Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Crashing multiple times a day

It crashed more than 10 times today always with same message like "There was a glitch, we are recovering" and every time I had to re login. I cannot stand this anymore. Please fix this.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the way the contact list can be displayed, picture or name (font and size) only or both.

Change the way the contact list can be displayed, picture or name (font and size) only or both. Right or left side of the chat window.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make error messages appear somewhere in the app

On the mac desktop app, I try to upload a file that gives me an error. in the top right corner of my screen. Clicking on the error gives me nothing and I can't read the full message in the little bubble so I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe show the error in the actual chat so it's readable?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1. Order

Referring to the Desktop App version.
    Messages, conversations and changes are displayed with the original 'post' placed on top - descending in progressive historical posts. There is no option for sorting or filtering.
    Consider changing this with the latest input on top. Increases performance and efficiency - avoiding to have to go through a long list of elements that the user is already aware of or can refer to - if and when the situation requires - not each and every time.
    Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Maximized desktop app displays a thin white bar up the screen to the left.

Teams Desktop app on Windows 10
    3 monitors are setup -- Left, center (main), and right.
    All monitors are the same resolution (1920x1080) with no scaling.

With Teams maximized on the center/main screen, there is a vertical white bar on the left screen. On the left screen, it is in the top right corner going down. It is 5px width and 745px height.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatically hide video window during desktop sharing

When sharing your desktop, the small video window should automatically hide or minimize. This small video window (since shown on the shared desktop) is seen by all attendees, but never shows the presenter (only other attendees are shown, as they speak).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add the pop-out feature to the main teams area

Add the pop-out feature to the main teams area as well (not just the chat) it'd be great to have multiple teams window open at once

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add a way to add and display easily multiple teams accounts to the desktop Teams apps.

Please add a way to add and display easily multiple teams accounts to the desktop Teams apps.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. enable addition of photos from my pictures to use as background effects

enable addition of photos from my pictures to use as background effects

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. windows

Make de windows teams app a windows app. so you chat, work on teams and open application at the same time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Desktop sharing should allow a certain, definable area of the screen to be shared

Desktop sharing should allow a certain, definable area of the screen to be shared, for example the left half, the right third, the first quarter at the top left, and so on.

Reason:

I work with a large screen and high resolution at my workplace. Other team users use smaller screens with lower resolutions. Accordingly, you can't see things so well on my shared screen. Releasing just a single application, on the other hand, is too little, because you would always have to laboriously change the released application. So it would be easier to share half or 2/3 of your…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. forwarding to virtual user agent (auto attendant or call queue)

User should be able to set a forwarding to a virtual user (auto attendant / call queue) in the desktop client. Currently these virtual users cannot be found (or entered) in Settings/Calls/Call answering rules in the desktop client.

In the mobile clients (both Android and iOS) the virtual users can however be found and used to forward calls to.

Functionality is required as many organizations, like ours, like calls to be always answered even if the user is not able to or does not timely answer a call, instead of using voicemail.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. screen sharing keyboard layout BUG

Its not really an idea, it is bug (a bug tracker would be a good idea...)

The bug: if you take control over the screen of someone else, and the other person has a different keyboard layout, your keystrokes in teams are interpreted using the keyboard layout of the pc you are controlling.

(try running some powershell commands if you have no idea where any symbols are).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Viewed Message visual indication.

When one sent message , sender should know that receiver has viewed or not ? like whatsapp indication to viewed message or recieved message indication with double tick and blue tick to indicate viewed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Prevent automatic login prompt for Teams

We would like to prevent the automatic login when MS begins the deployment of the Teams client with Office 365 ProPlus. We very much want to deploy the Teams client so we would like it to be integrated with ProPlus, but the auto login will cause confusion for our community in the short term.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Free the Team list panel

In Teams client, teams list are organize in 2 level (My teams and hidden teams.
    Will really appreciate to organize manually the list of teams in this panel.
    Example :
    - Internal Projects
    - Customer projects
    - Dev

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include policy settings applied to user in diag logs

It would be a great troubleshooting tool if the list of service policies applied to a user's Microsoft Teams client are recorded in the MS Teams client logs (ctrl+alt+shift+1). Meetings Policies, Messaging Policies, App Policies, Teams Upgrade policies etc.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add cellular calling option like Skype.

Skype has better call options and phone integration.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. what's new in desktop version

Teams gets updated frequently, which is good. In the same way I can see what's new in phone app, desktop version should too:

"You have Microsoft Teams Version x.x.xx.xxxxx (xx bit). It was last updated on dd/MM/yyyy"

I have googled a few desktop versions and no information whatsoever on what changes they bring.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. client auto update

How does the teams desktop client auto update in an enterprise environment? My management is concerned in a ~10K user environment if everyone signed on at the same time in the morning and a client update is available, that it will saturate our ISP connection if 10k folks are trying to pull an 80mb update package. Can you please describe how this mitigated? delivery optimization like Windows 10 can achieve for its updates? or randomized updating of the clients to not all update at once?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base