Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Taskbar Icon similar to Outlook and Visio in color and shape

I use tiny taskbar icons on the desktop and Teams in color and shape is too similar to Outlook and Visio when all are open. Can you be more creative?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows 7, Microsoft Teams notification pop-up stay for long time. Anyways to control it

On Windows 7 Machine, Microsoft Teams notification stay for long time - 4-5 mins. Which was annoying for the users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In channel, when 2 persons trying to reply at same time, app doesnt show up their reply message

In channel, when 2 persons trying to reply at same time, app doesnt show up their reply message. Looks like some bug.

The 2nd user can only type another message in the channel cant reply untill app does something or some time delay

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ALLOW ME TO EXPORT A CONVERSATION!!!! PLEASE. PRETTY PLEASE.

selecting the contents of a convo (ctrl C) leaves off tons of selected text. Pasting it into a doc is a total joke, and it's on your product. Comon. This is basic functionality. Take your bots and whatnot and put them aside to provide an OUNCE of usability for this simple use case. Below is a snippet showing repeated lines and senseless lines like "Profile picture of Andy". So sloppy. It reflects your lack of attention to real use cases as opposed to ones that 1% of your users leverage.

cool, by Matt.
    11:19 AM
    cool
    I'll let you know,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More apps desktop

Expand desktop apps tabs.

In the desktop toolbar (left) there is 5 default apps, and a 'More Apps' ellipsis.

This is followed by heaps of whitespace below the ellipsis. The extra apps (or at least user configurable) should be put in here too.

This is particularly useful for planner, as you may be in multiple teams/boards but you want to look at your assigned tasks, to do this currently you need to do at least two clicks.

It's not the end of the world, but it is annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. be able to disable graphics hardware acceleration

Some laptop docking stations have graphics adapters that don't work well with some apps: disabling the hardware acceleration usually solves this. The Teams aop needs to support this as well - or if it does, make the settings much easier to find.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. can't install teams in surface go

Get a new surface go, teams cant be found in the search bar as usual. When I go to https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads to download and install teams, I first got error message Smartscreen can't be reached now, then the following error message. I understand neither and teams is not installed. Such a bad experience.

This helps protect your PC and keep it running smoothly.

C:\Users\qingf\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\Teamswindows_x64 (5).exe

Still want to run this unverified app?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add access to outlook emails this way all Microsoft functions and all in one place

I believe that the user interface could benefit greatly from having access to Microsoft outlook that way I could perform the following all in one place:

• Discuss items in my teams

• Add meetings to my outlook calendar

• Add to-do's as per my task list in Asana
      the follow on benefits of the above; and

• be able to send out emails based on the chat/to do's that have been communicated

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. have folder for chats so that they can be organized together

To be able to not only pin chats to the top but also group couple of chats depending on nature of those to folders and have ability to pin them

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restart to Reconnect on Startup

My Surface Pro 4 usually starts up before an Internet connection can be established. We're talking a matter of seconds, here. If Teams manages to start up before the Internet connection is established, I am asked to restart the application. Since it starts up in the system tray, I might not notice this for several hours. This seems like it could be easily avoided.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Consolidate Headers

Get rid of the additional header when viewing a file (pdf, excel, word) and not editing. This hogs a ton of screen space, even in the 'expanded tab' view and does not add any value to the experience.

Screenshot for clarification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Local version for the To-Do application.

Although To-do is integrated with Outlook, it would be simpler to use the tool if a local version, such as the Teams and Onenote applications, was installed in the machine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams app window position

I have multiple screens.
    I open Teams and then move it to another screen.
    When I close Teams and re-open it, it then opens on my main desktop screen again. This did not always happen, in previous versions of teams it would open on the screen it was last on.

This behaviour seems to change from update to update - almost as if there wasn't proper version control going on.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add more apps

In the desktop app, I should be able to add more items to the left side of the app panel.

Unless the option is already there, and I am merely missing it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi, is it possible to setup automatic notification popups in MS Teams when we receive a new chat or any update? If yes, how?

I'm unable to see any notification popup's with the desktop version of MS Teams. We always have to open up and see the if there is any new chats or anything. I think it's a great idea to implement automatic popup messages to the desktop version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Client problems

Windows Desktop client and Apps are too resource heavy. 
    My android app has a flag indicating a new item but it is not there when i open it up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Logout

The app logs me out every time i want to use it. The frustrating thing is that my account is linked to a different phone number than the one i use, so i can’t use the app until i get home. There is no other way to log in, no other security steps except for this one. Really unsatisfied

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. windows-wide shortcut to start or answer phone calls

I want to switch fully from S4B to MSTeams. In S4B, I use PhoneTools from Estos, to answer phone calls with a single keystroke or to start a phone call. when I have marked a phone number and press the defined hotkey. See: https://www.estos.com/products/phonetools

So: You should implement the option for a windows wide shortcut/hotkey to start or answer phone calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. get rid of the bloat

Make stripped down version that doesn't eat too many computer resources. All I want/need is to post a question in plain text and get an answer

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base