Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable addition of photos from my pictures to use as background effects

enable addition of photos from my pictures to use as background effects

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. back screen to hide your home background other than blured

Give options to create a screen save/background as Zoom has

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a Personal Home Page in Teams

It would be great if users could create their own personal landing page (similar to SharePoint). If I could set this up, I'd be able to see my feed, calendar, and Team Channels on my personal landing page.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recording video from host computer while recording a Team Meeting

When hosting a Teams meeting to record a live group training, we often share video of the computer's camera. We want to be able to record the full screen video and not have it just be a quadrant of the full screen.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. pop up

if you could move the pop up to another area of the screen. the right hand corner is used already by so many other sources plus if you could either get rid of the pop up voice or lower it. it really gets on ones nerves

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To have the ability to 'dock' teams to the side of my desktop, then ability to be 'minimized' until scrolled over.it 'm

To have the ability to 'dock' teams to the side of my desktop, then ability to be 'minimized' until scrolled over

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Full desktop version to iPadOS

Since iPadOS and iPads now are more and more becoming a standard workplace for many.

Please make the iPadOS version more intune with the full desktop version of Mac/Win. I know the web version can be used. But it’s still not to par with the desktop variants. At the moment I am toggling between the app and the web version in some of my workloads. I would be much more effecient if everything was available in the iPadOS-app.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Excessive CPU load

Teams application is obviously having some kind of an issue, because when it's not in use and minimized to tray, the app loads CPU with 30% or even more. I just completely uninstalled it and will only plan to use it through browser. If it's not mandatory by my company, I wouldn't use it at all.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show other contact numbers when clicking the Phone button

On the Windows Desktop App, when clicking on the Handset Icon it shows only Teams and Mobile number. It should show all the contact numbers setup for the user on ad.
    Similar request here:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Can-we-enable-calling-from-the-Contact-Card/td-p/481556

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to control default action of [Edit] button on Word/Excel/PowerPoint viewer

I want to control default action of [Edit] button on Word/Excel/PowerPoint viewer in Teams. [Edit] button default action is "edit in Teams" now, but I want to set default action to "edit in Word/Excel/PowerPoint(desktop client)".

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would like the ability to copy a customized hyper link into Teams that will open into a locally installed application.

I have customer who want to get ability to copy a customized hyper link into Teams that will open into a locally installed application.
    Customer would like the ability to copy a customized hyper link into Teams that will open into a locally installed application. You will copy the customized hyper link and copy it into Teams to send to other staff in his organization.

What the customer is attempting to do is to create a customized hyperlink and copy it into Teams to send to other staff in his organization. The link like this : “edient:Command=ShowEditForm&ControllerID=SupportIncident......“ this link can…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pin a wiki page to the sidebar and/or open in a separate tab

When working on a wiki page for any substantial amount of time, you may need to interact with people via a channel or chat. It's pretty painful to go back to the channel and wiki, find the page you were working on again... then go answer a chat and have to re-locate that all over again. The "back" button isn't a solution because if you've answered several chats then it takes you back through the whole history.

I'd like to be able to pin a page to the sidebar or possibly open it in a new tab in the desktop…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is Microsoft Teams support build in UWP app?

My custom need develop a UWP app on VR device. So, need App can exchange information with Microsoft Teams. Or, like IE can build-in app, could you please confirm Microsoft Teams support build in UWP app? Or, other solution?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. can I use Chrome (chrome.exe --app=https://teams.microsoft.com) instead of Desktop app

Teams Desktop isn't really Teams app; it's just Electron (Chromium?).

In an enterprise environment with roaming profiles, it is impractical; it installs per-user; it updates per-user.

Teams is a PWA.

I can use Chrome directly and get similar results;

chrome.exe --app=https://teams.microsoft.com
    Operationally, this is vastly superior;

no need to install or update Teams app

in an environment with roaming profiles that are deleted at logoff, the computer becomes much more responsive (in the user's perception).
    Chrome is already deployed on all computers and is already self-updating
    If people use Chrome as well, will it "share" the application memory, reducing…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve management of Members

When looking at Members, Owners and Guest, could the following be updated.
    Guests separated from members.
    Add filter columns to make it easier to manage.
    Add groups to make it easier to communicate with Team without creating channels.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat vs Activity

The Recent activity is a crowded mess. Whenever I start a chat with someone it should show in the chat not activity. I can't manage it very well and often miss things. Slack does it so well where if you add a group or you have a one off chat it is there as a chat, not as activity. The issues are further exasperated by group postings that crowd more important things out.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. outlook reply with IM attach email item

when using outlook and selecting reply with IM, attach the email message to the chat so the participants know what it is about

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add contact which have non-E.164 formartted phone number

In Teams, only E.164 phone number is able to added to contacts now. However, I need a feature to add contact any phone number which is not E.164 formatted (e.g. extension number).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Desktop share during chat without need of meeting

We need desktop share like we do with Lync

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set topic

Hello Teams, it would be great if where possible to set an specific topic at the top of the conversations, as an reminder

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base