Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Minimal Desktop bar

I would suggest making a minimal size desktop view. I envision this being similar to the old Office app that resided on the desktop, sitting on the top of the screen (or able to move it wherever desired) with easy notifications when there is activity. The current view is hard to use when working on other applications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Choose which activities show

Let me choose which activities show up in the activity feed. All I see now is my sent messages. Who cares about that? I sent them. I want to see unanswered messages across all teams. and I'd like to choose to show messages, only those with files, only those marked with urgency, only planner updates, or some or all of the above.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notifications for chats and changes to channels in teams owned

Is there a notification area to set pop ups of chats and changes in channels

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Screen Grab

On the Desk top app I can take a screen grab and add it to my chat BUT if i have pasted the wrong thing in there I cant delete it out. I have to post it then delete it. While it is still not sent I should be able to delete it. As the way you do it the person I am chatting with get a notification that i hit send on something.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Clunky, slow performance app! Seriously what was Microsoft thinking while developing Teams?

Why did you create such a app! Your app uses design which is 10year obsolete! Nightmare with ui/ux/performance! Such a disastrous move, please retire this product and develope something new!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have links to teams files hyperlink from inside teams

If you set up an excel sheet inside of Teams and use it as a index for other documents, using the copy link functionality. Then the excel sheet will not allow you to click on the hyperlinks while inside teams. It needs to be exported out of Teams and then the links work as designed. I believe you should be able to click these links while the document is open inside of teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need a Remind for Unviewed Chat Messages

I notice chat messages get buried behind screens that I have open and I miss them. I need a reminder if one hasn't been viewed. I work with multiple screens and that makes it easy to miss a chat message from someone when it is buried behind many open items on my desktop.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how can i make work status Geen/Available

how do i change my status to available on teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Develop the ability to segregate meeting participants by multiple call in numbers in the same meeting.

Develop the ability to segregate meeting participants by multiple call in numbers in the same meeting. We need the ability to mute and unmute groups/locations at one time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams stores too many entries in Windows Credential Manager

One action we have been directed to do in troubleshooting Teams launch issues is to clear all saved passwords for the Teams app which are located in the Windows Credential Manager.
    Currently, Teams has over 20 entries here! Removing any of them and relaunching teams makes them all get created again.
    All the entries here make troubleshooting login issues a real pain, and these need to be consolidated and simplified.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enabling the possibility of opening 2 windows at the same time in Microsoft Teams

Once one is for ex. in the teams view looking into a file one would also like the possibility of opening the chat in another window to communicate with someone about what one sees in the file window. Without having to go out of the files window and into the chat room.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need better visibility of saved messages. Perhaps move the icon to the left-hand toolbar?

I like saving messages but always forget to check them. It would be good to have better visibility and access to them. Can access to saved messages be moved to the left-hand toolbar?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. when someone writes to me on my desktop, the Teams tab in the taskbar starts blinking. I always miss this blinking and therefore miss the e

when someone writes to me on my desktop, the Teams tab in the taskbar starts blinking. I always miss this blinking and therefore miss the message. Can there be a pop-up notification?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Pin to Top" active documents being edited in chat, group chat, or team channel, regardless of what tab you are in

If I am working in a document in a group chat, but I get a chat message from another person, in order to read that new message, I will lose my place in the current document I'm editing.

To "get back to work" after reading the other chat message, I have to go back to the other chat and find the document, then click a few times and scroll around to be able to open in edit mode and figure out where I was. This is horribly inefficient, considering how efficient it COULD be -- collaborative editing is the strongest…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. screen size is to big

The screen only lets you make it so small and it still takes up most of the page vs just a tiny section allowing you to still see and read the messages without stopping you from working like Skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to use only the "Like" icon

In addition to "Like", icons such as "Heart" and "Laughing" have been added.
    I want to restrict the use of the "Heart".
    I want to optionally set whether to hide or not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Operating System

would be great to have an "oriented to work" Operating System, based on Microsoft Teams. TeamsOS. With an internal Internet browser. Think about it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Eliminate Teams landing page in Edge asking if want to download desktop app and eliminate notification quiery popup

I use the web app not the desktop app so I can have multiple instances open. Everytime I go to the teamsite in Edge, it asks if I want the desktop app. I just want the browser to open with my Teamsites.

Also, the popup asking if I want notifications turned on continues to popup. Eliminate this popup.

Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring the Android UI to Windows (and Mac) Desktop (a new take on the "compact view" request)

I really like Teams, but the one reason I still keep Skype for Business running is the small window size. It occurred to me while using Teams on my Android phone that there is already an ideal solution to this issue. Put a toggle into the desktop app to allow the use of the android style layout that shows the Teams tools that cover 90% of my needs (chat and team browser tab) in a window that is roughly equal to a Skype conversation window. Then allow me to toggle back to the full desktop view when I need to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base