Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Operating System

would be great to have an "oriented to work" Operating System, based on Microsoft Teams. TeamsOS. With an internal Internet browser. Think about it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Eliminate Teams landing page in Edge asking if want to download desktop app and eliminate notification quiery popup

I use the web app not the desktop app so I can have multiple instances open. Everytime I go to the teamsite in Edge, it asks if I want the desktop app. I just want the browser to open with my Teamsites.

Also, the popup asking if I want notifications turned on continues to popup. Eliminate this popup.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. About the confirmation method of installation

I would like to add the ability to check the number of Microsoft teams installed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unreliable desktop client

We have deployed MS Teams with SCCM.

We allow the software to auto update but this currently gives us a few challenges:

1. Teams client closes multiple times a day, it remains in the notification areas until mouse over and then disappears and must be relaunched.

2. Teams disappears from the system - presumably because it tries to auto update and fails leaving the user with no Teams install.

3. A relatively new message in a grey bar at the top of the client notifying the user to update to continue using Team and contact their administrator.

These behaviours are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Go back to skype

You had to ruin a great idea. There was nothing wrong with Skype. Why did you scrap it with your silly 3rd grade solution?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. So far not happy AT ALL with Teams/Skype debacle. Syncing is happening, Teams won't finish installing on some systems, many messages missed

Need to fix the issues with Teams not completing installs, messages getting lost between Skype and Teams users, and the list goes on. There appear to be serious issues getting Teams rolled out on PCs where Skype for Business is installed. In some cases Teams gets installed, but can't configure, and closes itself when it tries to open. Teams effects the Skype interface to the Contact groups no longer appear, and leaves user with no way to continue reaching out, as Skype gets broken and Teams won't start.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring the Android UI to Windows (and Mac) Desktop (a new take on the "compact view" request)

I really like Teams, but the one reason I still keep Skype for Business running is the small window size. It occurred to me while using Teams on my Android phone that there is already an ideal solution to this issue. Put a toggle into the desktop app to allow the use of the android style layout that shows the Teams tools that cover 90% of my needs (chat and team browser tab) in a window that is roughly equal to a Skype conversation window. Then allow me to toggle back to the full desktop view when I need to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reduce vast white space in the desktop view

Reduce vast amount of white space to enable to teams to occupy a small amount of a desktop screen.
    Minimising the text size is not a solution to this
    Have option for latest message to show on top not at the bottom
    Have message alert show actual message or part of it, rather than just alert to message, as in the start of an email, or a tweet, to minimise useless clicking on non-useful messages that show just "new message" where large numbers of people are messaging in teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Barras superiores

hola, las barras superiores son muy anchas y no aportan contenido ni funcionalidad a la aplicación.
    Es más, el titulo de la aplicacion de word que estoy usando se encuentra duplicado.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Incoming call notification

I'm using a lot of head set, but not all the time. Head set is connected to USB all the time.

I would like to hear something like ringtone also from desktop/laptop, when I'm not wearing head set.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot "Unhide" multiple chats from search results

Once a Chat is hidden, the only way to get it back is to search and then once selected you can "unhide" it. The problem is if that was not the one you wanted, you have to search again, find the one you wanted go through the process again.

You should be able to select multiple chats from the search results so they all show up in your private chats and then you could unhide them all.

Chats should have a "hide" / "unhide" icon directly in the private chat display so you do not need to go into the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Do not display Contacts | Favorites unless the user actually has Favorites

Screen real-estate is valuable. Taking up space with something that a user doesn't use causes excessive scrolling. Forcing a user to give up space to Contacts | Favorites when they don't use Favorites within Contacts causes loss of productivity, frustrates the user and costs the company real money.

Do not show "Favorites" under Contacts unless the user actually marks a contact as a Favorite.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Concurrency

Allow for multiple concurrent instances so items can dropped between conversations, folders, threads etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add ability to open Teams window if closed on Mac desktop client

If I close the Teams window on the Mac desktop client, there is no way to get it back. I have to quit Teams and re-open it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Immersive Reader --> Reading references (book Symbol) -->Translator --> "Kannada is missing"

Why Kannada language is missing in MS Teams:
    "Immersive Reader --> Reading references (book Symbol) -->Translator --> "Kannada is missing"

What should I do to add Kannada language ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Outlook User status

Before in skype, if the app is opened you will get the status of other employees once you are sending emails to them as it's reading this info from Skype, with teams this feature doesn't exist

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is Microsoft Teams support build in UWP app?

My custom need develop a UWP app on VR device. So, need App can exchange information with Microsoft Teams. Or, like IE can build-in app, could you please confirm Microsoft Teams support build in UWP app? Or, other solution?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BRB is now "Away" with the latest desktop version ???

Just installed 1.2.00.2460 (64-bit) yesterday... please see attached screenshot... which one of you did this? Do you even have a QA department at all?????

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.