Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back way to check version number in Teams on Windows Desktop

Not sure why it was removed, but it is helpful to know the version number installed on a machine when there are issues. If it is still in there, I've no idea where it got moved to. I cannot tell you which version this is happening in, because the menu to do so was removed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  swatijha responded

Please click on your image at bottom left and it should have ‘About’ as an option under it. About should show the version your are on.

Thanks

2. Behavior when installing Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams をインストールする際の動作
    Behavior when installing Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在、web から Microsoft Teams クライアントをダウンロードしてインストールする際、端末を起動した際に自動的に Microsoft Teams クライアントが起動する動作になっています。
    この動作を制御することができる設定の機能拡充を希望します。

Currently when you download the Teams client from the internet and install it, the Teams client will be set to start on boot for that device by default.

We would like a setting to control this functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reply individual thread through desktop teams application

Reply individual thread through desktop teams application

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow all participants to type and draw on a whiteboard or shared screen simultaneously

allow all participants to type and draw on a whiteboard or shared screen simultaneously. Right now, control must be requested and released, rather than being able to get input from all participants simultaneously for all to see and collaborate from

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Delete history

Add option to delete history, why is it on backlog. We need to have a clean screen please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Que posibilidad existe de que en los Teams Live se pueda colocar mas recuadros de opciones de lo que quiero mostrar al publico?

Buenas tardes para todos
    Que posibilidad existe de que en los Teams Live se pueda colocar mas recuadros de opciones de lo que quiero mostrar al publico? me explico actualmente en los Teams Live solo registran dos recuadros uno que dice cola que es donde coloco lo que voy a lanzar despues de lo que estoy mostrando en el recuadro derecho que dice en Directo , pero que posibilidad existe de que creen mas recuadros del cual yo pueda seleccionar que y como quiero mostrar al publico la información ejemplo que yo pueda lanzar en dos o mas cuadros al…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Responder mensagens

Neste momento de pandemia, estamos utilizando muito o Teams para conversas (além de video chamadas e reuniões), pois estamos em home office. Muitos assuntos são tratados, e acredito que a opção de responder mensagem, clicando em uma mensagem específica dentro do chat, iria auxiliar bastante.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Audio

Neste momento de pandemia, estamos utilizando muito o Teams para conversas, pois estamos em home office. Acredito que a inclusão da opção de envio de áudio no teams para desktop iria auxiliar bastante.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Get the subject posted on the channel

Post on channel You have entered the subject.
    Please implement the function that can get this subject in a list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Concerning message displayed when Teams is launched

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 起動時の表示について
    Concerning message displayed when Teams is launched

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams を起動すると 64bit 版のインストールを推奨する メッセージが表示さるため、インストールのメッセージを非表示にするような機能を実装してほしい。
    When you run Microsoft Teams, a message recommending you install the 64-bit version. We would like to be able to prevent that message being displayed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need flexibility to move the tool bar to the side or somewhere not on top of presentation

The current tool bar has been problematic when I need to complete screen shots. I know I can make it disappear by double clicking the screen but if I move mouse it reappears which is not ideal if I am multitasking or trying to do a screen shot. Hoping you can allow users to move or add toolbar outside of the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow a meeting to be to be scheduled from teams page adding all team members automatically

Team members are already identified but you should be able to schedule a meeting of a team and those members should just be added. If you cant then you run the chance of team members being missed because you have to added them individually

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. more options for video resolution.

the current resolution option of 360 p and 1080p doesn't fulfill all needs. if we use 360 P then video quality becomes very poor and if we make it 1080 then a lot of buffering happens. for 1080 p we easily get exhausted of data if we have a limited data plan. it would a lot of help if we have a option for 480 p and 720 p. I am expecting a good and early response.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. /UpdateTeams command please (checks for updates)

much like /whatsnew or /help I think it would be advantageous to /updateteams using the same command mechanism.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a feature allow user use Teams for Desktop and web can forward chat or message

In Teams for Mobile, it can reply and forward chat easily, but in Teams for Desktop and Web can't reply and forward chat, When I need to forward file to anyone I need to download and upload again, it not good.
    I need to this feature for reply someone and forward message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to minimize/hide chat content area

I would like to be able to hide/minimize the chat content area when I am not actively using chat, so the overall Teams window could narrower. When I'm not actively chatting, I only want to see my list of contacts or the list of recent chats, but as it is now, I always see the content of the last chat I selected or participated in on the right side of the Teams window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mouse over Teams windows taskbar icon to see active chats and/or active meetings

When Teams is running and you have multiple active chats and/or an active meeting, it would be nice to mouse-over the Windows Taskbar icon and be able to select any active chats or meetings in progress. This way you can quickly jump between them without having to navigate back through Teams directly. Maybe show the last 3 chat windows in the past X amount of minutes, and if there is an active meeting in progress also show that. Having different pop-out windows is different than what I'm asking. This way, even with pop-out windows, you can quickly switch between them…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Desktop version more like App version

A lot of people would appreciate if the Teams web version gave the same options as the Teams App did? I cannot access the app bc my work and school don't allow it for security reasons. So when I use it for nursing school on video I can only see 1 person at a time. It would be better to be able to see all 9 participants like you can on the app version. Additionally, adding all the other features the app provides like blurring the background. Lastly, give an option to be able to turn off stuff running in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Whiteboard in Teams

Whiteboard in teams is not available, because of that facing issue to express the ideas in diagrammatically way while being in meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)