Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have links to teams files hyperlink from inside teams

If you set up an excel sheet inside of Teams and use it as a index for other documents, using the copy link functionality. Then the excel sheet will not allow you to click on the hyperlinks while inside teams. It needs to be exported out of Teams and then the links work as designed. I believe you should be able to click these links while the document is open inside of teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "What is new in this version" after update

Hi,

as Teams are currently developing many new features it would be good that in "About" there is a section "What is new". In that section list of new features would help early adopters in the org

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Being able to open more than one Team desktop app window

In other Windows applications, you can have more than one window (not tab) open. That would be extremely useful.

Being on a call today that was showing some functionality of Teams was great, but I was unable to easily follow the demo and test it out for myself without the meeting window being minimised to a tiny size!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. (macOS) Close to menubar instead of dock

Add a setting that allows the Teams macOS desktop app to be closed to the macOS menubar instead of staying in the dock. Basically all other IM/messaging apps will stay in the menubar and have options (or by default) will not stay stuck in the dock, because this is more of an always-open background app than it is a productivity app or a game or browser or something.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Easier document view switching

When reading one document, ability to pin and and go and look at another document Rather than have it disappear and have to go and find it again, ability to pin it or have more than one window open at a time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. window size / no proportion lock

More window size options for the teams for PC; I like how small the skype chat window can get.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Be able to separate the videochat window to move it to another monitor or around

I am having a videochat and I cannot see the other chats easily because the videochat/meeting is taking over my whole screen.
    It would be very useful to be able to separate the videochat window by itself to move it around or to another monitor

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Save Image

"Save/Download Image" (or other attachment) in context menu

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams stores too many entries in Windows Credential Manager

One action we have been directed to do in troubleshooting Teams launch issues is to clear all saved passwords for the Teams app which are located in the Windows Credential Manager.
    Currently, Teams has over 20 entries here! Removing any of them and relaunching teams makes them all get created again.
    All the entries here make troubleshooting login issues a real pain, and these need to be consolidated and simplified.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. we really need sound notifications

teams app needs chat sounds

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Separate teams/chat, calendar, calls, and files into separate executables

Having all of these disparate workflows, which are already largely independent of each other and only slightly interconnected, is needless bloat, wasting space when I only need to use one, and making things more difficult when I need to use more than one (eg. read a chat while in a call). It's like if Word, Powerpoint, and Excel all lived in one window and I couldn't look at more than one at the same time, but also had an always-visible sidebar telling me the others exist. These should be in separate executables.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A cool feature would be so that you can Pin a chat message especially in a group chat so that it doe

In the desktop app it would be cool if you could pin a message in a group chat so it doesn't get lost. If you want everyone to see it. Pin it to the side or something maybe.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のチャネルの詳細な利用状況をエクスポートできるような機能を追加してほしい

Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

■Description(内容):
    チャネル単位での Teams への投稿内容や、メンションの数、メンションの内容、「LIKE」の数をカウントして BI ツールで投稿との関連性を調査し、利用することを想定している。チャネル単位で BI ツールと連携可能な形での利用状況のカウントが簡易的に取得できるような機能を追加してほしい。

We would like to investigate the relevance between the Teams posts and the detailed usage by using BI tool, for each channel in Teams, such as contents of posts, the number of mentions, contents of mentions and the number of “Like”s.
    Therefore, we would like you to provide a feature to obtain the detailed usage information for Teams and collaborate with BI tool more easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cockpit

In my "Team" I want to be able to create a channel tab that provides links to several other tools and/or websites like a cockpit using tiles. Each tile has an assigned hyperlink that takes me to the tool/website or it opens up in teams directly (preferred). With a hover-over I can see a short description of the tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. For the desktop version, the "Your Teams" window should be resizable.

For the desktop version, the "Your Teams" window should be resizable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Audio on the Mobile App but Screenshare on the Desktop App

I'm beginning to like Teams...however one feature I really need is starting to REALLY bug me. If I'm out and about and I take a call from a colleague on the mobile app and he/she wants to screenshare with me - it's no good using the mobile app for that for many reasons. What I'd love to do is continue using my mobile for audio but screenshare from the desktop. If I do that it cuts my audio off...and sometimes I don't have a headset or similar to hand so would really like to use the mobile for voice while…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Room mode

Have a "room mode" in the desktop version of the app.

Currently we rely on a meeting room computer with a consumer Skype account. We will inevitably one day get a proper room system, but in the meantime we already have what we need equipment wise... just not software-wise.

It would be useful if you could setup a desktop installation of MS Teams as a meeting room so that staff do not need to login with their accounts (which they would then forget to log out of), or have dedicated meeting room users.

Maybe this is already possible and I've…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. when someone writes to me on my desktop, the Teams tab in the taskbar starts blinking. I always miss this blinking and therefore miss the e

when someone writes to me on my desktop, the Teams tab in the taskbar starts blinking. I always miss this blinking and therefore miss the message. Can there be a pop-up notification?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Broadcast / Announce to all Teams users on Teams APP

Teams is a hub of O365 tools, then sometimes we would like to inform current trouble status or new feature to all Teams users at once. If we can show announce banner on top of Teams app, like under search window, it would be more helpful for all Teams users and Teams admins.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multi-Account platform.

Hey team, I just landed an idea... Teams should be able to use multiple accounts; This intented to outsourcing and partner companies.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base