Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fat client customization

Teams is definitively great and we are thinking to use it as "intranet", indeed more as cockpit, for all employee. Therefore it would be great then to customize it with company logo and colors.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When opening a file in a tab, the content is not zoomable. as users have different resolution settings, zooming is key

Zoomable content.

When opening a tab with for example an excel list, the content is not zoomable. as users have different resolution settings, not everone sees the full content, a zoom function would be helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Initial chat message only showing up in mobile client

Initial chat message never showed up in the Desktop client, only in the mobile client

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Respect open -g to launch in background on macOS

The macOS native client ignores the -g parameter in open -g and always launches the app into the foreground, stealing focus. That is, open -g /Applications/Microsoft\ Teams.app should open Teams in the background, and doesn't.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change notification sound

notification customize sound

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dual-monitor screen sharing

So Microsoft is getting rid of Skype for business, which has the option to share multiple screens at once, but they don't have that capability on Microsoft teams. I don't know why this hasn't garnered more attention, but a lot of businesses have agents with dual screens, so this needs to be added.

They should also make it so you don't have to close the screen share session and open a new one to switch which screen you are sharing, it should just be something that can be switched while in the same screen-share session.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams shortcut / command for start & stop sharing screen

We hope Teams can provide more shortcuts, such as start & stop sharing screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's not possible to download attachments from the "Attachments control" in Power Apps in Teams

When you open a PowerApp in a Teams Tab and you click on a attachment in "Attachments control", is nothing happens

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Work on document and chat simultaneously

It is not easy to view chats and work on a document simultaneously. I can't say how many times I've had to close the document I'm working on to go to a team chat, to respond to something, then spend five minutes getting back to the file to start working on it. I don't know how you fix this per se, perhaps be able to have multiple "tabs" open or perhaps be able to do split screen, or maybe be able to pull the chats up as an overlay that we see with HTML5 so often, all of these might…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a button to ask the user to share his desktop

While doing helpdesk, some users dont find the button to share their screen. Could be easier if we can ask him to share it unstead of helping him to find where is the sharing screen button. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Screen Share of Dual Monitors according to Pointer movement

If there is no option to share dual monitors at a time, then we can share the monitor of the presenter according to the mouse pointer . And also add pointer access for participants to switch from one screen to another, may be we can add shortcut in keyboard for this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search within each channel

Search option within each channel just like it's there on Yammer. Within each group you have a separate search option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hand pop-up shortcut

Like "mute button" or "hide webcam" on Metting pop-up, create a button "show hands" and notify (or not) when anyone send hand-up. For who is sharing the screen during the meeting it isn't possible to notice (when this pop-up button was "enabled") if someone trying to hand-up. This shortcut, like "mute button" in this pop-up will be amazing!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Open Windowed Chat from Notification

Now that windowed chat is enabled (thank you!!!), provide the option to open chats in their own window from the notification instead of in the main teams interface. If the thread is already open in a window, on click it could focus on the minimized window. That way if I'm working on a file in teams, clicking an incoming chat wouldn't navigate me away from it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. more options for video resolution.

the current resolution option of 360 p and 1080p doesn't fulfill all needs. if we use 360 P then video quality becomes very poor and if we make it 1080 then a lot of buffering happens. for 1080 p we easily get exhausted of data if we have a limited data plan. it would a lot of help if we have a option for 480 p and 720 p. I am expecting a good and early response.
    Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create a feature allow user use Teams for Desktop and web can forward chat or message

In Teams for Mobile, it can reply and forward chat easily, but in Teams for Desktop and Web can't reply and forward chat, When I need to forward file to anyone I need to download and upload again, it not good.
    I need to this feature for reply someone and forward message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to minimize/hide chat content area

I would like to be able to hide/minimize the chat content area when I am not actively using chat, so the overall Teams window could narrower. When I'm not actively chatting, I only want to see my list of contacts or the list of recent chats, but as it is now, I always see the content of the last chat I selected or participated in on the right side of the Teams window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mouse over Teams windows taskbar icon to see active chats and/or active meetings

When Teams is running and you have multiple active chats and/or an active meeting, it would be nice to mouse-over the Windows Taskbar icon and be able to select any active chats or meetings in progress. This way you can quickly jump between them without having to navigate back through Teams directly. Maybe show the last 3 chat windows in the past X amount of minutes, and if there is an active meeting in progress also show that. Having different pop-out windows is different than what I'm asking. This way, even with pop-out windows, you can quickly switch between them…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Edit channel privacy without deletion and reorder in GUI

Ability to reorder channels un teams desktop app besides putting number in front of channel, and be able to edit channels privacy from private to public and viceversa, with out deleting or renaming all the channels as word around

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base