Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include Company in Call History

The call history includes a Name for callers if they are in my contacts list. It would be nice if it showed the Name, Company and the phone number used on the call, as well as the date and time the call took place.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. docking

HI!

It would be of really great help, if we would be able do dock off certain functions, or put it in an own window:

Example:
    We use Teams as IP Phone Solution and so we have to keep the phone funtionallity always open. If then someone sends a Chat Message you always have to switch to chatmode and back.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams app window position

I have multiple screens.
    I open Teams and then move it to another screen.
    When I close Teams and re-open it, it then opens on my main desktop screen again. This did not always happen, in previous versions of teams it would open on the screen it was last on.

This behaviour seems to change from update to update - almost as if there wasn't proper version control going on.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a flag to the MSI installer to clean up per user installs

The new MSI installer is a very welcome addition, but the process of converting a machine from a per-user install to system wide is a bit of a pain.

Why not add an option to the installer to do this when the MSI is deployed?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Deep links need to be Pretty

If I’m grabbing a ref to share in another tool I don’t want to see the long obnoxious URL that has 10 giuds, etc. it short be REST like and follow the breadcrumb expectation of the user. Visually it could be “– cse fte - > region – Americas -> canan east -> all hands meetings > this month”

This is such a turnoff, no to mention when it fails more than half the time to go where the deep link was pointing. At least with a visual breadcrumb I can step back to my human form and click into…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customization

Add personalisation just like in SharePoint where you can add your Company logo and look and feel + adding custom style sheets etc.
    Would be so much nicer if you can make it more personal to your own companies styling

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. notification on desktop app

Multiple notifications came out from the same chat and there is no way to dismiss the notification other than clicking into the chat one by one. Each line of chat are displayed as separate notification and flooded the right side of screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. min window width is too large for my liking.

min window width is too large for my liking. Option are way to minimal...but we have stickers?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Loading Screen Stuck

On my machine, there's a bug where the 'Loading Teams...' screen gets stuck and stays visible even after Teams is running, and I can't close it. I have to use Task Manager to kill it and restart Teams several times a day. It seems to be tied to suspend/resume as it doesn't happen right away when I start Teams. I'm using an HP ZBook with an HP dock.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Making the dekstop install not so buggy

I have had to install, uninstall, and reinstall both the 32 and 64 versions of Teams on my desktop at least 4 times now. It will work for a day maybe 2 at the most and then go through a spiral of trying to login, closing the program, and trying to login again. This cycle would repeat for an entire 8 hour work day if I didn't force shut down the program. I can't in good conscience roll this out to even a test team in the company if they can't get the download to function properly

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs your feedback  ·  swatijha responded

Thanks for sharing information. Would you mind sharing your machine spec and names of any major software you are running on it (Office, VSO, etc.) so that we could try to recreate similar machine/environment and see if we can repro the issue?

Appreciate your inputs!
    Swati Jhawar
    Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Teams

12. When screen sharing the whole screen the red line covers the indicator of which app is open

When screen sharing the whole screen the red line covers the indicator of which app is open making it very hard to go back to windows you might have open in that screen if the window isn't active.

The file attached shows what I can see when the red line is active and in that example 4 of those applications are opened.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. split screen option for multiple screens

During meetings where sharing a screen is necessary, being able to see meeting participants is also a great way to find out whether the content is engaging or not. However, the grid on the bottom of the share screen does not allow myself or others of my team to see the meeting participants in this way since the thumbnails are too small. Having the ability to open these participant thumbnails onto another screen would allow me to engage with my peers/students/employees in a way that I can share content and see the participants on a separate screen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Separate Contacts from Chat

Contacts and Chat should be separate apps - Contacts should not be embedded in Chat app

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiple MS Teams Windows open at the same time

I would like to open two separate windows for MS Teams. This would be good as I could view different sets of files at the same time, instead of having to navigate back and forth to view the files

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Teams less resource-intensive!

Teams is resource-hungry and makes a laptop unusable as it starves it from RAM. As shown in the attachment, it's consuming 1.2GB of RAM! We have to use Teams because it's mandated at work, but other applications like Slack and Telegram are not as resource-intensive!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MS teams chat icon availability status icon

when I am watching a live training video, hands free, the availability icon shows away. Instead it should be green as I am working.

How can I keep the MS team status icon always available when watching a Training video, if I am hands free

Please advise!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. whiteboard for regular group chat

Want to have whiteboard for regular group chat. We don't want to start a meeting to use whiteboard. General developers and architects can have architect discussion and use whiteboard, especially at the time pandemic or any dev or architect is working from home can use whiteboard for design discussions.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reply to a particular message for desktop application.

Reply to a particular message for desktop application.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reply like in WhatsApp in Teams desktop app

t would be really helpful if you could reply to a specific message within a conversation or thread by clicking on the box and pressing reply like in WhatsApp in Desktop / Laptop (Win 10) app.

This feature is already there in ios & android

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base