick - Desktop

In the Settings you can (it would seem) select a different ringtone for incoming calls. I have done this numerous times, and it always reverts back to Default.
    You can set a new ringtone, close settings, open settings, and it is back to Default. It doesn't stick at all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Barras superiores

hola, las barras superiores son muy anchas y no aportan contenido ni funcionalidad a la aplicación.
    Es más, el titulo de la aplicacion de word que estoy usando se encuentra duplicado.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Incoming call notification

I'm using a lot of head set, but not all the time. Head set is connected to USB all the time.

I would like to hear something like ringtone also from desktop/laptop, when I'm not wearing head set.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Do not display Contacts | Favorites unless the user actually has Favorites

Screen real-estate is valuable. Taking up space with something that a user doesn't use causes excessive scrolling. Forcing a user to give up space to Contacts | Favorites when they don't use Favorites within Contacts causes loss of productivity, frustrates the user and costs the company real money.

Do not show "Favorites" under Contacts unless the user actually marks a contact as a Favorite.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Immersive Reader --> Reading references (book Symbol) -->Translator --> "Kannada is missing"

Why Kannada language is missing in MS Teams:
    "Immersive Reader --> Reading references (book Symbol) -->Translator --> "Kannada is missing"

What should I do to add Kannada language ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windows app should notify me of new chats/messages even when minimised

Recently the desktop app has not usually notified me of new chats/messages when it is minimised to the system notification area.

When I restore the window it checks for new messages within a few seconds.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. go back to skype for business!! this is a very big step back in time, a total usles product

Go back to skype for business, this product should never have been put in production, it is a big waste of money, can not be used professonel.
    my customers are using skype for business and I can not communicate

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. notification from teams - Who app

Teams is designed to show desktop notification through web app. when using desktop Team clients - Who app the notification is redundant and disturbing while using the chat functionality
    -kannan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BRB is now "Away" with the latest desktop version ???

Just installed 1.2.00.2460 (64-bit) yesterday... please see attached screenshot... which one of you did this? Do you even have a QA department at all?????

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change the word copy to paste, when copying documents from one team to another.

When you copy a document from one team to another the button says copy, when you are pasting it into this team.

If this was to change tho the word paste, it would stop confusion when completing this task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Drop it.

It just rubbish

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Message Bubbles

It would be very nice if I could not even have Teams open and just have my most used chats as a permanent, movable bubble on my screen.

The idea is to increase work-space efficiency.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need the default view in Teams to be similar SFB to see user presence and IM

Don't like that you have to open Teams and go to Chat to be able to see your contact list and presence status of team members. SFB has this as the default view. No one in our company likes that this is gone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base