Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting or Training Presentation in separate window

I would like to be able to open a meeting or other type of presentation in a separate window to enable use of other features without having to minimize or navigate away from the enlarged meeting window

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit Displayed User Names

It would be more convenient if we could customize user display name to allow better identification of individuals. For external contacts, email addresses are currently displayed and cannot be edited to reflect the contact's name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Double clicking on screen shared by others should show up as Full Screen view

When the other party shares the screen, we have to click on three dots and then click on Full Screen view. Instead, provide an option to go to Full Screen view when the screen is double clicked. This option is available in Cisco WebEx. Then clicking 'Esc' should come out of Full Screen view.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Set incoming ringtones per call queue

Since multiple call queues may be directed to the same person it would be great to be able to set unique ringtones per call queue so that the receptionist can easily identify who is calling without having to look at the notification toast. This would allow them to make the appropriate greeting when using a headset when stepping away from their desk.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Video call option to see all the members

During one of our video calls, we were more than 6 people [all remote] but we could see only 4 people on the screen and the rest would show up as icons. Would be good to have an option to be able to see everyone's video in a mosaic format

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Recording video from host computer while recording a Team Meeting

When hosting a Teams meeting to record a live group training, we often share video of the computer's camera. We want to be able to record the full screen video and not have it just be a quadrant of the full screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. make the chat app smaller

the chat app takes so much space on my computer screen. we should be able to shrink it smaller and adjust the width of the names and chat dialog spaces as well

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Regarding the "Copy Image" menu shown when right clicking on a profile photo in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams におけるプロフィール画像を右クリックした際の [画像をコピー] の動作について​
    Regarding the "Copy Image" menu shown when right clicking on a profile photo in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Teams デスクトップ アプリにて顔写真が設定されているユーザーとのチャット画面で写真上で右クリックすると [画像をコピー] メニューが表示される。
    現在はこれが動作しないことを確認している。
    ユーザーの顔写真をコピーされることは運用ルール上好ましくないため、コピー メニューが非表示となるよう要望します。
    A "Copy Image" menu will be shown when right clicking on the photo in the chat screen with a user who has a face photo set in the Teams desktop app.
    Currently this is not working.
    It is not favourable in terms of operation rules to let a user copy other users' face photos, so please hide the "Copy Image" menu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to have new message notification without displaying content.

It is true that banners will be suppressed when I am presenting, But what about the entire team sitting together and seeing one monitor ? I don't have any option to Hide the banner content.

When I Hide it, it doesn't show any indication of new message. I want to get notification that a new message came without displaying the entire content. It would be nice to have banners without displaying the content. Otherwise just a highlight on the minimized tab also will work.
    But now,as soon as I switch off banners, nothing comes as an indication for new message.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. delete entire chat message, not just individual messages that I send

Be able to delete an entire chat message, not just individual messages that I send to someone... If I want to delete an entire conversation with a coworker I should be able too.

Also, better notifications for when teams is minimized instead of a small red 1 on the app which doesn't grab my attention at all. Maybe include a flashing option like Skype does until the person opens the chat to view the message.

In my settings I have it set to open automatically when I sign-in to my computer but it won't open/load when I sign on....Therefore, won't…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Screen Grab

On the Desk top app I can take a screen grab and add it to my chat BUT if i have pasted the wrong thing in there I cant delete it out. I have to post it then delete it. While it is still not sent I should be able to delete it. As the way you do it the person I am chatting with get a notification that i hit send on something.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Full desktop version to iPadOS

Since iPadOS and iPads now are more and more becoming a standard workplace for many.

Please make the iPadOS version more intune with the full desktop version of Mac/Win. I know the web version can be used. But it’s still not to par with the desktop variants. At the moment I am toggling between the app and the web version in some of my workloads. I would be much more effecient if everything was available in the iPadOS-app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to uninstall Skype for Business from Office

After upgrading to Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business included in ProPlus cannot be uninstalled, even though Skype for Business is restricted.

If not available, you should implement an option to uninstall

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Desktop sharing should allow a certain, definable area of the screen to be shared

Desktop sharing should allow a certain, definable area of the screen to be shared, for example the left half, the right third, the first quarter at the top left, and so on.

Reason:

I work with a large screen and high resolution at my workplace. Other team users use smaller screens with lower resolutions. Accordingly, you can't see things so well on my shared screen. Releasing just a single application, on the other hand, is too little, because you would always have to laboriously change the released application. So it would be easier to share half or 2/3 of your…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. window size / no proportion lock

More window size options for the teams for PC; I like how small the skype chat window can get.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Develop the ability to segregate meeting participants by multiple call in numbers in the same meeting.

Develop the ability to segregate meeting participants by multiple call in numbers in the same meeting. We need the ability to mute and unmute groups/locations at one time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to separate the videochat window to move it to another monitor or around

I am having a videochat and I cannot see the other chats easily because the videochat/meeting is taking over my whole screen.
    It would be very useful to be able to separate the videochat window by itself to move it around or to another monitor

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save Image

"Save/Download Image" (or other attachment) in context menu

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preferred IM Client

MS Teams Client hijacks the PreferredIMClient setting when tenant is in "Teams Only" mode. This is problematic for companies who use multiple IM clients (e.g. Cisco Jabber).

Please prevent the MS Teams client from hijacking the
    HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\IM Providers\DefaultIMApp value when in "Teams Only" mode.

A "FindTime" aside:
    We needed to change our tenant to "Islands" mode to prevent the PreferredIMClient hijack behavior. In "Islands" mode, the FindTime "online meeting" option does not auto-schedule Teams meetings. In order to get FindTime "online meetings" to work, we have to be in "Teams Only" mode. We decided to break FindTime to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base