Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Нет оповещений

Нет оповищения об новых сообщениях. Пока не зайдешь в приложения, не видно сообщений.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to enable persistent notifications / alerts for group conversations.

If you message someone privately via teams they will get a popup, a sound notification and the Icon will flash orange - indicating that a message has arrived.

We want the ability to be able to turn this level of notification ON for group threads.

The threads are fairly Quiet and so this will not be intrusive, it would just be WAY more helpful if when we post into a group thread everyone knew about it Right away, rather than adding a Team update and then having to send an email saying "check teams", which kinda defeats the purpose

many…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Using Teams seems like a move backward

This is not a idea, this is a comment. Using Teams is a move backward. Going back and forth between chats and looking at different documents is a major pain in the $ss.

Why can't we have multiple Teams windows open at the sametime? If we are stuck using this awful software at least make it usable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Alles moet beter

Betere stabiliteit van de desktop applicatie (hij crash); keuze om bestanden lokaal of in een nieuw scherm te openen; leeslijsten zijn niet praktisch of niet beschikbaar; koppelingen openen zorgt ervoor dat je vorige koppeling verloren gaat; opnames zijn incompleet en omslachtig in gebruik; meldingen zijn opdringerig en bijna niet te onderdrukken; instellingen vanuit organisatie achterhalen is weinig transparant (vooral icm synchronisatie van verschillende platforms zoals outlook en teamleider) ; chat updates komen het ene moment snel binnen maar soms duurt het ook erg lang voor ze binnenkomen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Popups

Please allow IT Administrators to disable the popup messages for anything. If this application is going to truly be the replacement for Skype For Business (as I've heard), treat it like a business application. I tried going in to my messages and was greeted by a popup notice that I should download the app on my phone. I closed it and went to go select a user, and poof it popped up again immediately.
    This is just a nuisance of a feature that should not be in a messaging platform designed for business use. If I want the app on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Triple click has a random behaviour

Triple clicking should select the whole line
    It currently also (seemingly randomly) also selects AT LEAST one of:
    - The current message's date
    - The next message's date
    - The whole next message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams view filter

I am a consultant that is visiting multiple clients a week, sometimes a day. I have associates on each site. I usually have 2 SharePoint's set up for each client. One for internal only coordination and one for internal and external (client as members) coordination. When I open Teams App I would like to apply a filter as to which Teams/Groups/Plans are visible so that the client I am visiting can not see on my screen other client information or data. Any thoughts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove menus from textbot

YOU CANT SIMPLY COPY A MESSAGE YOU RECIEVE BECAUSE AN OPTIONS MENU (three dots) AND LIKE BUTTON BLOCK IT!!

This is incredibly fristrating, inconvenient and dumb. Formatting should be removed too when you paste things in there or as you copy it or as you receive it. Any mix will do.

Have those options available OUTSIDE the frigging text box itself or remove them or allow me to remove them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Problem with Deleted Messages - Incoming Messages Should Remain Undeleted

Our company is testing Teams with key personnel. Eventually, we would like to deploy it company wide and use Teams as our primary means of official communication. In order for this to happen, we are noticing a flaw in the deletion of messages. We are a company that strives for transparency and rely on written communication to achieve that goal. However, we cannot rely on Teams to overtake Outlook because when a message is deleted, it gets deleted from both sender and recipient. Is Microsoft working on this flaw? We want it where incoming messages are still present in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Full Desktop Version for Chromebooks

Glad to see Teams available to be downloaded on chromebooks, however, the layout has only been adopted from the mobile UI, which doesn't translate well to Chromebooks desktop like experience. Please bring a version optimized for larger screens to the Google Play Store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams to the next level

Today's Teams (desktop) is usable but not great -- it hasn't unlocked its full potential as an organizational collective intelligence platform. To get there, following features should be offered (to users who need/subscribe):

- WHAT: Multi-window, each supports a different "persona", and one or multiple personas can be tied to the same MS account
    - WHY: allow user switch between identifies. Very useful for consultants/contractors

- WHAT: tabbed view (like a web browser).
    - WHY: by switching between tabs the user can quickly switch between documents, channels, conversation threads, teams... and apps. Everyone is multitasking today. That's why IE also…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Desktop application

Desktop application takes a full window.it should be a small window at the corner and pop up the particular chat when someone pings. In this desktop application, sometimes it's difficult to find the person, who is trying to reaching you. Especially when someone is trying to reach through team chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. bad keyboard layout

Teams using a different keyboard layout then what is set in Windows. It is set to Hungarian 101 and teams works like it were set to "Hungarian". This layout is not even installed and not selectable! There is no other apps that has this problem (not Chrome etc).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Windows app should notify me of new chats/messages even when minimised

Recently the desktop app has not usually notified me of new chats/messages when it is minimised to the system notification area.

When I restore the window it checks for new messages within a few seconds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. go back to skype for business!! this is a very big step back in time, a total usles product

Go back to skype for business, this product should never have been put in production, it is a big waste of money, can not be used professonel.
    my customers are using skype for business and I can not communicate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. notification from teams - Who app

Teams is designed to show desktop notification through web app. when using desktop Team clients - Who app the notification is redundant and disturbing while using the chat functionality
    -kannan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Your multifunction tool doesnt let me do multiple functions at once. Sometimes i really need to have a chat open while writing a doc

Let me do multiple tasks in this app at the same time so o don't have to backtrack to my word document after someone sends me a ******* meme in chat or comments xd on my post

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Window crops. Snippets

Capability to screen crop a section to send.
    China's WeChat does this very well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. copy

We can't able to select the small sentence in the second message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.