Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. See people/contacts on ribbon

In order to see people/contacts I have to navigate to chat then new chat. A better design would be to have a people on the main ribbon. If i wanted to check a person/contacts status it would not make any sense that I have to click new chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Initial chat message only showing up in mobile client

Initial chat message never showed up in the Desktop client, only in the mobile client

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Respect open -g to launch in background on macOS

The macOS native client ignores the -g parameter in open -g and always launches the app into the foreground, stealing focus. That is, open -g /Applications/Microsoft\ Teams.app should open Teams in the background, and doesn't.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add reply feature on Teams Desktop App. It is only available on Teams Mobile.

We do not have an option to reply to specific chat messages on Teams Desktop App. This feature is available on Teams Mobile though. This is a very useful feature and kindly requesting you to add it as soon as possible

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable RTMP for video input

At the moment Teams shares video from a webcam and/or a screen's or application's content. To allow for more flexibility and professional setups I would like to see Teams implement the option to stream one's video input via RTMP. This way we could attach OBS to Teams and control the visual input via this tool. OBS for example offers far more options to manipulate the content (e.g color keying, shaders...).

Right now we can only try to work around this barrier by faking a webcam, but Teams is limiting the webcam's bit rate and so on, so this is not…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Meeting Notes

In the sidebar (Activity, Chat, Teams, Calendar, Calls, Files …), in the "Files" section, you should add a "Meeting Notes" view that shows all the meeting notes that the user has taken, or has access to (current views are Recent, Microsoft Teams, Downloads). Searching through Chat channels or the calendar for meeting notes is time consuming.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to see Teams have a Green screen

Zoom has the option to use a green screen if you have one. Why doesn't teams have that? When will it be avaavailable?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need reply option available for desktop app as same as mobile app in chats ..

Need reply option available for desktop app as same as mobile app in chats ..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable @mentions in comments while editing documents with desktop app

Currently it's impossible to @mention team members in comments while using the desktop app. It works when editing in the browser, but my team prefers the desktop app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the chat client sizable and smaller. It takes up wayyyyy too much real estate and needs to be visible all day.

Make the apps sizable. All of them. Keep an eye toward less monitor real estate usage. Skype is better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ensure Recordings Show what the person who hit record sees

Our company has had some issues where we receive recorded footage but the screen in not split in the way the recorder set things up, which makes post-production challenging.

For example, the screen shows 1 large window on the left side plus 2 stacked on top on the rightside (non-uniform aspect ratios) instead of only 2 equal side-by-side videos the recorder was seeing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ram

The Ram usage is too high.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Linux client "guest mode" for GCC/GCC High/DoD (Government Teams)

The Linux desktop client instructs me to join a Government meeting as a guest, via the browser. Of course, the browser tries to open the Desktop client, which must be ignored. Then, the web client in Firefox refuses to operate, and in Chromium works but screen shares display as black and there appear to be no video feeds.

Is it possible to improve this situation? I recall the Android client worked in a "guest mode," I wonder if the Linux desktop client can do the same? Can the black screen share be fixed in Chromium? Can the web client be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to position participant images to top of screen when sharing.

Currently, when viewing a shared screen, the participants are viewed at the bottom of the screen. Having the ability to position participants to the top of the screen, near the camera, would be more engaging. It would give the appearance of looking directly into the camera, being viewed as looking directly at the other persons.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reduce the amount of RAM it consumes

Still no one resolving the issue of teams hogging memory?
    😒

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. rework call buttons

Hello people,

I find it pretty inconvenient to have those call buttons so close to each other, and many times I miss the button I aim and click some other, especially when I'm in a hurry, switching among many windows on the same screen.

I would suggest to implement a second level buttons (a confirmation buttons) for the screen sharing, for the camera on, for the request control and especially for hanging up button. It should not react immediately when you click a button, but it should open a short menu with the confirmation button on it.

I guess this…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. meeting requests sent in a chat should show as a sent communication within the chat

When you're in a Teams chat and decide to send a meeting invite to the chat participants, there's a handy "Schedule a meeting" extension below the chat box. But when you use it, there's no indication within the chat that the invitation was actually sent - it's not a part of the chat. You have to go to your calendar to confirm the details. It would be much better if the invitation appeared in the chat thread to confirm it was sent and to quickly see the meeting details.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Volume control on notifications, we can not hear any notifications when they come in.

I would like there to be a volume control for the notifications sounds. We can not hear when someone messages on teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base