Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Work on document and chat simultaneously

It is not easy to view chats and work on a document simultaneously. I can't say how many times I've had to close the document I'm working on to go to a team chat, to respond to something, then spend five minutes getting back to the file to start working on it. I don't know how you fix this per se, perhaps be able to have multiple "tabs" open or perhaps be able to do split screen, or maybe be able to pull the chats up as an overlay that we see with HTML5 so often, all of these might…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search within each channel

Search option within each channel just like it's there on Yammer. Within each group you have a separate search option

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need flexibility to move the tool bar to the side or somewhere not on top of presentation

The current tool bar has been problematic when I need to complete screen shots. I know I can make it disappear by double clicking the screen but if I move mouse it reappears which is not ideal if I am multitasking or trying to do a screen shot. Hoping you can allow users to move or add toolbar outside of the screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Open Windowed Chat from Notification

Now that windowed chat is enabled (thank you!!!), provide the option to open chats in their own window from the notification instead of in the main teams interface. If the thread is already open in a window, on click it could focus on the minimized window. That way if I'm working on a file in teams, clicking an incoming chat wouldn't navigate me away from it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to have chat on one monitor and a meeting on another monitor. Today, it only shrinks the meeting to a thumbnail

I want to have chat on one monitor and a meeting on another monitor. Today, it only shrinks the meeting to a thumbnail

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. option to add polls

when in group chat please add option to create Poll and vote for it. this otherwise feels like spam messages

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Flip my vignette view - its a video, not a mirror!

I should be seeing the same video image which the other participants are seeing of me, not my mirror image. It confuses when using gestures to describe and define.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Control team visibility with admin

Infrequently used teams are moved to Hidden Teams.
    If you move to Hidden Teams, you may also make new posts.
    However, members are missed because they are not notified.
    Team members need to look at this.
    Therefore, we hope that the administrator will implement a function to move from [Hidden Team] to [Your Team].

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have a background for webmeetings in Teams, so maybe a logo or company name appears behind the company people in the Teams webmeeting.

Have a background for webmeetings in Teams, so maybe a logo or company name appears behind the company people in the Teams webmeeting. Would this been done through Themes? I know there are 3 Themes by default which can be changed

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display Contacts Status

It would be nice to be able to shrink the window size down to skinny box or toolbar that shows your contacts and their status' without the chat behind them. Kind of like how Skype does it, using less desktop real estate.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. being able to resize the height of the bottom bar (participant area)

it should be possible to resize the bottom bar where all connected users are listed when screen is shared. right now taking too much space.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. mute outlook notifications when in a teams call

I have been involved in a few Teams calls lately but when I have Outlook open and emails arrive, the notification sound still sounds and is audible on the Teams calls.

All notification sounds, even those from other programs, should be muted when you are on a Teams call.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Pop out audio and video calls to a separate screen for MacOS

Lot of times there is need to see what is being presented in a Teams call on one screen (or part of a screen) and still continue to use Teams in another screen.

Allow users to pop out audio and video calls to a separate screen for MacOS

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remote access with Teams

Hello, my name is Djalma I work with IT support. I use Teams application in my work and I think it's very good. It would be great if it had the functionality for remote access between participants.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why don't we have option to view the shared screen in full screen?

Why don't we have option to view the shared screen in full screen?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams desktop app does not have locked out option

MS teams desktop app does not have locked out option to lock teams app. It is very easy to see chat history by someone else when you leave your PC. So, I have to lock pc or log out teams every time. It is very highly personal security risk. Why MS teams doesn't have this feature but other app has?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow access control on Files uploaded in teams, read write delete update

Allow us to control users access on files, that users should not be allowed to edit file only comments, users should not be allowed to delete file without permission and notification on shared filed deletion

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Microsoft teams Desktop should allow to add multiple accounts like pidgin or trillian. The desktop version doesn't allow it as of now.

Microsoft teams Desktop should allow to add multiple accounts like pidgin or trillian. The desktop version doesn't allow it as of now. Like I should be able to add client and my own company Microsoft account in teams and should be able to communicate with both seamlessly. This is a priority requirement for people like me who are in consulting world and working with client. As of now I use client teams in desktop and my company teams in browser ( but it sucks).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Permit replies to specific portion of the conversation via the computer

Currently replies via the mobile apps permit users to reply to specific portions of a conversation. This is very good as it provide context to that statement.
    This function is not available when replying via the computer.
    Appreciate the developer's consideration. Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to copy images / text

Ability to copy images from Teams conversation into a word document, CTRL + C and CTRL + V do not work, this is so standard between other Microsoft applications that it is scary not to be able to do this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base