Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send Audio Recording from Microsoft Teams Desktop

I see you can press the microphone button now and send an audio message directly from a mobile device. Can we also have that button for the desktop app?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ctrl+J should open Files so you can see the file that was downloaded

Ctrl+J is used in all major browsers to open the list of downloaded files. When you click a link/file in teams that results in a download, it is instinct to hit Ctrl+J to get to the file download list. Please add this shortcut key to flip to the either Recents or Downloads page of the Files rail app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. select messages in chat

Please add ability to select messages in chat and for actions with them: Forward, Delete etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need to have new message notification without displaying content.

It is true that banners will be suppressed when I am presenting, But what about the entire team sitting together and seeing one monitor ? I don't have any option to Hide the banner content.

When I Hide it, it doesn't show any indication of new message. I want to get notification that a new message came without displaying the entire content. It would be nice to have banners without displaying the content. Otherwise just a highlight on the minimized tab also will work.
    But now,as soon as I switch off banners, nothing comes as an indication for new message.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow tenant-wide, administrator control of settings

Allow tenant-wide control of settings like the following:

Auto-start application

Open application in background

On close, keep the application running

Disable GPU hardware acceleration (requires restarting Teams)

Register Teams as the chat app for Office (requires restarting Office applications)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. chats in taskbar

It would be very nice to have access to direct chats from my taskbar, as other chat apps do. It is annoying to have to click 3 times to find active chats when I'm used to 1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New message notification

When new messages comes, it shows the notification pop up in the bottom. If you don't notice then its goes off. After that it shows the number in the task bar in the teams icon. It would be helpful if you click the Teams icon in that task . it would take to the latest message instead of where we left off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1. Option to multiple chat from recent apps is missing 2.Under group chat its difficult view whether all are online are not.

We should have status indicator in group chat. Otherwise we will not know who is able view the message amd who is away or off-line. There shouls one pane screen

Group chat should be like individual group chat like whatsapp. Not only left alligned which really confusing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See Conversations

Skype for Business used to be connected to Outlook, which would allow for searching for specific items in Outlook. The search function in Teams Desktop works but if the conversation is over a month old, it won't pull up the full conversation. I would like be able to navigate all my conversations, no matter how old.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please reinstate back the menu in MS Teams which was modified in the recent update. Please get it back.

Please reinstate back the menu in MS Teams which was modified in the recent update. Please get it back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Minimal Desktop bar

I would suggest making a minimal size desktop view. I envision this being similar to the old Office app that resided on the desktop, sitting on the top of the screen (or able to move it wherever desired) with easy notifications when there is activity. The current view is hard to use when working on other applications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Choose which activities show

Let me choose which activities show up in the activity feed. All I see now is my sent messages. Who cares about that? I sent them. I want to see unanswered messages across all teams. and I'd like to choose to show messages, only those with files, only those marked with urgency, only planner updates, or some or all of the above.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hide Notifications (Do Not Disturb)

The setting for automatic hiding of notifications when duplicating screens in PowerPoint or Web Meetings is a great feature on Skype Business through the "Do Not Disturb" automatic status change. Please make sure to deliver in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need to be abale to delete conversation for every one

Need to be able to delete conversation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Screen Grab

On the Desk top app I can take a screen grab and add it to my chat BUT if i have pasted the wrong thing in there I cant delete it out. I have to post it then delete it. While it is still not sent I should be able to delete it. As the way you do it the person I am chatting with get a notification that i hit send on something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Full desktop version to iPadOS

Since iPadOS and iPads now are more and more becoming a standard workplace for many.

Please make the iPadOS version more intune with the full desktop version of Mac/Win. I know the web version can be used. But it’s still not to par with the desktop variants. At the moment I am toggling between the app and the web version in some of my workloads. I would be much more effecient if everything was available in the iPadOS-app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have links to teams files hyperlink from inside teams

If you set up an excel sheet inside of Teams and use it as a index for other documents, using the copy link functionality. Then the excel sheet will not allow you to click on the hyperlinks while inside teams. It needs to be exported out of Teams and then the links work as designed. I believe you should be able to click these links while the document is open inside of teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "What is new in this version" after update

Hi,

as Teams are currently developing many new features it would be good that in "About" there is a section "What is new". In that section list of new features would help early adopters in the org

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Being able to open more than one Team desktop app window

In other Windows applications, you can have more than one window (not tab) open. That would be extremely useful.

Being on a call today that was showing some functionality of Teams was great, but I was unable to easily follow the demo and test it out for myself without the meeting window being minimised to a tiny size!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. (macOS) Close to menubar instead of dock

Add a setting that allows the Teams macOS desktop app to be closed to the macOS menubar instead of staying in the dock. Basically all other IM/messaging apps will stay in the menubar and have options (or by default) will not stay stuck in the dock, because this is more of an always-open background app than it is a productivity app or a game or browser or something.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base