Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop the clickonce userprofile installers! Please!

Seriously creating a msi, to copy the clickonce **** to the progam files dir is the cheapest and most lazy sollution i have ever seen. I've seen this in smaller companies, but expect a lot better from microsoft.
    You created the msi installer, why not use it? Userprofile installs is not the way forward. Stop it please.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. macOS native share experience

Please make an add-in so we can share directly from the macOS plattform into teams. You have this on iOS already and it is GREAT.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to view architectural files in the desktop client. (Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup)

If we could view architectural files even if read only it would be absolutely amazing.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please stop automatically collapsing the Section and Page list - it drives me mad - thanks

If there is sufficient screen space, don't automatically collapse the list of Sections and Pages. This should be a User decision, a simple Pin/Unpin would do. Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. pdf viewer rotate

The PDF viewer inside of Teams is a very weak minimally viable product. Rather than ask for a whole bunch of features, it would be nice to open the PDF in the viewer I have registered on my computer that will be much more robust. Currently I have to download and then open...kind of a pain. Would be better to open like I can from a browser where the MIME type is past to the OS and the OS can open with the viewer that it has registered for that file type. Alternatively...put an awesome full featured PDF viewer inside…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make error messages appear somewhere in the app

On the mac desktop app, I try to upload a file that gives me an error. in the top right corner of my screen. Clicking on the error gives me nothing and I can't read the full message in the little bubble so I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe show the error in the actual chat so it's readable?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1. Order

Referring to the Desktop App version.
    Messages, conversations and changes are displayed with the original 'post' placed on top - descending in progressive historical posts. There is no option for sorting or filtering.
    Consider changing this with the latest input on top. Increases performance and efficiency - avoiding to have to go through a long list of elements that the user is already aware of or can refer to - if and when the situation requires - not each and every time.
    Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Maximized desktop app displays a thin white bar up the screen to the left.

Teams Desktop app on Windows 10
    3 monitors are setup -- Left, center (main), and right.
    All monitors are the same resolution (1920x1080) with no scaling.

With Teams maximized on the center/main screen, there is a vertical white bar on the left screen. On the left screen, it is in the top right corner going down. It is 5px width and 745px height.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams update : disable in-app alert

As described in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-client-update an in-app alert will be displayed if the Teams client version is not up to date : "... To begin assisting in identifying when desktop clients fall out of date, an in-app alert will be displayed if the user’s current version is between one and three months old, and if there's a new version available. This in-app messaging encourages users to update to the latest version of Teams or, if necessary, to reach out to their IT admin to do so ..." . Please add the option to centrally disable this message. Typical use case for…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multiple MS Teams Windows open at the same time

I would like to open two separate windows for MS Teams. This would be good as I could view different sets of files at the same time, instead of having to navigate back and forth to view the files

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the pop-out feature to the main teams area

Add the pop-out feature to the main teams area as well (not just the chat) it'd be great to have multiple teams window open at once

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Delete

We need the option to DELETE files such as recordings. This is a hassle to not be able to do so!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delete history

Add option to delete history, why is it on backlog. We need to have a clean screen please.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the ability to hide multiple conversations simultaneously

It would be nice to be able to hide multiple or all chats rather than having to hide one at a time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Replay to message in named chats using desktop app. Now it is only possible from mobile

Replay to message in named chats using desktop app. Now it is only possible from mobile

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create multi account signin

Ability to be signed in with few Microsoft accounts so we can receive messages and calls from one application.

Right now we need to use desktop app and browser for other accounts as many companies switched to Microsoft Teams.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. windows

Make de windows teams app a windows app. so you chat, work on teams and open application at the same time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide Notifications (Do Not Disturb)

The setting for automatic hiding of notifications when duplicating screens in PowerPoint or Web Meetings is a great feature on Skype Business through the "Do Not Disturb" automatic status change. Please make sure to deliver in Teams.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Full desktop version to iPadOS

Since iPadOS and iPads now are more and more becoming a standard workplace for many.

Please make the iPadOS version more intune with the full desktop version of Mac/Win. I know the web version can be used. But it’s still not to par with the desktop variants. At the moment I am toggling between the app and the web version in some of my workloads. I would be much more effecient if everything was available in the iPadOS-app.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include policy settings applied to user in diag logs

It would be a great troubleshooting tool if the list of service policies applied to a user's Microsoft Teams client are recorded in the MS Teams client logs (ctrl+alt+shift+1). Meetings Policies, Messaging Policies, App Policies, Teams Upgrade policies etc.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base