Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Conversation searching needs to be improved

I found an instance where I needed to go back to a point in time with a conversation with. colleague of mine. I remembered some of the details so I used those to search. I found one of the messages from that time frame, but when clicking on it there is not an option to jump to that point in time. When you click “go to conversation” it just takes you to your chat with that person and the bottom of the transcript. That’s not helpful. My only other option is to scroll back up to that date/time, but since…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams is great but needs to adopt a one-hotkey-to-rule-them-all paradigm similar to Slack's `cmd+k`

Teams is great but needs to adopt a one-hotkey-to-rule-them-all paradigm similar to Slack's cmd+k. The current setup seems to have context sensitive hotkeys, and I can't always remember which ones to use where. I want to push one shortcut, type [part of] the name of the location I want to get to. It should go there regardless of my current location (can't get from chat to teams this way) and regardless of my destination.

• one key to bring up keyboard navigation

• UI quickly suggests chats, teams, channels, files, etc that have my text in them.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Group conversations

It would be great if you could add websites to a group conversation just like you can in a one on one conversation.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BUG: It is possible for 2 users to call each other and the calls don't join

2 users - call each other. Both are ringing. But you cannot see the other person's answer button because your screen shows that it is calling.

Expected action - calls join or answer button visible to answer a call when calling.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I have Teams open on a monitor that isn't my main monitor and then undock my laptop, I'm unable to access

When I have Teams open on a monitor that isn't my main monitor and then undock my laptop, I'm unable to access the application as it keeps trying to open it on my other monitor which at that time isn't connected making it inaccessible.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Local state API in desktop client

I as a teams user on my private device
    would like to have a local state api to see and change my current state
    so I can control teams via my elgato StreamDeck.

States I would like to see:
    - webcam on/off
    - Mic on/off
    - Incoming call notification

States I want to change:
    - turn webcam on/off
    - turn Mic on/off, accept from lobby
    - Accept incoming call with audio/video
    - Hangup/leave current meeting

A local http(s) api would be perfect for me.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop Auto Minimize When Sharing Screen

I use dual monitors. I click to share the screen and MS Teams auto-minimizes.

I need to keep Teams up so I can communicate with students in chat while I work on problems on the other monitor.

Annoying to have to constantly bring it back up each time I share.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "Pop out chat" feature on Channels as well.

Add "Pop out chat" feature on Channels as well. Currently is available only on the one to one chat

It helps when we are on a call on a channel but what to see a message from another channel or interact with another channel.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Font Size and Color

Would very much like the capability to set font size and color to be used in all chats instead having to reset it for each individual chat every time a message is typed.

Thank you!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Delete history

Add option to delete history, why is it on backlog. We need to have a clean screen please.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a feature allow user use Teams for Desktop and web can forward chat or message

In Teams for Mobile, it can reply and forward chat easily, but in Teams for Desktop and Web can't reply and forward chat, When I need to forward file to anyone I need to download and upload again, it not good.
    I need to this feature for reply someone and forward message.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mute-Share toolbar

I want the ability to get this Mute-Share toolbar (see attached) so that it does not block presentation material when someone is doing a screenshot.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create a Personal Home Page in Teams

It would be great if users could create their own personal landing page (similar to SharePoint). If I could set this up, I'd be able to see my feed, calendar, and Team Channels on my personal landing page.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Full desktop version to iPadOS

Since iPadOS and iPads now are more and more becoming a standard workplace for many.

Please make the iPadOS version more intune with the full desktop version of Mac/Win. I know the web version can be used. But it’s still not to par with the desktop variants. At the moment I am toggling between the app and the web version in some of my workloads. I would be much more effecient if everything was available in the iPadOS-app.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please disclose the logic regarding the “Recommend” and “Trend” notification functions.

There are "Recommend" and "Trends" in the notification function.
    However, there is no information about this notification.
    Please disclose the logic of operation.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. window size / no proportion lock

More window size options for the teams for PC; I like how small the skype chat window can get.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Room mode

Have a "room mode" in the desktop version of the app.

Currently we rely on a meeting room computer with a consumer Skype account. We will inevitably one day get a proper room system, but in the meantime we already have what we need equipment wise... just not software-wise.

It would be useful if you could setup a desktop installation of MS Teams as a meeting room so that staff do not need to login with their accounts (which they would then forget to log out of), or have dedicated meeting room users.

Maybe this is already possible and I've…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. deleting a chat

the whole idea of a chat system is to get rid of email clutter. Now I have 55 running chats of clutter? why can't you just quickly get rid of old chats?

Additionally, why isn't my organization an immediate contact add (we're a small company of 20-25)...seems like a basic need.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. pop out window with active chats all in one place. If not it is hard to even see active conversations with contracts on one tab

pop out window with active chats all in one place. If not it is hard to even see active conversations. Also contacts tab/link don't show active conversations or message waiting

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Is Microsoft Teams support build in UWP app?

My custom need develop a UWP app on VR device. So, need App can exchange information with Microsoft Teams. Or, like IE can build-in app, could you please confirm Microsoft Teams support build in UWP app? Or, other solution?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base