Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 7, Microsoft Teams notification pop-up stay for long time. Anyways to control it

On Windows 7 Machine, Microsoft Teams notification stay for long time - 4-5 mins. Which was annoying for the users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ALLOW ME TO EXPORT A CONVERSATION!!!! PLEASE. PRETTY PLEASE.

selecting the contents of a convo (ctrl C) leaves off tons of selected text. Pasting it into a doc is a total joke, and it's on your product. Comon. This is basic functionality. Take your bots and whatnot and put them aside to provide an OUNCE of usability for this simple use case. Below is a snippet showing repeated lines and senseless lines like "Profile picture of Andy". So sloppy. It reflects your lack of attention to real use cases as opposed to ones that 1% of your users leverage.

cool, by Matt.
    11:19 AM
    cool
    I'll let you know,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. can't install teams in surface go

Get a new surface go, teams cant be found in the search bar as usual. When I go to https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads to download and install teams, I first got error message Smartscreen can't be reached now, then the following error message. I understand neither and teams is not installed. Such a bad experience.

This helps protect your PC and keep it running smoothly.

C:\Users\qingf\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\Teams_windows_x64 (5).exe

Still want to run this unverified app?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Restart to Reconnect on Startup

My Surface Pro 4 usually starts up before an Internet connection can be established. We're talking a matter of seconds, here. If Teams manages to start up before the Internet connection is established, I am asked to restart the application. Since it starts up in the system tray, I might not notice this for several hours. This seems like it could be easily avoided.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Consolidate Headers

Get rid of the additional header when viewing a file (pdf, excel, word) and not editing. This hogs a ton of screen space, even in the 'expanded tab' view and does not add any value to the experience.

Screenshot for clarification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Local version for the To-Do application.

Although To-do is integrated with Outlook, it would be simpler to use the tool if a local version, such as the Teams and Onenote applications, was installed in the machine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams app window position

I have multiple screens.
    I open Teams and then move it to another screen.
    When I close Teams and re-open it, it then opens on my main desktop screen again. This did not always happen, in previous versions of teams it would open on the screen it was last on.

This behaviour seems to change from update to update - almost as if there wasn't proper version control going on.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add more apps

In the desktop app, I should be able to add more items to the left side of the app panel.

Unless the option is already there, and I am merely missing it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi, is it possible to setup automatic notification popups in MS Teams when we receive a new chat or any update? If yes, how?

I'm unable to see any notification popup's with the desktop version of MS Teams. We always have to open up and see the if there is any new chats or anything. I think it's a great idea to implement automatic popup messages to the desktop version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Client problems

Windows Desktop client and Apps are too resource heavy. 
    My android app has a flag indicating a new item but it is not there when i open it up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Logout

The app logs me out every time i want to use it. The frustrating thing is that my account is linked to a different phone number than the one i use, so i can’t use the app until i get home. There is no other way to log in, no other security steps except for this one. Really unsatisfied

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. テナント間の切替が不便と感じました。slackのworkspace切替のような仕様にしてもらえると助かります。

テナント間の切替が不便と感じました。slackのworkspace切替のような仕様にしてもらえると助かります。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Float on Top

Constantly switching to the Desktop Client's window is incredibly annoying. It desperately needs a thin border, float on top state.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. goto command should make destination team/channel active also on left list

as per title, when using /goto [team name] command main window jumps to the selected team, but on the left the teams/channels list doesn't update to reflect the current active team/channel selected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would like the ability to import data to an existing SharePoint List

There is a feature to import data to a new SharePoint List. Would like to expand this to allow the import of new data to an existing SharePoint List.

I found a 3rd part add-in for this functionality, but our company does not allow that.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Refresh data across platforms

When I am using Teams on my phone and then arrive at my desktop, the feeds are not updated. I have to shut down Teams on my Surface, then re-open to get the most recent conversations I just had while on mobile. We should be able to move between mobile and workstation and continue conversations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. office 365 button

A button to allow people to open the O365 portal/dashboard.

Teams feels too distant from the portal.

I see there is the Files section which connects to the One Drive. That offers almost enough functionality. If onedrive/share point was better supported then perhaps that would be enough.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The desktop app is far worse than the website. Stop pushing it.

It has worse performance. It has drastically more annoying notification behavior and lacks all the features you enjoy in a browser (like extendability or the ability to remove your annoying animated emojis).

So I really don't see why I need to see a notification banner constantly that tells me about the amazing desktop app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let Teams tell users when Skype for business is open (so Teams won't start)

I had Skype fB open on my desktop and wanted to start Teams. It gave an error message but didn't hint me that Skype and Teams are unable to be active at the same time. Why not anyway?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Trello won't sign in from desktop app

Note: Your browser was unable to load all of Trello's resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.