Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable addition of photos from my pictures to use as background effects

enable addition of photos from my pictures to use as background effects

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to have multi-screen viewing of content

It would be beneficial to split screen content of Teams. For example I want to pull a presentation onto a second screen so I can see content while still using the other features on a separate screen such as chat, checking my calendar, uploading or searching for a file.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to change the connection destination of the translation function to Microsoft Translator, which registers my own dictionary.

I register my own dictionary with the Microsoft Translator API.
    Translation with Microsoft Teams also wants to change the connection to the custom customized Microsoft Translator API.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Free the Team list panel

In Teams client, teams list are organize in 2 level (My teams and hidden teams.
    Will really appreciate to organize manually the list of teams in this panel.
    Example :
    - Internal Projects
    - Customer projects
    - Dev

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to change/hide “Get an app for Windows” message when we open Teams from browser

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ブラウザーで開いた際の動作について
    Allow us to change/hide “Get an app for Windows” message when we open Teams from browser

■Description(内容):

現在 Teams をブラウザーで利用した際には、最初に ”Windows アプリを入手” の項目が表示されます。
    Windows 端末に既にインストールされている場合でも、この表示となります。
    そのため、不要なインストールをユーザーが実施してしまうことが散見されます。
    この表示を非表示にする、もしくは、入手ではなく切り替えるボタンを表示させるなどの機能の拡張を要望します。

When we open Teams from browser, “Get an app for Windows” message is shown even the app have already installed to the Windows device.
    Therefore, some users performed unnecessary installation of the app, so I would like to see the feature to hide this message or show the switching button to installed apps instead of “Get an app” message.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop the clickonce userprofile installers! Please!

Seriously creating a msi, to copy the clickonce **** to the progam files dir is the cheapest and most lazy sollution i have ever seen. I've seen this in smaller companies, but expect a lot better from microsoft.
    You created the msi installer, why not use it? Userprofile installs is not the way forward. Stop it please.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calls Tab on Desktop Teams.

We are not able to see missed meetings in channels, missed call and call duration on Teams Desktop App.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. INACTIVE with desktop, not just TEAMS app

There are still some definite shortcomings in TEAMS. For example, regarding that "real Time feel" the TEAMS client will go "Inactive" while your working in other applications, as opposed to SKYPE only goes inactive when you don't interact with your desktop for "X" duration

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Chats should have a "pop-up" notification similar to Skype, or incoming Outlook email.

Have a small notification that appears on the screen when someone is chatting with you. If Team is minimized chats get missed.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Lighning fast client needed

Either make a lite version of the client or allow configuration of current client. The client has the main issue VS Code also has: Probably based on electron and therefore EXTREMELY slow especially starting up. I have uninstalled it because it is too slow. You need to make a faster experience for just writing with people. Otherwise it will never be able to replace skype which is MUCH faster. People dont want to wait. They want fast experience which teams doesn't deliver at all currently.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ctrl + end does not scroll to bottom of chat.

Every other microsoft (and non microsoft) application utilized ctrl + end and ctrl + home to get to the top and bottom respectively. If you scroll up a conversation in Teams, the only way to get to the most recent chat is to scroll all the way back down, or switch to another chat then back to the original.

ctrl + end should scroll to most recent, or at the very least there should be a button to take you there.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can't shift click to move and it opens off screen when switching between work and home

Exactly as description says, can't use the shift right click on task bar trick to move a window that opened off screen for some reason. Please fix that or make sure the title bar is on screen!!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1. Order

Referring to the Desktop App version.
    Messages, conversations and changes are displayed with the original 'post' placed on top - descending in progressive historical posts. There is no option for sorting or filtering.
    Consider changing this with the latest input on top. Increases performance and efficiency - avoiding to have to go through a long list of elements that the user is already aware of or can refer to - if and when the situation requires - not each and every time.
    Thanks

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Native notifications

It is highly annoying that Teams is not integrated in the native macOS notifications framework.
    Due to this, I often miss notifications, since they don't land in the notification centre.
    The most annoying thing though is the fact, that the Do Not Disturb mode is being ignored by Teams.

Please fix!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple MS Teams Windows open at the same time

I would like to open two separate windows for MS Teams. This would be good as I could view different sets of files at the same time, instead of having to navigate back and forth to view the files

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notification sounds in Teams

Please make the notification sound for a new message editable or give us some other options please!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reply

For Teams CHAT There is no reply option in Window Laptop App. While it is available in the Android app. Please update the app asap.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. windows

Make de windows teams app a windows app. so you chat, work on teams and open application at the same time.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. select messages in chat

Please add ability to select messages in chat and for actions with them: Forward, Delete etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base