Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams update : disable in-app alert

As described in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-client-update an in-app alert will be displayed if the Teams client version is not up to date : "... To begin assisting in identifying when desktop clients fall out of date, an in-app alert will be displayed if the user’s current version is between one and three months old, and if there's a new version available. This in-app messaging encourages users to update to the latest version of Teams or, if necessary, to reach out to their IT admin to do so ..." . Please add the option to centrally disable this message. Typical use case for…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When screen sharing, the number of multiple displays needs to be the same as in windows display

I have 3 external monitors connected to my laptop.

When I screen share in Teams I have a problem where the screen numbering is Teams is not the same as Windows Screen numbering.

So for example

My Laptop Screen is recognized in Windows Display as 1 but in MS Teams when screen share is *** is labelled as Screen 2 (this is extended)
    My monitor that is classed as my main display in Windows Display is 4 but in in MS Teams when screen share is *** is labelled as Screen 1
    My monitor that is classed as an extended…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reply to particular message in Windows desktop app

Please allow reply to particular message in Windows desktop app exactly same as android app

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable Teams client to support BYOD on Windows devices.

Teams needs to be available on BYOD and, as the web client is not feature comparable to the full client, the full client should support Windows better.

Upload and download of files should be able to be blocked as well as copy and paste out of the app. Without this Teams client is a security disaster and very hard to deploy.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add the pop-out feature to the main teams area

Add the pop-out feature to the main teams area as well (not just the chat) it'd be great to have multiple teams window open at once

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Delete history

Add option to delete history, why is it on backlog. We need to have a clean screen please.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Replay to message in named chats using desktop app. Now it is only possible from mobile

Replay to message in named chats using desktop app. Now it is only possible from mobile

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MS Teams - Update Procedure

Dear MS Team Devs,

The current Microsoft Teams update procedure is currently broken and needs serious attention.

As it stands the desktop application will give you a banner to update your MS Teams desktop client. Most users ignore this message and sometimes have problems connecting to MS Team sessions or conferences due to the fact that the host for instance is on a newer version of MS Teams.

In my view the MS Teams application must download an prepare the update for the user before next startup. This will force the user to update to the latest version of MS…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Full desktop version to iPadOS

Since iPadOS and iPads now are more and more becoming a standard workplace for many.

Please make the iPadOS version more intune with the full desktop version of Mac/Win. I know the web version can be used. But it’s still not to par with the desktop variants. At the moment I am toggling between the app and the web version in some of my workloads. I would be much more effecient if everything was available in the iPadOS-app.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Close Teams Launcher page when Desktop client is launched

If we see the following page in a browser and the "Launch it now" link is clicked, the tab in the browser should be closed.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Room mode

Have a "room mode" in the desktop version of the app.

Currently we rely on a meeting room computer with a consumer Skype account. We will inevitably one day get a proper room system, but in the meantime we already have what we need equipment wise... just not software-wise.

It would be useful if you could setup a desktop installation of MS Teams as a meeting room so that staff do not need to login with their accounts (which they would then forget to log out of), or have dedicated meeting room users.

Maybe this is already possible and I've…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. deleting a chat

the whole idea of a chat system is to get rid of email clutter. Now I have 55 running chats of clutter? why can't you just quickly get rid of old chats?

Additionally, why isn't my organization an immediate contact add (we're a small company of 20-25)...seems like a basic need.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Include policy settings applied to user in diag logs

It would be a great troubleshooting tool if the list of service policies applied to a user's Microsoft Teams client are recorded in the MS Teams client logs (ctrl+alt+shift+1). Meetings Policies, Messaging Policies, App Policies, Teams Upgrade policies etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow user to set chat history length

Create a setting that allows the user to define the number of contacts/chats to keep in the Recent Chat history.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add cellular calling option like Skype.

Skype has better call options and phone integration.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. goto command should make destination team/channel active also on left list

as per title, when using /goto [team name] command main window jumps to the selected team, but on the left the teams/channels list doesn't update to reflect the current active team/channel selected.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams is great but needs to adopt a one-hotkey-to-rule-them-all paradigm similar to Slack's `cmd+k`

Teams is great but needs to adopt a one-hotkey-to-rule-them-all paradigm similar to Slack's cmd+k. The current setup seems to have context sensitive hotkeys, and I can't always remember which ones to use where. I want to push one shortcut, type [part of] the name of the location I want to get to. It should go there regardless of my current location (can't get from chat to teams this way) and regardless of my destination.

• one key to bring up keyboard navigation
    • UI quickly suggests chats, teams, channels, files, etc that have my text in them.
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Group conversations

It would be great if you could add websites to a group conversation just like you can in a one on one conversation.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Loading Screen Stuck

On my machine, there's a bug where the 'Loading Teams...' screen gets stuck and stays visible even after Teams is running, and I can't close it. I have to use Task Manager to kill it and restart Teams several times a day. It seems to be tied to suspend/resume as it doesn't happen right away when I start Teams. I'm using an HP ZBook with an HP dock.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base