Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a flag to the MSI installer to clean up per user installs

The new MSI installer is a very welcome addition, but the process of converting a machine from a per-user install to system wide is a bit of a pain.

Why not add an option to the installer to do this when the MSI is deployed?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. External Persistent chat priority alert

It would be very useful to be able to assign a different type of alert for different persistent chats. For example:

We use Skype's persistent chat for remote teams during critical events.

the notification windows & alert sounds for chats with a higher priority should look and sound differently so that they stand out from other chats.

This would allow us to train users to respond accordingly and increase our efficiency when responding to critical events whose responders are in various remote locations that are contributing to and participating in the event response.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. goto command should make destination team/channel active also on left list

as per title, when using /goto [team name] command main window jumps to the selected team, but on the left the teams/channels list doesn't update to reflect the current active team/channel selected.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customization

Add personalisation just like in SharePoint where you can add your Company logo and look and feel + adding custom style sheets etc.
    Would be so much nicer if you can make it more personal to your own companies styling

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. notification on desktop app

Multiple notifications came out from the same chat and there is no way to dismiss the notification other than clicking into the chat one by one. Each line of chat are displayed as separate notification and flooded the right side of screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. min window width is too large for my liking.

min window width is too large for my liking. Option are way to minimal...but we have stickers?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Conversation searching needs to be improved

I found an instance where I needed to go back to a point in time with a conversation with. colleague of mine. I remembered some of the details so I used those to search. I found one of the messages from that time frame, but when clicking on it there is not an option to jump to that point in time. When you click “go to conversation” it just takes you to your chat with that person and the bottom of the transcript. That’s not helpful. My only other option is to scroll back up to that date/time, but since…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. pdf viewer rotate

The PDF viewer inside of Teams is a very weak minimally viable product. Rather than ask for a whole bunch of features, it would be nice to open the PDF in the viewer I have registered on my computer that will be much more robust. Currently I have to download and then open...kind of a pain. Would be better to open like I can from a browser where the MIME type is past to the OS and the OS can open with the viewer that it has registered for that file type. Alternatively...put an awesome full featured PDF viewer inside…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. bookmark folder

I would like to be able to bookmark folders or files that I frequently access within Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Loading Screen Stuck

On my machine, there's a bug where the 'Loading Teams...' screen gets stuck and stays visible even after Teams is running, and I can't close it. I have to use Task Manager to kill it and restart Teams several times a day. It seems to be tied to suspend/resume as it doesn't happen right away when I start Teams. I'm using an HP ZBook with an HP dock.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatically hide video window during desktop sharing

When sharing your desktop, the small video window should automatically hide or minimize. This small video window (since shown on the shared desktop) is seen by all attendees, but never shows the presenter (only other attendees are shown, as they speak).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. pop out any window

pop out any window (not just chat) e.g. document, library, meeting, faces seperate from screen share, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please enable "Reply" option for the desktop version

The "Reply" option does work on the mobile version but on the desktop version.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. allow all participants to type and draw on a whiteboard or shared screen simultaneously

allow all participants to type and draw on a whiteboard or shared screen simultaneously. Right now, control must be requested and released, rather than being able to get input from all participants simultaneously for all to see and collaborate from

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Replay to message in named chats using desktop app. Now it is only possible from mobile

Replay to message in named chats using desktop app. Now it is only possible from mobile

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add a way to add and display easily multiple teams accounts to the desktop Teams apps.

Please add a way to add and display easily multiple teams accounts to the desktop Teams apps.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SMS

SMS to Teams phone system. Would love to have people "text" my work number and it show as a chat in Teams. Would love to start a chat in Teams and it is sent as an SMS to a mobile device.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. back screen to hide your home background other than blured

Give options to create a screen save/background as Zoom has

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. windows

Make de windows teams app a windows app. so you chat, work on teams and open application at the same time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Undock Chat

It would be great to have the option to Undock the Chat into another window and manage it like Skype (RIP) and have the option to group contacts and meetings.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base